Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check  (Read 12943 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« on: May 15, 2017, 01:19:24 am »

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone would be interested in doing a remake of this game I did a year ago (almost exactly). The game will be pretty much exactly the same as the original, if there is interest. If anyone would like to play a game like this, say so below or post a character sheet. I've quoted in the OP for the OOC for the original.

Before the beginning of time the gods have worked ever so diligently to bring new and interesting worlds. Now as the creation of a new world draws near, many divine beings have drawn near. While your power is great and your will mighty, their numbers are many and their strength may be beneficial. Many a magical being, mage, and monstrosity would rally behind you if you appease their demands. As a god, it is for you to decide what makes it into this world and what does not. Chose your pieces wisely for there are those who may seek dominion over your domain.

In this game players will each play one god of many. Each turn players will receive an allowance of divine energy which will allow them to influence the world. In addition, each turn other entities will make you offers of allegiance and power in the developing world. You may chose to use some of your energy to fulfill their request (and receive a reward) or you may devote your energy to bringing your own vision into the material world.

Like most god games there isn't really a victory scenario. The game is about finding your own goals, creation, and doing what you'd do if you were a god. Now that doesn't mean you can't try to destroy other god's work, because you chose your own goals, you can act however you desire.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Each god will start with a single race of their own creation. You can choose to guide this race through the ages or let them flourish or falter on their own.
Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)

Then there are the other powerful entities who will try to make their way into the physical world.

Spoiler: Other Major Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Lesser Entities (click to show/hide)

All and all, this is a game about creating an interesting world. Several gods will play simultaneously and share one world. Each god's actions affecting the other god's. Some beings may be powerful enough to influence and enter the world without your consent, be wary and prepared to deal with those when need be.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:22:59 am »

IN, sheet incoming

Spoiler: Guldenix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daktils (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:58:42 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 01:40:50 am »

Spoiler: Kyazir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 06:05:22 am »

I'm in sheet coming.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 06:12:15 am »

God Name: Mo
Spheres: Isolation and Apathy
Appearance: A giant shell without openings
Personality: Mo cares only for his own followers, and would not care if the rest of the world burns.

Name: Tortons
Description: Tortoise people with majestic shells and a gift for magic, especially defensive magic and wards.
Culture: Sedentary individuals that like studying magic and ignoring the problems and plights of non-Tortons from behind thick and high walls. Will generally respond to threats by hunkering in their shells, and on a grander scale, hiding inside their walls and magic defences. They like living in underground fortresses or high up in the mountains.

$$$Pricecheck:
Dimension wall: It costs a minimum of 20 essence for those without Mo's approval to enter the world, or double what it would have cost otherwise if that's more. Mo is alerted of all beings that cross the Dimension Wall
Reality Anchor: Prevents teleportation, portals or instantaneous movement of any sort across the entire world.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:26:50 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 06:13:58 am »

Sheet incoming, i liked the previous game.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 06:44:28 am »

God Name: Waukahan
Spheres: Afterlife, Spirit World, Balance, Hunting
Appearance: He is seen under many forms, but most usually as a strong man with a head of an eagle. He is often seen by the mortals as a majestic eagle.
Personality: Waukahan is also known as "the road between lifes" and it is his role to carry the souls of the dead to the afterlife on his giant wings.  He doesn't intervere into the mortal world, unless it is to repair what was broken, and hates other powerful creature that break the balance. He is known to hunt down the major entities that are a hazard to the safety of the universe and thus is usually feared by them. He is known for his knowledge of the spirit world which he often visits.
Goals: Keep the balance in the universe, ((Another secret Goal is gonna be sent to the GM))

((Strongly inspired by Native American mythology))

Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)

BTW:
I really like how NRDL's god is kind of the opposite of mine and I think it will make a fun story. He will be all about breaking stuff and I will be all about repearing. The same with Demonic Spoon's god. He is centered around his race and I mostly don't care about my race even though they worship me all the time.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:50:55 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 08:23:01 am »

God Name:  Stolen
Spheres:  Theft, Discord, Undeath
Appearance:  A young female member of a species with a quick smile and bright eyes.
Personality:  Stolen is primarily concerned with upsetting boundaries and breaking rules, such as ownership, life and death and appropriate social behaviour.

Name:  Shades
Description:  Amorphous figures with barely tangible forms, shades have the curious property of being nominally invisible except that they do filter enough light to leave a shadow cast by light sources.  They are weak, with their young barely strong enough to lift a feather, but have the curious property of being bodysnatchers - at least of unoccupied bodies.  Corpses can be temporarily inhabited by shades, who are able to trigger the left-over nervous system and musculature to operate them to perform heavy lifting and other physical tasks.  Most shades, especially the young, are extremely fragile and can be destroyed by strong wind, fire or other forms of damage that can disrupt their whole form at once.  The strongest, oldest shades can operate in the common world without needing a body.  Shades feed off living essence, but since most creatures can easily destroy or fend off naked shades they can only really consume essence from very simple life, such as algae and mould (even plants are risky due to the threat of raindrops shattering their forms).  When inhabiting a body they can live off the rot decaying the body itself, or carry decaying meat or plant matter in the bag that used to be the corpse's stomach for consumption.
Culture:  At this early stage of proto-civilisation, clans of shades in migration might look like shambling hordes of zombies; fresh bodies are needed to replace broken, decaying forms that can no longer be effectively puppeted and are essential for reproduction - without deep, dark caves with stable atmospheres new shades can only be spawned in fresh bodies where they will remain safe from the elements until they are strong enough.  Little technology exists, although shades are sapient and fairly communal, and their society consists of bands of roving, shambling hordes reaving enough food and fresh bodies to sustain themselves.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 08:25:56 am »

PTW, Will sheet in a bit.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 08:49:43 am »

Name: Rogin
Spheres: Industry, Greed, Drunkness, Earth
Appearance: A giant pillar of stone (granite)
Personality: Rogin was a rather handsome fellow who made an ill advised bet one evening on a six legged horse race one evening. Now he is fated to spend all of eternity in this new world as a giant rock, and is determined to make the most of it.
Goals: Collect the most shiny things, win wagers

Spoiler: Race: Earbola (click to show/hide)

Looks cool!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 09:27:03 am »

Spoiler: Godism (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Racism (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 10:04:03 am »

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:10:52 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 11:05:56 am »

In.

Spoiler: Species (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 11:26:56 am »

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:31:17 am by Leonardo8 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 03:02:48 pm »

Wow 10 entries! I didn't think I'd have that many people interested. Hmmm... I'll have to think about how many players I can handle.

In the meantime: I'm going to try and parse out a few rules.

Old Rules:

Each turn players are given 10 Intervention Points. These can be spent to add things in the world, smite creatures, cause natural disasters and all other godly actions. Bellow are some guidelines to help understand how much a point is worth. When in doubt, do a price check in the OOC. Otherwise I'll interpret you action as using however many points you put in. If it is not enough, the act could fizzle or even backfire on you. And there are no refunds, even if a spell fizzles.

Disasters and Acts of God:
50 Points: Global Cataclysmic Disaster or global blessing.
40 points: Semi-global Cataclysm or semi-global act of god.
30 points: Hemisphere Catastrophe or blessing that affects half the world.
20 points: Regional turmoil and destruction or blessing that effects a region.
10 points: Localized natural disaster or act of god.
5   points: Minor disaster or blessing.
*These don't necessarily have to be good or bad things, this is just a guide to the cost for the area affected. So a blessing that affects the whole world would cost about 50 points, depending on the nature of the blessing. Whereas a blessing that effects a small area will cost around 5-10 points.

Creation of Life:
50 points: Demi-god.
40 points: Minor powerful being (Angels, demons, abominations, basically any world power creature.)
30 points: A mortal race with magical ability.
20-30 points: Large creatures with dangerous potential (semi-megabeasts and megabeast levels of power)
20 points: A mortal race without magical ability.
10 points: A complex or magical animal
5   points: An animal or complex plant.
3   points: A plant or simple animal

Landmark Creation
50 points: A new landmark that could effect the entire world or is extremely powerful.
40 points: A very large or powerful landmark.
30 points: A magical landmark the size of a dungeon (So a labyrinth, a necropolis, or other similarly sized large magical construct).
20 points: A mundane landmark/construct like a large city, a mountain range, or a sea.
10 points: A very small magical landmark or a mundane landmark the size of a small city.

New Locations
40 points: A new continent.
20 points: A small continent.
10 points: A new region or island.
*This is just the base, there will be no life in these new locations until you put it there.

Artifacts
50 points: A powerful artifact that has the potential to affect large parts of the world.
30 points: An artifact that can effect regions. 
10 points: An artifact that can effect a small area or up to 5 individuals.
* The effect given also effects price.

New Rules:

Magic
25 points: A source of magic (lay lines, magic crystals, giant tree, solar power, free floating mana, ect. ect.)
15 points: A minor spell of your design.
10 points: A minor spell designed by your people with some of your influence.
*Magic is going to be balanced by me to prevent OP spells from winning the game. Magic is mortal, and unlike divinity, not perfect.

Resurrection:
Can be done on historical figures only. So heroes, demi-gods, monstrosities, that sort of thing. Cost is 75% of original cost rounded up.

Heros
5-10 points (case by case basis): A mortal which you can influence and communicate with directly.

Divine Shield
1) Assets belonging to another god are covered by a divine shield, which prevents uncounterable attacks against player assets. Throwing a mountain at enemy civilization? Ok. Instantaneously teleporting a mountain around enemy civilization killing them instantly? Not ok.
2) Any time a large number of your worshipers, species of which you are patron to, artifact, significant area, hero, or other significant aspect is in immediate danger. A god is given the opportunity to protect that asset. This does not guarantee that they will be able to protect them, or that their
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:17:40 pm by Roboson »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13