Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467337 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1785 on: March 04, 2018, 01:28:52 am »

Wait for breach. I'll go with my rifle behind more up-close types. I'll shoot at whoever is shooting back. If no breach this round, wait in position.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 05, 2018, 11:56:27 pm »

Charlie waits by any side/back entrance to the building that isn't currently being guarded
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 06, 2018, 12:50:33 am »

take the smoke grenade and go join the assault team, giving the grenade to Tala. Flip my rifle over and prepare to bash heads with it.
((I haven't had a response from syvarris yet about what he wants to do with that but I think I was lumped over in the bush area--I wish I had a chance to use these 'birdwatcher' distraction as a reason to organize literally everyone even if it was a momentary, temporary cover story))

Be part of the breaching team, use that smoke grenade to aid in the assault.

Use birdcall whistle as a signaling device.

OH, but if Radio Controlled is going ahead with his room service plan, back him up as a maid! I'm sure I can requisition a quick change of uniform since the management knows my badge.

Does this place do room service?
Yes, it does.

Time for a dumb idea then! Go commandeer the correct uniform and a cart, and infiltrate their hideout using this age-old excuse. If any daring compatriots want to hide inside the cart behind the curtain or something, they are very welcome to do so. Alternatively, Ed can sneak in some 'splosives this way.
((Hum :-\ This was part of my idea back then but nobody bothered to communicate--what I would do is act like room service, and DEPENDING ON ANYONE's COMMUNICATION, could even use my language to tell the Nazis I'm helping them escape, and shove them all past the rest of you, while the other rest of you wait incognito in plain clothes to arrest them while I drop them of safely, telling them to 'store their weapons' (or whatever) in one of the trolley compartments or stuff. Also helps the disguise being a woman :V
Also. You've a very obvious radio for a head.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:10:40 am by Tiruin »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 06, 2018, 07:56:50 am »

((Uhh, Tir, I'm pretty sure you can just be in the hotel as part of the breaching team, with one action.  Just say "Go inside and join up with the breaching team".  Piecewise is never strict with location when it's irrelevant to what's happening, and we have more than enough time to reposition.  Not to mention that staying outside is worse than useless.

...Also, I feel that the smoke grenade would be more useful simply thrown into the room, rather than used to set off fire alarms.  Fire alarms give them a warning that something is happening, and if they're smart, they'll destroy the press before abandoning it--if they even do that much.  We want the press to survive, no?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 06, 2018, 08:15:21 am »

The 888th. We're the elitest of the elite.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 06, 2018, 08:50:31 am »

((Uhh, Tir, I'm pretty sure you can just be in the hotel as part of the breaching team, with one action.  Just say "Go inside and join up with the breaching team".  Piecewise is never strict with location when it's irrelevant to what's happening, and we have more than enough time to reposition.  Not to mention that staying outside is worse than useless.

...Also, I feel that the smoke grenade would be more useful simply thrown into the room, rather than used to set off fire alarms.  Fire alarms give them a warning that something is happening, and if they're smart, they'll destroy the press before abandoning it--if they even do that much.  We want the press to survive, no?))
((Got it, changed my action >_< I deeply wanted subterfuge to happen but as Radio is going with his plan on room service while we...attack. I am very much against use of force in this context. <__< And more for communication. But it didn't happen much; ideas out to others before actions were shot out. [As in, got ideas? Use the radio], also really disliking that I was inactive for the past few turns due to busyness. :-[))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:00:11 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 06, 2018, 09:06:03 am »

((DO we want the press to survive? why? Evidence?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 06, 2018, 09:06:28 am »

((Hum :-\ This was part of my idea back then but nobody bothered to communicate--what I would do is act like room service, and DEPENDING ON ANYONE's COMMUNICATION, could even use my language to tell the Nazis I'm helping them escape, and shove them all past the rest of you, while the other rest of you wait incognito in plain clothes to arrest them while I drop them of safely, telling them to 'store their weapons' (or whatever) in one of the trolley compartments or stuff. Also helps the disguise being a woman :V

((Didn't have much time to post a lot of chatter then, but you can kind of assume that at the very least I informed people of what I was planning to do (if not, how would any daring compatriots know they could hide inside the cart?) this turn.))

Also. You've a very obvious radio for a head.
Whaaaat? Nonsense! They won't notice a thing.

EDIT: I just remembered we have an OOC thread, maybe we should take it there?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:34:32 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1793 on: March 06, 2018, 09:48:04 pm »

Go help Simon stakeout.
When I get there:
”hey Simon, can you tell me what we should do? I’m not very sure what I am doing. Also, can you tell me the plan? I haven’t really…figured that out yet.

"Like Alice said, go find a good melee weapon, and get reay to breach with the others.  I got the outside covered, we don't need a second sniper.  Ah, and here--take a smoke grenade, breach team has more use for it than I do.  Give it to Tala, I trust her to know when to use it."

If the newbie goes to join the breach team, give him a smoke grenade with orders to deliver it to Tala.

Anyway, as Egan said, it's a city, and Simon's a talented sniper.  There should be some accessible building with line of sight, and unless this park is ridiculously huge it'll be within range too.  But, if not, find some park bench that has line of sight, and sit down next to the bag containing the loaded and ready De Lisle.  That way, if someone tries escaping, Simon can still react, albeit without much stealth.

”thanks, simon I will go and help the breaching team. “
take the smoke grenade and go join the assault team, giving the grenade to Tala. Flip my rifle over and prepare to bash heads with it.
Spoiler: Jimmy Grouse (click to show/hide)
You take the grenade and sprint back inside to the assault team. Getting your cardio for the day.

An oblique view is perfectly fine.  We don't need a perfect view into the room, just an unobstructed view of the windows, so that nobody can get away by climbing out.  I presume there's some building with a view of that exterior wall, which we can access without difficulty?

If not, try and find a way up to the roof of one of the privately-owned homes, preferably without alerting the occupants.  Simon has +2 dex, maybe he can parkour up, at least to a fire escape or something?

EDIT:  If Tir insists on staying outside, radio the newbie and have him deliver the smoke grenade to Carolina (The Lupanian), so that someone can actually use the thing in a useful manner.  Also, mentally grouse about how we have no good leader

Hmm.

Well then rather than doing anything stupid lets just put you on top of the park crescent buildings. If we get you far enough along the curve, you can see the window just fine.

"Hey, you guys found their hideout? Is this the whole op, ya think, or just a branch? Was staking out the park for the delivery guys, but if this the only place, I can serve as an extra gun." Bob sent over the radio.

Bob radios the above out, and continues to stake out, maybe see if any buildings near the park have activity visible through the windows. Keep an eye on the bush of course.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The sniper team runs back into the building so you instead just watch the building, scanning all the windows. Nothing. nothing. Nothing. Two people having sex with the lady's boobs pressed up against the window. Nothing. Maybe like  potted plant but you can't see it so well. Nothing. Nothing.

Yes, it does.

Time for a dumb idea then! Go commandeer the correct uniform and a cart, and infiltrate their hideout using this age-old excuse. If any daring compatriots want to hide inside the cart behind the curtain or something, they are very welcome to do so. Alternatively, Ed can sneak in some 'splosives this way.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You walk into the back of the building, flashing a badge around whenever anyone asks questions. You also make liberal use of the words "Liberty", "War effort", "Churchill" and the phrase "Stiff upper lip". In reality you just kind of say them all in a word salad with the occasional connecting word. It seems to work because you manage to get a cart and uniform. You try to fit the little bellhop style hat over your head but...it doesn't really work.

You head right back up to the hall outside the room.

((Note that Simon's using the De Lisle for this, not the Springfield. It's actually fairly likely we pull this off without anyone noticing. And we're probably only shooting if you guys mess up the breach. :P))

Follow Simon and assist as necessary.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Follow follow boring action with little room for me to slip in innuendo. Wait...

Alice and Simon, on the roof...

There's a dirty limerick in here somewhere...

hiding in a food cart? It's like a tiny, camouflaged (skill 1) tank (skill 2) from which Ed can disarm traps (skill 2) based on demolitions charges (skill 1). Okay, maybe not exactly like a tank, but Ed's in!

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You climb into the cart and whisper

"Drive closer, I want to hit them with my grenade."

Wait out of sight of door, knife ready. If the room service crew is found out, start stabbing.

"I'll stand by to intervene."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Pausing Murder.exe

Wait for breach. I'll go with my rifle behind more up-close types. I'll shoot at whoever is shooting back. If no breach this round, wait in position.
Another waiter?

Charlie waits by any side/back entrance to the building that isn't currently being guarded
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
And another!

Is this a restaurant? I'm seeing a lot of waiters round here.

((I haven't had a response from syvarris yet about what he wants to do with that but I think I was lumped over in the bush area--I wish I had a chance to use these 'birdwatcher' distraction as a reason to organize literally everyone even if it was a momentary, temporary cover story))

Be part of the breaching team, use that smoke grenade to aid in the assault.

Use birdcall whistle as a signaling device.

OH, but if Radio Controlled is going ahead with his room service plan, back him up as a maid! I'm sure I can requisition a quick change of uniform since the management knows my badge.

Yes, it does.

Also. You've a very obvious radio for a head.))
Hmm

Well then I suppose that instead of that current uniform you're going to have to go down stairs and grab something maidy. I'll assume you find what you're looking for and return to the assault team, all dressed up as a maid with a smoke grenade weighing down your apron pocket.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 07, 2018, 08:41:58 am »

Updated action: rig up tripwires and other obstacles along the spies' possible exit paths. Try not to endanger civilian lives with these shenanigans. Ed will not be riding the cart, so Tiruin and Radio can attempt Diplomacy. Maybe someone will get to ride a corpse, shouting "we come in peace!" while firing an automatic high caliber weapon at the Krauts.

Continue with THE PLAN (horrible as it is).

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:04:40 am by Ozarck »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 07, 2018, 09:00:17 am »

((We're all going to die. Ed first, followed swiftly by The Radio and Tiruin's character. And then a firefight will ensue, which will end with much of the hotel in ruins. THe printing operation will be silenced, for a partial success, but the negative press from a hotel being bombed will limit our GLORY and hamper the war effort. One sec, I think I might have a character stirring in the back of my brain for this situation))

Continue with THE PLAN (horrible as it is).
((SO what's that plan :V))

Without further ado, unless Radio or any other single person ever has something to do, let's get on with the assault plan Room Service! [The cleaning crew kind?] Engage politeness protocol; hopefully DO NOT regret being overt with a guy with a radio for a head. :P [And also establish several sentences that we can say that will be transceived over the radio so I can just type what it means later on]

Are we equipped with a trolley or something, for cleaning material (and possibly a place to not be that conspicuous with a smoke grenade and other utilities, for say, hiding THE Nazis' weapons if we have to push our cover?)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Nothing. nothing. Nothing. [CENSORED] Nothing. Maybe like  potted plant but you can't see it so well. Nothing. Nothing.
((That is some anti-conservative timeline we're in .-.;

Also assault team; if we're going through with room service-plannings, how's about y'all position yourselves in a way to disarm us or our position when we exit the area? Because I am knocking on the door, and mentioning room service. If all else fails, I'm using my silenced pistol and mentioning a code word that means 'everyone attack'.

But I'm assuming that they're NOT alarmed, and that I have time to plant the grenade while we sweep up the place. As far as I also know, those door hangers or mentions of what's up, are not yet in place in this year?))

We're all going to die. Ed first, followed swiftly by The Radio and Tiruin's character.
((You speak as if you have experience with this. o_O Is it THAT bad a plan and we cannot be creative this way?))
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:02:30 am by Tiruin »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 07, 2018, 09:51:32 am »

Become a janitor, hiding the gun in the mop, and putting my sack of equipment in the cart thing.
“Hey guys, I’m gunna join you guys, but with some janitor crap. Good?”
I really have no idea what I am doing. You guys have any suggestions?
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:29:54 pm by Leodanny »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 07, 2018, 11:59:35 am »

"That's a nice uniform you've got there, Tala. Really brings out your, ah, explosive assets."

Well, let's do this! Talk our way in, all smooth like.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:01:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 07, 2018, 02:57:38 pm »

Wait out of sight of door, knife ready. If the room service crew is found out, start stabbing.

"I'll stand by to intervene."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 07, 2018, 05:26:55 pm »

Stay just out of sight, ready to move in when the stupid plan goes south.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 228