Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467250 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1770 on: February 27, 2018, 05:21:30 pm »

I like how you say I join the increasingly large group when I was the first one to think of this, and two people followed me here.

...It's a city. Come on, there must be some buildings facing where we want, on the other side of the park maybe. Mister Delisle has a scope on, we don't need to be very close to the target.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1771 on: February 27, 2018, 08:03:34 pm »

((So, I think I missed some stuff. Can anyone fill me in on why people are congregating in a bush, and what this assault team is?))
We captured a Kraut spy. He is giving us some information about the printing press and his allies. We have discovered their room within the hotel, and that the press is in there, along with armed men, explosives, and an escape rope ready to drop out a window.

The room faces the park behind the building, probably. (one teammate has a schematic of the building and thinks it faces the front sidewalk, but that could be the result of a bad roll).
So, a sniper and some others went to scout out a location from which to snipe - ut the best they could find was either hiding in the bushes or building a tree stand. More teammates followed the snipers out, for some reason, so there is a whole group of us hanging around in the park, presumably waiting for the enemy to try to climb out teh window en masse, three stooges style. Alice is explicitly out there because she has less chance of getting shot.

The assault team is the group of armed 888th, and Ed, who are approaching the spy ring's rooms from the more classical and less interesting route of "up the stairs, down the hall, knock on the door kick the door it and invade, screaming and shooting."

Notes:
the Kraut claims that most of his allies are armed. I forgot to ask how many were in the group.
It is now 7:30 p.m. in game. The Krauts are probably awake and active. Also, they have explosives prepped.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: February 27, 2018, 09:41:55 pm »

I've just realized a failure of myself as a player in never specifying what weapons I've been carrying. Can I assume I have my rifle before the assault starts? If not, I'll just have the Luger. IF the assault has started, I'll be right behind the knife guy, take cover at the doorway, and try to shoot anyone that tries the shoot the knife guy. IF the assault hasn't started, I'll allow myself to be positioned, then wait for a better plan.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 27, 2018, 10:13:08 pm »

((So, I think I missed some stuff. Can anyone fill me in on why people are congregating in a bush, and what this assault team is?))
We captured a Kraut spy. He is giving us some information about the printing press and his allies. We have discovered their room within the hotel, and that the press is in there, along with armed men, explosives, and an escape rope ready to drop out a window.

The room faces the park behind the building, probably. (one teammate has a schematic of the building and thinks it faces the front sidewalk, but that could be the result of a bad roll).
So, a sniper and some others went to scout out a location from which to snipe - ut the best they could find was either hiding in the bushes or building a tree stand. More teammates followed the snipers out, for some reason, so there is a whole group of us hanging around in the park, presumably waiting for the enemy to try to climb out teh window en masse, three stooges style. Alice is explicitly out there because she has less chance of getting shot.

The assault team is the group of armed 888th, and Ed, who are approaching the spy ring's rooms from the more classical and less interesting route of "up the stairs, down the hall, knock on the door kick the door it and invade, screaming and shooting."

Notes:
the Kraut claims that most of his allies are armed. I forgot to ask how many were in the group.
It is now 7:30 p.m. in game. The Krauts are probably awake and active. Also, they have explosives prepped.
Thanks a bunch! Now I need to determine if Bob's going to continue to sit in a car for the rest of the evening for any reason, see if there's actually any point in a stakeout.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 02, 2018, 04:13:39 am »

Go help Simon stakeout.
When I get there:
”hey Simon, can you tell me what we should do? I’m not very sure what I am doing. Also, can you tell me the plan? I haven’t really…figured that out yet.

"Like Alice said, go find a good melee weapon, and get reay to breach with the others.  I got the outside covered, we don't need a second sniper.  Ah, and here--take a smoke grenade, breach team has more use for it than I do.  Give it to Tala, I trust her to know when to use it."

If the newbie goes to join the breach team, give him a smoke grenade with orders to deliver it to Tala.

Anyway, as Egan said, it's a city, and Simon's a talented sniper.  There should be some accessible building with line of sight, and unless this park is ridiculously huge it'll be within range too.  But, if not, find some park bench that has line of sight, and sit down next to the bag containing the loaded and ready De Lisle.  That way, if someone tries escaping, Simon can still react, albeit without much stealth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1775 on: March 02, 2018, 12:17:13 pm »

Bob stakes out, presumably watching a bunch of people going into a bush. Also keep monitoring the radio.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You watch the increasingly large bush cuddle puddle. This is...interesting.

Go help Simon stakeout.
When I get there:
”hey Simon, can you tell me what we should do? I’m not very sure what I am doing. Also, can you tell me the plan? I haven’t really…figured that out yet.

"Like Alice said, go find a good melee weapon, and get reay to breach with the others.  I got the outside covered, we don't need a second sniper.  Ah, and here--take a smoke grenade, breach team has more use for it than I do.  Give it to Tala, I trust her to know when to use it."

If the newbie goes to join the breach team, give him a smoke grenade with orders to deliver it to Tala.

Anyway, as Egan said, it's a city, and Simon's a talented sniper.  There should be some accessible building with line of sight, and unless this park is ridiculously huge it'll be within range too.  But, if not, find some park bench that has line of sight, and sit down next to the bag containing the loaded and ready De Lisle.  That way, if someone tries escaping, Simon can still react, albeit without much stealth.

I like how you say I join the increasingly large group when I was the first one to think of this, and two people followed me here.

...It's a city. Come on, there must be some buildings facing where we want, on the other side of the park maybe. Mister Delisle has a scope on, we don't need to be very close to the target.

So here is the problem. That red X is the room. Its on the third floor and facing that park. There aren't any good straight line views of the window aside from maybe that one corner of the building right by the "R" in the Regent's Park label. And that entire section of buildings are privately owned homes. Otherwise we have a bunch of oblique views or a park.

You can try any of these but it will take more effort to scale to the roof of someone's home than just "I do it".

You listen to everything that anyone on the team says over the radio. Not sure what that is, honestly, some people seem to be communicating via psychic abilities or meta knowledge.
((I have a running action to act as a nexus to pass on messages to people even if their talkies are out of range, unless you're not ok with us doing it like that.))

"Maybe I'm crazy, but perhaps we should try to use a trick or something to try and get in before we storm the place and start-a-shooting? Just a thought."

Does this place do room service?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Yes, it does.

Assault team, I'm going to say you've gotten into position upstairs, ready to go in, but hold of on actually having you go in Until we hash out this positioning situation with your sniper backup. Because I assume, in universe, you'd be radioing this back and forth and know they're not ready yet.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 02, 2018, 12:33:28 pm »

Go help Simon stakeout.
When I get there:

”thanks, simon I will go and help the breaching team. “
take the smoke grenade and go join the assault team, giving the grenade to Tala. Flip my rifle over and prepare to bash heads with it.
Spoiler: Jimmy Grouse (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 02, 2018, 01:56:19 pm »

"Hey, you guys found their hideout? Is this the whole op, ya think, or just a branch? Was staking out the park for the delivery guys, but if this the only place, I can serve as an extra gun." Bob sent over the radio.

Bob radios the above out, and continues to stake out, maybe see if any buildings near the park have activity visible through the windows. Keep an eye on the bush of course.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:30 pm »

An oblique view is perfectly fine.  We don't need a perfect view into the room, just an unobstructed view of the windows, so that nobody can get away by climbing out.  I presume there's some building with a view of that exterior wall, which we can access without difficulty?

If not, try and find a way up to the roof of one of the privately-owned homes, preferably without alerting the occupants.  Simon has +2 dex, maybe he can parkour up, at least to a fire escape or something?

EDIT:  If Tir insists on staying outside, radio the newbie and have him deliver the smoke grenade to Carolina (The Lupanian), so that someone can actually use the thing in a useful manner.  Also, mentally grouse about how we have no good leader

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 03, 2018, 08:35:26 am »

((do note that Simon will likely then be firing a high powered sniper rifle from the roof of said home ... in the direction of a hotel full of civilians. He might be unnoticed geting up there, but doing the job will definitely make people aware of his existence.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 03, 2018, 12:21:18 pm »

Does this place do room service?
Yes, it does.

Time for a dumb idea then! Go commandeer the correct uniform and a cart, and infiltrate their hideout using this age-old excuse. If any daring compatriots want to hide inside the cart behind the curtain or something, they are very welcome to do so. Alternatively, Ed can sneak in some 'splosives this way.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 03, 2018, 12:32:34 pm »

((Ed's not planning on sneaking in explosives, since he learned from the captive that the Krauts have already rigged the place. He might be up for sneaking in on the cart and disarming the explosives along the way. that'd be real A-Team meets Police Squad action there. Or maybe Hogan's heroes or Mission Impossible, since we are in WW II and England))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1782 on: March 03, 2018, 06:53:06 pm »

((Note that Simon's using the De Lisle for this, not the Springfield. It's actually fairly likely we pull this off without anyone noticing. And we're probably only shooting if you guys mess up the breach. :P))

Follow Simon and assist as necessary.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 03, 2018, 07:00:25 pm »

hiding in a food cart? It's like a tiny, camouflaged (skill 1) tank (skill 2) from which Ed can disarm traps (skill 2) based on demolitions charges (skill 1). Okay, maybe not exactly like a tank, but Ed's in!

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 03, 2018, 07:45:54 pm »

Wait out of sight of door, knife ready. If the room service crew is found out, start stabbing.

"I'll stand by to intervene."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 228