Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467317 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1755 on: February 25, 2018, 03:50:01 am »

Quote from: Tiruin
Any news? We sorely need a plan for this. Coordination. Anything to get us on the track. All we know is the effort really likes being disconnected with its pawns. But there should be a connection.

"Uhh, no?  I'm just a soldier Ma'am, I kill people, I don't worry about their connections and pawns and stuff."

How's the weather up there buddy?

"I, ah, left the rooftop a little while ago.  Probably shouldn't've done that without mentioning it.  Uh.  Sorry?"

"...I'll go find a good spot again real quick, nothing's happened so no harm no foul, right?"

Look down at the lightning rifle.  Look over at the captive and very shockable Nazi.  Look back at the rifle.  Sigh.

Pack all the guns back up and then go with Alice to find a good sniping perch that has a view of the Nazi room's window.  Be sure to use the De lisle to silently shoot anyone who is seen setting up an escape route for the Nazis.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 25, 2018, 03:58:23 am »

"I, ah, left the rooftop a little while ago.  Probably shouldn't've done that without mentioning it.  Uh.  Sorry?"

"...I'll go find a good spot again real quick, nothing's happened so no harm no foul, right?"

Well if you find any trouble, just tweet, Tala said, knowing Simon had the other birdwhistle...or was that Bob? Hold on, I've a birdwhistle we can use to communicate if ever the handie-talkie doesn't.

Anyway she gives Simon one of them as he goes over...to the...other building to overlook the building she's outside of?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 25, 2018, 09:14:39 am »

Bob will start listening onto the non-car radio, seeing whether he can pick up teammates broadcasts to see what they're up to. Continue staking

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 25, 2018, 09:51:06 am »

I'd like to get just a couple more details from our German pal.
1) How many men?
2) Is the press here in the hotel?
3) If so, he mentioned multiple rooms. Do they have a suite or simply multiple connecting rooms?
4) if not, where is it located?
5) what time is the Kraut expected to report back to his fellows?

((TFW the printing press is in a hotel...err, how is that even possible?))

Any news? How goes your drinks, Edward? Tala radioed in onto the only guy with professional mechanical skill. I'm wondering if we can order some room service while we're at it. I really wanted to do something with whomever we're supposed to find. Oh, also no luck with any skeleton key. You'll have to pick the lock.

She then flipped the radio to communicate with Simon. How's the weather up there buddy?

Look at the building from the outside. Admire the possible verandas or stuff, and imagine how anyone could get out from the third floor, if for example--there were people overhearing that German's...German.
((you are thinking, perhaps, of industrial style printing presses. Older presses were smaller and hand operated. They would easily fit into a hotel room. The operation of one wold likely be noticeable to neighboring rooms though. But, a non-standard pamphlet press could be made small enough to be less obvious. And they aren't mass producing their flyers, tehy are making small bundles of them for the local neighborhood.))

Great. I get to pick multiple locks that I cannot reach because they are probably on the inside of the door, to face off with multiple men who are armed, and who are ready themselves to explode at a moment's notice. I think my deadman's gambit will probably be redundant.

Tala, we need people watching the exits and entrances to the hotel, immediately. They may already be packing up to leave. I don't know if these men are willing to set themselves on fire along with the hotel, but the odds of them burning the place down are less with them inside, I think.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 25, 2018, 12:42:58 pm »

Wait until nightfall, then Climb the wall to the third floor. Stealthily tie a rope to the outside, to create a possible route of entrance.

Spoiler: Jimmy Grouse (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:08:39 am by Leodanny »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 25, 2018, 01:17:21 pm »

Wait until nightfall, then Climb the wall to the third floor. Stealthily tie a rope to the outside, to create a possible route of escape.
Are ... are you on the Germans' side too? Radio got to you, didn't he? Didn't he!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 25, 2018, 11:38:53 pm »

Great. I get to pick multiple locks that I cannot reach because they are probably on the inside of the door, to face off with multiple men who are armed, and who are ready themselves to explode at a moment's notice. I think my deadman's gambit will probably be redundant.

Tala, we need people watching the exits and entrances to the hotel, immediately. They may already be packing up to leave. I don't know if these men are willing to set themselves on fire along with the hotel, but the odds of them burning the place down are less with them inside, I think.

Got it, coordinating the watchers. As a total aside; was wondering if I could dress up as room service and check. Anyway, I'll warn management. I may need another person out here with me just in case things get messy.

Tala tuned in to the other 888th not part of the interrogation, including Radioman.
Requesting all eyes on this building. I need that van on the ready too, in case there are any runners. I'm outside and watching. Simon, rent a room opposite; we are all not to neutralize, but find out connections. Radio, can you pick up other messages outgoing or incoming around you other than us?

She noted the possibility of radio intercepted messages--or any kind of messaging system as the printers would have needed a way to get their information somehow.

Look at the building from the outside. Admire the possible verandas or stuff, and imagine how anyone could get out from the third floor, if for example--there were people overhearing that German's...German.

Also ponder on if there are any services or devices I can temporarily disconnect and reconnect (like a power outage or something).

((As there is no action to attack or breach, yet, I'll be action'ing to warn the management later on))

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Wait until nightfall, then Climb the wall to the third floor. Stealthily tie a rope to the outside, to create a possible route of escape.
Are ... are you on the Germans' side too? Radio got to you, didn't he? Didn't he!
He's new, and judging by his profile, pretty new. :P I'm unsure why he's not communicating though. :-\
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:41:24 pm by Tiruin »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 26, 2018, 09:05:25 am »

Go help Simon stakeout.
When I get there:
”hey Simon, can you tell me what we should do? I’m not very sure what I am doing. Also, can you tell me the plan? I haven’t really…figured that out yet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 26, 2018, 03:09:47 pm »

"Go get something big and heavy. When the others breach that room, run in there and whack some nazis upside their heads."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 27, 2018, 07:52:20 am »

Ack! We've been had boys, the jig is up! Let's skedaddle!

Go check out the outside of the building where the room in question is in, and try to locate where their room is (stealthily, of course, me being the very face of subtlety). If they were to use a rope ladder to try and climb down, about where would they end up?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1765 on: February 27, 2018, 10:47:52 am »

Im assuming HQ will pick him up or something. So I'll leave him, and join the assault team thing.
Alright.

Any news? We sorely need a plan for this. Coordination. Anything to get us on the track. All we know is the effort really likes being disconnected with its pawns. But there should be a connection.

"Uhh, no?  I'm just a soldier Ma'am, I kill people, I don't worry about their connections and pawns and stuff."

How's the weather up there buddy?

Look down at the lightning rifle.  Look over at the captive and very shockable Nazi.  Look back at the rifle.  Sigh.

Pack all the guns back up and then go with Alice to find a good sniping perch that has a view of the Nazi room's window.  Be sure to use the De lisle to silently shoot anyone who is seen setting up an escape route for the Nazis.

Got it, coordinating the watchers. As a total aside; was wondering if I could dress up as room service and check. Anyway, I'll warn management. I may need another person out here with me just in case things get messy.

Tala tuned in to the other 888th not part of the interrogation, including Radioman.
Requesting all eyes on this building. I need that van on the ready too, in case there are any runners. I'm outside and watching. Simon, rent a room opposite; we are all not to neutralize, but find out connections. Radio, can you pick up other messages outgoing or incoming around you other than us?

She noted the possibility of radio intercepted messages--or any kind of messaging system as the printers would have needed a way to get their information somehow.

Also ponder on if there are any services or devices I can temporarily disconnect and reconnect (like a power outage or something).

((As there is no action to attack or breach, yet, I'll be action'ing to warn the management later on))

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

He's new, and judging by his profile, pretty new. :P I'm unsure why he's not communicating though. :-\

Unfortunately their room's window is pointed out at the park rather than the buildings behind the apartment so there's no real good vantage point in a classical sense. About the best you'd get is a large bush with a good view of the room, unless you want to construct some sort of tree platform, but that might be more obvious than stealthy.

Bob will start listening onto the non-car radio, seeing whether he can pick up teammates broadcasts to see what they're up to. Continue staking

You listen to everything that anyone on the team says over the radio. Not sure what that is, honestly, some people seem to be communicating via psychic abilities or meta knowledge.

Go help Simon stakeout.
When I get there:
”hey Simon, can you tell me what we should do? I’m not very sure what I am doing. Also, can you tell me the plan? I haven’t really…figured that out yet.

You go hang out with simon, intent on helping him on his sniper duty. Good thing too, he was all set to shoot you if you did that other action.

Oh, important point: When you post in my games, make sure to only post one action. If you post an action and then want to do a different action instead, either edit the original post or go back and delete it when you post another action in a new post. Otherwise I might not know which one you want done, or might miss one, or any other number of things.

Ack! We've been had boys, the jig is up! Let's skedaddle!

Go check out the outside of the building where the room in question is in, and try to locate where their room is (stealthily, of course, me being the very face of subtlety). If they were to use a rope ladder to try and climb down, about where would they end up?

You look at the fire plan map for the building and then head outside and try to match the location of the rooms with the windows. You search for a few minutes until you think you've found the right window for the corresponding room. If they were to climb down out of it, they would end up on the front sidewalk of the building, a good distance from the entrance, about halfway along the curve of the structure. Nothing really here, as far as you can see.

Given the description that the radioman got, it's probably best to set our bestsniper Simon somewhere outside, so he can use his handy suppressed scoped rifle to prevent or punish any cheeky sneaking out the window these guys attempt. If they know they'll get shot if they go out the window, and aren't suicidal, they can't set the bomb off without going up with it.

Anyway, assuming Simon does that I'll be outside with him. I have binoculars! I'm useful! And less likely to get shot this way!

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
You join the increasingly large group hiding in a bush in the park.

Im assuming HQ will pick him up or something. So I'll leave him, and join the assault team thing.

Assault team is, at this point, far smaller than the backup team.

I'd like to get just a couple more details from our German pal.
1) How many men?
2) Is the press here in the hotel?
3) If so, he mentioned multiple rooms. Do they have a suite or simply multiple connecting rooms?
4) if not, where is it located?
5) what time is the Kraut expected to report back to his fellows?

((TFW the printing press is in a hotel...err, how is that even possible?))

Any news? How goes your drinks, Edward? Tala radioed in onto the only guy with professional mechanical skill. I'm wondering if we can order some room service while we're at it. I really wanted to do something with whomever we're supposed to find. Oh, also no luck with any skeleton key. You'll have to pick the lock.

She then flipped the radio to communicate with Simon. How's the weather up there buddy?

((you are thinking, perhaps, of industrial style printing presses. Older presses were smaller and hand operated. They would easily fit into a hotel room. The operation of one wold likely be noticeable to neighboring rooms though. But, a non-standard pamphlet press could be made small enough to be less obvious. And they aren't mass producing their flyers, tehy are making small bundles of them for the local neighborhood.))

2. Yes, in that room. They brought it in over time in pieces. Its in the bedroom.
3. Their suite basically has one large central room and then smaller connected rooms.
4. Moot
5. A few hours, or the morning. He's not always best at being punctual.

Its currently nighttime by the way, to those who don't know. About 7:30pm.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 27, 2018, 11:27:52 am »

I think I am communicating mostly through Radio, in person, or from meta-lack-of-knowledge (as in, I have no idea who isn't within reach. But all my actions have assumed either direct contact (in the bar, or in the interrogation room), or communication via handy-talky. I think.

Alright. One final preparation and I'll be off. Can I make an explosive small enough to blow open a hotel door without significantly damaging the rest of the building? and do we ... does anyone have any flashbangs, smoke grenades, or other disorientation devices, not counting Radio, who is by nature a disorienting device?

If i can't get any "shock and awe with minimal collateral damage" devices, I'll just take the assault team, position them in strategic places (out of sight, preferably) in the third floor hallway, and knock.

Oh, ... it'd be nice to have access to a nearby room or suite, so I can run into that when the firefight possibly starts, though.

Looks like we're doing this the old fashioned way. Take the assault team and place them in strategic locations down the hall from the Nazi Propaganda Pact, and stand well away from the action, Luger at the ready.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:08:21 pm by Ozarck »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 27, 2018, 01:48:45 pm »

Take point on the assault, kick the door in if no explosives. Knife out, smg only if they're not in rushing range.

"Allow me. I'll have the most fun and have the best knife."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 27, 2018, 01:50:55 pm »

((So, I think I missed some stuff. Can anyone fill me in on why people are congregating in a bush, and what this assault team is?))
Bob stakes out, presumably watching a bunch of people going into a bush. Also keep monitoring the radio.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:53:43 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 27, 2018, 04:33:06 pm »

You listen to everything that anyone on the team says over the radio. Not sure what that is, honestly, some people seem to be communicating via psychic abilities or meta knowledge.
((I have a running action to act as a nexus to pass on messages to people even if their talkies are out of range, unless you're not ok with us doing it like that.))

"Maybe I'm crazy, but perhaps we should try to use a trick or something to try and get in before we storm the place and start-a-shooting? Just a thought."

Does this place do room service?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 228