Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467794 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #646 on: August 26, 2017, 02:17:31 pm »

Follow Joe (unless I don't like where he decides to go, in which case I'll change this). Keep a sharp lookout, I don't want to be the one to go loud first.

Try continuing to stealth way in, keep hands at the ready for unarmed combat. I do NOT want to use my flamethrower in these crowded conditions.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
You both advance up, right to the corner of the munitions building, very near Ed. You manage not to draw the attention of the two men standing by the fuel tanks. Luckily they seem to be busy fiddling with the valves of one of the tanks. From here you have a good view of all the AA guns and the men in them.

Simon crouches just behind the corner, rifle out and ready.  He turns back to Yarrick and quietly whispers to him.  "Okay, ready?  We go any moment now, soon as it goes boom."
Simon then returns to watching the corner, unmoving.  After a minute, he slowly turns back to Yarrick, a peeved look on his face.  "...You set the fuse for far longer than a couple minutes, didn't you?"  He sighs.  "Well, unless you have some clever idea for how we can take out or avoid the guards without a distraction, I guess we're sitting here and waiting for one.  Knowing the 888th, something's bound to explode, sooner rather than later."

Wait, and watch that corner.  Anyone comes around it, they get a rifle stock to the head, and then get dragged behind the wall.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
Follow Simons lead with waiting at the corner ready to beat anyone who comes around it

" I for one want to get the children out before we recall all the Germans who went to fight the fires"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The three men who had till now just been standing around outside move into the building and pile into one of the cars. One pulls a large radio transceiver from the back and sets it up in an empty seat. He's messing witht he dials as another starts the car. But he doesn't go anywhere yet; just sort of sits and waits on the guy with the radio.

Set one satchel charge for thirty seconds but do not activate it. When the screaming starts, wait for the guys in sight to go running by, count to ten and if no one else comes in sight, get down the ladder and into the munitions building.

If spotted, activate the charge, throw it as far across the munitions building as possible, preferably into a hard to reach location, and run south into the woods, fast as I can.

If not spotted, take stock of my situation. Are there enemies inside? Hide. No enemies? Close the door and lock it if I can.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You set the fuse on your satchel charge but leave it untriggered. You then wait to see what will happen. There's no screaming...you decide to head down anyways. You descend the ladder and sprint over to the plane muitions building. You get in without drawing the attention of anyone outside only to run straight into an unarmed crewman  who is looking through a shelf just inside the building.  You both sort of stare at each other for a moment. Then he half whispers a word you don't understand and makes a break for the door.

Please don't set off explosives with a flamethrower.

Anything larger than a fragmentation grenade or German HE stick grenade (Steilhandgrenate or some such) is going to kill you at the ranges an infantry flamethrower can fire. Heck, the frag might STILL kill you at that range, if you're unlucky and catch fragmentation from it.

Anyway, this whole sniper-cover-fire thing is not working so well. Should've gone with a medic. Or a radio. Ah well.

Continue searching for a good position, go in a large circle and try to find a vantage point that allows me to see more Germans, with more clarity.

I can tell you that aside from the occasional lucky sighting because of lights or reflections, you're never gonna have a very good line of sight unless you're literally sitting on top of a building. Its too dark and smokey.

Considering that this guy will alert everyone,fuck it i either fail and get shot or i kill him, Joe runs at his with a knife and stabs him, trying to put his hand over his mouth so he wont scream his lungs out

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
[6][4] Joe takes off, covering the distance between himself and the guard faster than the Nazi can raise his weapon. He tackles the man to the ground and stuffs his forearm against the man's face to muffle any screams. He lashes out twice with his knife, stabbing the man once in the ribs and again in the armpit. The man struggles for a few seconds before passing out.

The attack was successful, but tiring. [-1 physical]

Seeing the man who had noticed them, Bob was about to dart forward when someone in the dark dashed past him. Better, since Robert wasn't that great with hand to hand. Thus, he pulled back, trying to get out of the line of fire from the alert German, before aiming his BAR at the two men in the AA turret, ready to shoot if they seemed to notice the commotion.
Bob tries to get out of the submachingun's line of fire, and then aims at the guys in the AA turret. If they notice the commotion, he will open fire. 9 round spray preferably, but really whatever it takes.

You move back behind the building and point your weapon at the AA guns, but no screaming or alert comes. So you just sort of sit there, waiting.

((Seems like there is time for a reactionary action--that person is reaching for his weapon; react! And then make a more full action after such.
Does Toaster's explosive charges act like those satchel ones? [Manually activated/also can be timed] Because it'd be really helpful to plant some here AFTER we're done))

Seeing Zack get through, and no corresponding gunfire, Joan signaled the Go order via gestures, and let {Jack Worter/Toaster} guard or aid anyone outside.

Get inside, search, scan (like, check for traps and disarm or avoid), and ensure the safety of the folks (First aid the kids if there are any/if I find them, or order others to do so to add to their actions). Talk to them using Language skills, calm them down and mention we're taking them to safety.

To the group I'm with, establish a perimeter to secure the area
> Also Toaster either aids Joe/Alice, or keeps overwatch and aims down at those AA guns (and fires if its the last resort)

...ALSO Auto Ramses retroactively acting for a few turns with these objectives:
- Run a ways down south (south east of minimap); cause fire in that area (and take note of anything important)
- Stay away from sight or vision of Nazis
- Return to our general group area
- Search Barracks
(If that's possible, that is. I don't like inactives .-. moreso on the 'inactive' rather than people are being inactive)

"If worst comes to worst, take down the two in those AA guns; use them to cover our position. While they are loud, they are familiar--gunfire would be fully different.

Form a perimeter!"

Joan said quietly.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Gonna say no to remote controlling people halfway across the map. IN your group we could say that you're giving them orders, but at that distance you're basically just playing for him. However, I'm up for Spazyak taking control of him.
"Eep?"

Dive directly to the east into the dark building, and hide.

Jack, Robert M and Joe remain outside while Joan, Alice, Zack and Winston move inside the building.  The inside of the building is completely dark except for the light from outside. And since apparently no one has a flashlight in this stupid corps, all the group can do is stand and wait for their eyes to adjust. After a few minutes they can see enough to start exploring. They walk, half blind, through fuzzy gray lines of shelves and boxes, crates piled high in neat stacks. They find their way mostly via sound, using their sight only to avoid obstacles. When they find the children it becomes obvious why the sound is muffled. The children aren't sitting in some crate or cage, or chained to a wall. They're entombed in what could be mistaken for some sort of huge artillery shell. The capsules are about three feet wide and 6 long, cylindrical on their top and sides but with the rounded conical bottom that mimiced the shape of a bullet or shell. There are heavy duty clasps set flush into the shell. There is a small rectangular window, several inches thick, that glows with pale blue light and allows a view inside. When the group looks down into the shell, eyes peer back up at them.

((So is there still room to join?))

((There's pretty much always room in PW games of this format.  You may or may not get inserted into this mission, though.  Make a char and you'll see.))
Well, you can join in the next mission OR you can take control of Ramses because he'd been inactive for weeks.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 26, 2017, 02:31:51 pm »

Can't really say I'm surprised, I guess. I was worried that the smoke was going to make this hard. How long until daylight, and can I tell if daylight will help my issues?

Anyway, extraction is going to be a "BYOGOJFC", so I'll just have my character say "SCREW IT!" and move over towards the runway/hangars.

Shaking his head with disgust at the poor planning, Bob left the area and flanked towards the runway and the outermost hangar. If he couldn't cover the mission, he could at least prepare the retreat.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 26, 2017, 02:32:15 pm »

((What are his stats?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #649 on: August 26, 2017, 02:33:46 pm »

Wasn't expecting that whole "stab the guy" plan to work out. Okay then. Move back out and help Joe drag that body into the building. Probably too conspicuous to leave a corpse laying in the middle of the base. Preferably drag the body into the hanger, provided it looks empty.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:34:27 pm by Egan_BW »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 26, 2017, 04:17:14 pm »

Try to do the same luring tactic, heading back outside before whistling. Hopefully only ONE of them will come after me. Try and get Smith to follow my lead, unless he's got other plans.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 26, 2017, 06:32:43 pm »

Spoiler: @Spazyak (click to show/hide)

Keep waiting, and listen for them saying anything.  Simon might not have any languages skill, but he could still roll a 5.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 26, 2017, 06:48:17 pm »

((Shit! I hope that runner doesn't alert anyone, particularly since I don't know about him IC (I couldn't do much of anything about him anyway, but still).))

Stick close to Joe, but get ready to plug the guys by the fuel tanks with my pistol if they notice us.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 26, 2017, 07:59:09 pm »

Quote from: @Ozarck
You get in without drawing the attention of anyone outside only to run straight into an unarmed crewman  who is looking through a shelf just inside the building.  You both sort of stare at each other for a moment. Then he half whispers a word you don't understand and makes a break for the door.
I guess black uniforms aren't the local fashion? :P

And since apparently no one has a flashlight in this stupid corps, all the group can do is stand and wait for their eyes to adjust.
HUM :I

Any ideas for a kit to be requisitioned that would deal with these utilitarian issues, piecewise?

Gonna make a post next so as not to clutter.

((What are his stats?))
So piecewise doesn't need to answer: Here's Ramses' sheet!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:10:20 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 26, 2017, 08:18:24 pm »

If I have a mask to easily put back, remove it and speak to the children. Otherwise, speak to the children trying a mix of local languages both my Knowledge/Language skills can handle; if they're bothered, calm them down. After introductions or telling my intent, ask them what's going on and why they're in there--also how they were put in there, if they're all okay, and if they know anything regarding their current situation/situation of those like them, or where or if there are others. (also asking why the blue glow)

Also check for traps.
And try to find out how best to get them out using what I can find in the environment.

((Revealing my face so that they're pretty much sure that these are different people.))

"Found them!" Joan said in obvious English, "Problem is they're inside containers taller than myself. Any ideas how to get them out? We need a strong person here. Zack, Jack- erm, Worter, Krokowicz, you two find out what else is in this supply that we can help ourselves with--utilitarian supplies, as well as extra rations for travel. Munitions and otherwise, we're going to blow this up later when we're clear. Worter, set an explosive when we're done. Krokowicz, check the other crates for their contents. Otherwise, you two help me with this 'artillery container' if I determine this isn't trapped for some reason.

"Also, anyone, call the Engineer--ensure he's safe. We'd need him for this."

"We're not like them," Joan said in her best detail of the captors she had passed earlier, trying numerous languages she knew. "We're going to bring you to safety. We are here to help."

Get some orders out--anyone with strength or dexterity bonuses? Please help out--if Toaster's character is busy, get him helping out as best as he can--also to plant an explosive charge in a location in the building that can be set off remotely, later on, when we get the children free. Otherwise, both Zack Krokowicz, and Jack Worter will examine the area's supplies and otherwise, either loading us all up with munitions or extra weaponry--including rations, flashlights, flares, and other utilitarian devices we can use, especially for signaling.

If I determine that the artillery container isn't trapped or connected to some kind of alarm (which I should defuse or cause not to trigger using Traps skill), get help from those two to get the children out and safe.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:42:10 am by Tiruin »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 26, 2017, 08:20:02 pm »

Doing this I suppose If I am joining..
Spoiler: @Spazyak (click to show/hide)

[
Thank you, and I think burninating the foe shall due just fine. Wonder what roasted nazi tastes like..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:14:41 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 27, 2017, 02:36:39 am »

((good news is I am between him and the door. bad news is he can still yell. good news is I have a knife and he appears unarmed. bad news is someone else just pulled a spectacular feat of silencing a potential alarm - with better stats for it. Good news is I've survived: a) an exploding plane b) being stranded on the roof of the hangar in enemy territory, c) the unrealizd threat of fuel tank explosion, and d) a mad dash into the munitions building from the roof of the hangar. Apparently, Edward is not so boring after all.))

Unarmed, you say? Draw my knife, block the door, and body check the dude while trying to stab him in the lungs.
If I manage to incapacitate him, kill him and take stock of the munitions building. If he gets by, or manages to yell loud enough to alert reinformcements, arm the satchel charge, toss it into a hidden or hard to reach spot (preferably near some other explosives), and gtfo (south into the woods, then circle eastward).
If he manages to put up a fight and is in danger of overpowering me, attempt to disengage, arm the charge, and toss it across the room.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 27, 2017, 07:32:16 am »

Drag the dead nazi into the building and search him

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:22:46 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 27, 2017, 05:43:25 pm »

Continue watching the area while the others take the body inside, keeping an eye on the two men in the AA battery, but not neglecting anyone who might approach on the ground.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 28, 2017, 03:25:58 am »

Search for instruments which can help with cutting the metal of those capsules.
Also, search for grenades and other explosive stuff.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:58:20 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 228