Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467682 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #660 on: August 28, 2017, 04:19:42 am »

((I'm awaits your orders, Tiruin/Joan!))
((Don't stand still D: My orders are along the theme of 'Find a way to get them free, and organize them so that we've got them safe.', and you are also free to check around for things or feel free to be creative that goes in line with our objectives [like if you feel this is a free turn and action without tension, go and secure something that makes us not tense later :P because we need an exit strategy, especially with kids] I am NOT going to see this mission with any child dying not just because its player-unfriendly, so you could also check around for some weapons to scavenge or other things to note--like, we might be staying in an EXPLOSIVES depot for all you know. They've got to resupply those planes and tanks with more than just fuel. :P))

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 28, 2017, 05:08:13 am »

((Okay, I'll try to find something that can cut a good-sized hole in the capsules.))

((IMPORTANT NOTE! EVERYONE, INCLUDING GM, SHOULD READ IT: I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment, and I'll lose my contract with my ISP on 1st of September, which means I'll be unable to post until I finally move in. My character, Zack Krokowicz, should be controlled by Tiruin until the process of moving to the new place is over and I'll get a new Internet. I hope that the process wouldn't take too long. Peace to you all.))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #662 on: August 28, 2017, 08:48:35 am »

Oh, and I forgot

20 GLORY to Joe P

5 GLORY to everyone in the group that found the kids

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #663 on: August 28, 2017, 02:27:59 pm »

You guys think you can handle updates 3 times a week?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 28, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »

That includes Alice, yes? I wasn't intending to search the building, just take cover there in case the dude about to shoot me didn't get stabbed, but you put me in that group.

You guys think you can handle updates 3 times a week?
Hell yes.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 28, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »

Yes to 3 updates per week, for sure.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 28, 2017, 02:38:08 pm »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 28, 2017, 05:05:23 pm »

Sure.

I think my players would have a stroke if I got back to a three a week schedule.
A single collective stroke.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 28, 2017, 09:41:26 pm »

Oh, and I forgot

20 GLORY to Joe P

Yay. Finally. Glory! \o/ :P

Yes to 3 updates per week, for sure.
Indeed.

I've edited orders to Zack, including him with Toaster in my post.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 29, 2017, 03:40:13 am »

Ready my knife and pistol stay in the shadows and line up a shot on the guy ready to shoot him if he or anyone else sees us

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 29, 2017, 06:44:08 am »

Are you running three characters at the moment Tiruin?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #671 on: August 29, 2017, 10:30:01 am »

First, look around the shell for traps or something - you never know with Nazis. If it's clean, try to open it. If that fails, try to find something to pry it open with.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 29, 2017, 11:01:35 am »

Are you running three characters at the moment Tiruin?
I've been given an OKAY to give orders to them while gone--any of you could, too. :) Just as long as you keep them safe, since it's reasonable that they're following orders to act.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #673 on: August 30, 2017, 06:47:08 pm »

Can't really say I'm surprised, I guess. I was worried that the smoke was going to make this hard. How long until daylight, and can I tell if daylight will help my issues?

Anyway, extraction is going to be a "BYOGOJFC", so I'll just have my character say "SCREW IT!" and move over towards the runway/hangars.

Shaking his head with disgust at the poor planning, Bob left the area and flanked towards the runway and the outermost hangar. If he couldn't cover the mission, he could at least prepare the retreat.

I'm gonna put you over behind the building that Joan's turn is currently in, since thats a good straight run from your current location. It will at least place you on the map so you can go from there.

Wasn't expecting that whole "stab the guy" plan to work out. Okay then. Move back out and help Joe drag that body into the building. Probably too conspicuous to leave a corpse laying in the middle of the base. Preferably drag the body into the hanger, provided it looks empty.

Drag the dead nazi into the building and search him

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
Alice and Joe drag the Nazi over into the supply building. They leave a rather telltale blood smear behind but...well its better than a body just sitting around in the open. At least this way someone will need to look at the ground to see the evidence.  Joe searches the body and turns up a knife (risk 2) and the submachine gun seen earlier. Besides this he has his uniform, a small notebook, a pencil, 2 magazines for the gun, a rolled up girly magazine stuffed into one boot, and a candy bar.

((Shit! I hope that runner doesn't alert anyone, particularly since I don't know about him IC (I couldn't do much of anything about him anyway, but still).))

Stick close to Joe, but get ready to plug the guys by the fuel tanks with my pistol if they notice us.

Try to do the same luring tactic, heading back outside before whistling. Hopefully only ONE of them will come after me. Try and get Smith to follow my lead, unless he's got other plans.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
[2] Joe and Smith back up a bit and Joe whistles at the two men near the fuel tanks. For better or worse, they seem so busy with the tank that they don't even notice his whistle.

Spoiler: @Spazyak (click to show/hide)

Keep waiting, and listen for them saying anything.  Simon might not have any languages skill, but he could still roll a 5.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
Ready my knife and pistol stay in the shadows and line up a shot on the guy ready to shoot him if he or anyone else sees us

After a few moments of fiddling they get the radio working and you listen intently to their converstation. [4] You don't get it all, but you can pick out bits through the few words you remember and the context of the words around them.  From what you can understand, they seem to be getting orders and info from someone...in a tower? Maybe the control tower. They're saying something about going north, helping with dirt or something like that.

As soon as they get these orders the driver turns round and pulls the car out onto the tarmac before speeding off into the dark.

If I have a mask to easily put back, remove it and speak to the children. Otherwise, speak to the children trying a mix of local languages both my Knowledge/Language skills can handle; if they're bothered, calm them down. After introductions or telling my intent, ask them what's going on and why they're in there--also how they were put in there, if they're all okay, and if they know anything regarding their current situation/situation of those like them, or where or if there are others. (also asking why the blue glow)

Also check for traps.
And try to find out how best to get them out using what I can find in the environment.

((Revealing my face so that they're pretty much sure that these are different people.))

"Found them!" Joan said in obvious English, "Problem is they're inside containers taller than myself. Any ideas how to get them out? We need a strong person here. Zack, Jack- erm, Worter, Krokowicz, you two find out what else is in this supply that we can help ourselves with--utilitarian supplies, as well as extra rations for travel. Munitions and otherwise, we're going to blow this up later when we're clear. Worter, set an explosive when we're done. Krokowicz, check the other crates for their contents. Otherwise, you two help me with this 'artillery container' if I determine this isn't trapped for some reason.

"Also, anyone, call the Engineer--ensure he's safe. We'd need him for this."

"We're not like them," Joan said in her best detail of the captors she had passed earlier, trying numerous languages she knew. "We're going to bring you to safety. We are here to help."

Get some orders out--anyone with strength or dexterity bonuses? Please help out--if Toaster's character is busy, get him helping out as best as he can--also to plant an explosive charge in a location in the building that can be set off remotely, later on, when we get the children free. Otherwise, both Zack Krokowicz, and Jack Worter will examine the area's supplies and otherwise, either loading us all up with munitions or extra weaponry--including rations, flashlights, flares, and other utilitarian devices we can use, especially for signaling.

If I determine that the artillery container isn't trapped or connected to some kind of alarm (which I should defuse or cause not to trigger using Traps skill), get help from those two to get the children out and safe.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
+
Search for instruments which can help with cutting the metal of those capsules.
Also, search for grenades and other explosive stuff.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
First, look around the shell for traps or something - you never know with Nazis. If it's clean, try to open it. If that fails, try to find something to pry it open with.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
You have no mask, so you simply begin speaking in as many languages as you know of, searching for the right one. [6] You find the right one but you think you may have confused them with all your rapid questions and declarations. They seem to try and speak to you but their voices are too muffled by the shells to be comprehensible.

You check the things for traps but if there are any, they're internal and not visible. You do find what looks like an airvent near the back that is sucking in air at a constant, slow rate.

The best way to remove the child seems to simply be releasing the clasps on the shell that are holding it shut. They're not locked, simply large and heavy duty.

Well, this building seems more dedicated to parts and pieces rather than guns and bombs but you manage to find lots of flashlights, flares, rope, chain, tape, and other useful items. However, for the command of "Remotely operated bombs" I'm afraid we cannot comply. As stated, these bombs have time fuses. Remote activated bombs are but a distant dream for the future.

You get your fingers under the clasps on the first shell near you and pry them open. They open slowly, smoothly, and very heavily, sliding up and out of the way with a soft sshhhhhhht. You get help and lift the lid off the shell, setting it to the side before returning to the child. The interior of the shell is filled with some sort bright bluish stuff that looks like a thick gel but is hard to the touch. There are small lights in the gel that glow a faint blue and back light the child as well as the things around him. The child is strapped into the shell at his waist, ankles, wrists and throat with black leather straps that are affixed to the inner walls of the shell. He looks like he is floating on that gel, with the straps around him, preventing him from bobbing too far up. Floating next to him are cylindrical steel containers, 6 of them lined up next to him three on a side. The cylinders are quite heavy looking, very solid, with a strange symbol embossed on their tops and german words around the top edge. They look like their tops could be unscrewed.  In the middle of each cylinder is a hole and from that hole stretches two tubes, or rather a single tube with a plastic divider that runs through the center so that it functions as two. This double tube runs from the container up to the child's bare chest and in through a stitched closed incision just under his sternum. Blood is pumping through all these tubes.

((good news is I am between him and the door. bad news is he can still yell. good news is I have a knife and he appears unarmed. bad news is someone else just pulled a spectacular feat of silencing a potential alarm - with better stats for it. Good news is I've survived: a) an exploding plane b) being stranded on the roof of the hangar in enemy territory, c) the unrealizd threat of fuel tank explosion, and d) a mad dash into the munitions building from the roof of the hangar. Apparently, Edward is not so boring after all.))

Unarmed, you say? Draw my knife, block the door, and body check the dude while trying to stab him in the lungs.
If I manage to incapacitate him, kill him and take stock of the munitions building. If he gets by, or manages to yell loud enough to alert reinformcements, arm the satchel charge, toss it into a hidden or hard to reach spot (preferably near some other explosives), and gtfo (south into the woods, then circle eastward).
If he manages to put up a fight and is in danger of overpowering me, attempt to disengage, arm the charge, and toss it across the room.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
[6] You charge the man and tackle him to the ground, holding his mouth shut. The two of you tumble and roll about, wrestling and struggling. You bang into a shelf and use the brief moment that he's stunned to lash out with your knife. You get him twice in the chest before the shelf falls straight down on both of you with a massive clang and crash. [-2 physical] You're not seriously injured, but you're pretty bruised and sore, not to mention pinned beneath the shelf.

TIMER: 50

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 30, 2017, 07:18:22 pm »

"Ah, dibs?"

Nab that girly mag that Joe found. Then, finally, sneak into the hanger? Peek out of the door first to make sure nobody is looking.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 228