Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467753 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #615 on: August 17, 2017, 08:15:48 am »

A) I jump off an airplane hanger I 1) die, or 2) break both legs.

B) anti-aircraft installations don't really work that way.

C) you are literally right across fro the NE corner of the hangar. all yu gotta do is look west.

D) try and find a way down that isn't in sight? TF you think I been doing the last five rounds?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 17, 2017, 08:28:01 am »

[...]
C) you are literally right across fro the NE corner of the hangar. all yu gotta do is look west.
[...]
If we didn't see you officially, I'm marking it IC that we're seeing you officially. :P

While looking around for possible items that may give away their attention, Joan was struck by the odd curve of the edge of a hangar and spotted the best appropriate thing they needed: A person!

And it was the best person for the job at hand. Their only Engineer! At first she wondered if it was an enemy sniper, but that would be amiss on a hangar roof, and all curled up trying to be innocuous.

She jiggled the radio on her backpack and tried to flash him a signal inconspicuously, from the angle where she was standing. As her hands were busy, and everyone else was busy being vigilant for anyone sighting them, she was pretty sure he could see them back, as it seemed nobody else was seeing him in the darkness of the night. Where everything else were silhouettes only lit by the distant fires, she wondered where the base staff kept their flashlights and other utility devices.

This would have been a perfect time to have that Engineer's bag in play.

D) try and find a way down that isn't in sight? TF you think I been doing the last five rounds?
((Well which area isn't that well lit, that you can safely drop down and scamper off? You've two satchel charges you can prime and time, or even throw [I've no idea how this is done :v] or create a distraction.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 17, 2017, 08:30:29 am »

Uh, Ozarck, it depends on the gun and the mounting, but for the love of high explosives AAA can be used as anti-infantry emplacements.

Ever heard of the Flak-88? Yeah, it's called "Flak" for a reason. That thing's mounting was capable of de-elevating, and it ripped tanks to bits. If we could operate one of those, and some of the autocannon/machinegun-type AAA, we'd be set for "Complete destruction". Of course, it'd be "Complete obvious destruction" as well, and we'd need to get any kids and intel out first. So, please, oh please, oh please, do NOT grab AAA guns for use right now, do NOT get spotted, and do NOT start blowing things up.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 17, 2017, 08:51:11 am »

Alice looks out at the base through the binos, scanning what she can see of the place. There are more lights starting to come on now, search lights and ground lights, and she can see the large numbers of soldiers scurrying out towards the fires in the west. She can also see two important things: First she can see what she's pretty sure is the Airstrip's hanger, off to the south side of the base. And second, atop that hanger, she can see one of her teammates. She can't tell who it is, because of the way they are laying and the great distance between them, but that black uniform is unmistakable.  She judges that, by the size of the hanger, there might be a plane in there that can handle everyone...or at least most of the team. They might need to break into two groups. Assuming, of course, there is a plane of the right size in there; a big hanger need not mean big planes inside it.

Joan sweeps the area around the base with her rifle scope, as quick and as careful as she can. She sights Joe and Charlie, and Ed,
Alice and Joan officially noticed Ed two turns ago. Joan noticed him by name, while Alice was uncertain which of her teammates was on the roof.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 17, 2017, 10:27:20 am »

((Uh, do you guys realize that I have engineering skill and engineer tools? I based my equipment on the engineer class, minus explosives. I'll edit my action.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 17, 2017, 10:12:27 pm »

((Uh, do you guys realize that I have engineering skill and engineer tools? I based my equipment on the engineer class, minus explosives. I'll edit my action.))
((I do. OoC. But IC, how would I know any of that?! You also actioned to run off so I thought you had a better plan in mind anyway. :P YAY for better lockpickers))

Joan sweeps the area around the base with her rifle scope, as quick and as careful as she can. She sights Joe and Charlie, and Ed,
Alice and Joan officially noticed Ed two turns ago. Joan noticed him by name, while Alice was uncertain which of her teammates was on the roof.
((at least my IC posts arent awkward then.
Good thing to know too--I can more say that I "could be sure" but not really)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:15:13 pm by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #621 on: August 19, 2017, 10:40:38 am »

Keep aiming at the soldiers. Don't fire unless I have to or things get loud anyway.

You keep your gun trained on them; specifically on the one to the left. Mentally, you prepare yourself, going through the situations that could happen in your head. You hope you don't have to shoot...three soldiers isn't bad but there are a lot more in there. You see Joe start to back up in step with the soldiers. Considering that not following his lead would result in you being found, you too start backing up. Camo [4]

Back away from the searching soldiers at the same pace they're going, then once they're far enough away from the base, circle around them and sneak inside.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
[Camo: 5]
Both you and Smith slowly back up, darting back out of range of the searching flashlights whenever there's a moment of darkness to do so. You carefully pull back and circle around to the west, escaping your persuers and moving back towards the base.

+10 GLORY to both Smith and Joe Nix for remaining undetected.

Can i see the doors to the munitions buildings? Either look unlocked/open? I expect not, since, you know, ... munitions.
is the ladder to the hangar roof on the east side of the SE corner, or on the south side?
Stay low and hidden. Await further developments.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: memorized (click to show/hide)

You can see the doors, they're actually facing you directly, and they are open, just a bit. It looks like, judging by the abandoned loading cart next to the doors, that they were loading muitions onto a plane when the bombing run started and just ran off to attend to more important matters.

The ladder down is on the south side.

You wait and stay low, watching the AA guns to your left spin and search the sky.

As milo said---we don't have remote-detonation devices. We need to coordinate before we blow things up.

I didn't realize that watching these people would be this hard....
If I can identify enemies from this distance, then stay put. If not, move up to where I can. Quiet-like.
You move down the hill and take up position in a tree nearer to the base. From here you can, just barely, see targets so long as they have their flashlights on. You can make out three of them to the south of the base right now.

Climb the tanks and plant an satchel charge on top where no one will see it. Then follow Simon.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

With the satchel charge set the longest timer I can

(max of three hours)

((Coordinating before we blow the bomb is highly impractical, considering how horribly disorganized we are.  Blowing it up now will act as a nice signal that everyone's sure to see, not to mention be a great distraction.  Waiting only risks spoiling the effect, especially if we wait for everyone to get together.))

"Good thinking, Yarrick.  I suggest using about two minutes of fuse, gives us just enough time to get away.  We'll steal a car after, move across the base, opposite of where they think the attack's coming from."

Cover Yarrick while he places the satchel charge, shooting anyone who spots him or fires at him.  Once he's down, lead him back to the southwest corner of the motor pool--we'll wait for the boom, then steal a vehicle.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
Yarrick, for whatever reason, decides that he needs to climb the fuel tank in order to plant a bomb on it. However, he quickly realizes the bombs are not sticky or anything, they're just high explosive in a sack with a timed fuse. So instead of climbing, he simply sets the fuse for the longest time possible, 1 hour, and then wedges it under the tank in a position that is both hard to see and hard to get to.

That done, they both move back to the edge of the motor pool. There are several men standing around outside it now.

Go Southwest into the hangar, after making sure the soldier to the south isn't looking my way. Get Joan to tell me the frequency for her radio, so I can call it once I hijack a plane.

Use tools to break the lock on the door. Don't follow everyone else in; I'm headed to the hanger. And get Joan's radio frequency.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[6]
Alice walks around to the front of the building and over to the small door. She digs through her tools until she finds a pipe cutter. Its not really made for this sort of thing but its worth a shot. She sets about running the cutting wheel over the bolt over and over again, scoring the metal. After a few minutes of this, she manages to cut a deep enough grove that, with a good hard pull, she's able to yank the lock right off. Doing so, however, makes a loud clanging noise as the door slams against the door frame and the cut piece of lock bounces away across the concrete.

"We need someone to watch the doors. Also those AA guns, those could work as gun emplacements."
Quote from: People with me in searching the building; I'm going to try to pick the lock (Knowledge roll, most likely)
> Joe Polnik [Papaj] (Shotgun)
> Winston Atzili [Twinwolf] (Anti-armor Rifle/M1 Garan)
> Me (Sniper Rifle)
> Robert McKinley/"Bob" [Strider03] (BAR/MachineGun and Pistol // MP 34, German SMG) [He is Robert M on the map. Bob is someone else, providing overwatch]
==+==
People not yet posted:
> Toaster [Jack Worter; Thompson SMG]
> CrocandBearLover (Zack Krokowicz; Shotgun)
"If this is taking too long, use your pistol on the lock, Bob."

Knowledge roll; lockpick that padlock. Then we're searching in that store house. (Fluff stuff, like my hairpins, or finding a hammer, or otherwise that helps open that lock safely)

If the folks who haven't posted yet, haven't posted. take these fellows with me:
> Twinwolf, Papaj, Strider03, CrocandBearLover.

> Toaster,  keeps watch.
> BEFORE ALICE GOES TO THE HANGAR, give her a weapon (like, ask Strider03/Robert M to give her a weapon, preferably the Pistol)

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
The lock is open, but that noise has attracted the attention of the single man who was walking away from the building. The two men in the AA guns seem distracted still; no one but that one single soldier there seems to have noticed the noise. He's turning around, squinting into the hazy dark. Your uniforms are black, hard to see, but he'll notice Alice against the metal wall.

"Not going to be taking one of the guns? I guess for now cover's important. I agree, let's try to break into the barracks for uniforms. Base seems to be in chaos right now, so we might not need to act like these guys as much. Only problem is if one of our friends shoots us. Bob assumed a thoughtful position. "We could probably take the barracks anyway, take out anyone inside if there is anyone, even if we don't disguise ourselves?"

Bob simply follows Joan's lead for now, keeping as sharp an eye out as possible in the smoke.

Also following Joan.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Bob will hand over his pistol and ammo to Alice for the time being.

(you successfully handed the pistol off before this all happened)

When the padlock is lockpicked successfully, enter the store house and cover the door.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Most everyone in Joan's group just hangs back with her, but Zack shoves his way forward and shoulders past Alice and into the supply building. Its pitch black inside, no light getting in except the exceptionally weak light from outside. All he can see is the dim shapes of a line of shelves against the left wall. But he can hear something. Quiet, muffled, stifled noises. The noises of children with gags in their mouths. And its coming from somewhere in here.

The Soldier near the supply building suddenly recognizes what he's looking at. His eyes go wide in the dark and he reaches for the submachine gun hanging from a strap on his shoulder.

FUSE: 0:57

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 19, 2017, 10:50:25 am »

Follow Joe (unless I don't like where he decides to go, in which case I'll change this). Keep a sharp lookout, I don't want to be the one to go loud first.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 19, 2017, 11:33:13 am »

Simon crouches just behind the corner, rifle out and ready.  He turns back to Yarrick and quietly whispers to him.  "Okay, ready?  We go any moment now, soon as it goes boom."
Simon then returns to watching the corner, unmoving.  After a minute, he slowly turns back to Yarrick, a peeved look on his face.  "...You set the fuse for far longer than a couple minutes, didn't you?"  He sighs.  "Well, unless you have some clever idea for how we can take out or avoid the guards without a distraction, I guess we're sitting here and waiting for one.  Knowing the 888th, something's bound to explode, sooner rather than later."

Wait, and watch that corner.  Anyone comes around it, they get a rifle stock to the head, and then get dragged behind the wall.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 19, 2017, 11:46:11 am »

Considering that this guy will alert everyone,fuck it i either fail and get shot or i kill him, Joe runs at his with a knife and stabs him, trying to put his hand over his mouth so he wont scream his lungs out

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 19, 2017, 04:33:33 pm »

((Oh Jeez. My window of opportunity is mere seconds. Less, even. Teh sole soldier between the hangar and supply building is about to cause a commotion, and draw lots of attention.
Sadly, before he does so would be my best opportunity to drop to the ground and cross to the munitions building. Problem is, if I go now, I'll be on the ladder when the two guys north of the fuel station turn to see what the fuss is about. And they won't see the fuss, but they'll either see me, or be heading right toward me in order to get to the fuss. The three guys looking for Nix and Smith will probably come running too. Maybe after they all head toward the supply building would be the best time to get down. Unfortunately, it looks like Objectives 1 and 2 are in serious risk right now. Too bad everyone didn't wait juuuuuuust a turn or two longer - we might have had a clearer route. Ah well, hindsight and all.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 19, 2017, 06:59:25 pm »

Try continuing to stealth way in, keep hands at the ready for unarmed combat. I do NOT want to use my flamethrower in these crowded conditions.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 19, 2017, 07:49:14 pm »

Follow Simons lead with waiting at the corner ready to beat anyone who comes around it

" I for one want to get the children out before we recall all the Germans who went to fight the fires"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 19, 2017, 08:39:28 pm »

Seeing the man who had noticed them, Bob was about to dart forward when someone in the dark dashed past him. Better, since Robert wasn't that great with hand to hand. Thus, he pulled back, trying to get out of the line of fire from the alert German, before aiming his BAR at the two men in the AA turret, ready to shoot if they seemed to notice the commotion.
Bob tries to get out of the submachingun's line of fire, and then aims at the guys in the AA turret. If they notice the commotion, he will open fire. 9 round spray preferably, but really whatever it takes.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 19, 2017, 08:48:47 pm »

((Seems like there is time for a reactionary action--that person is reaching for his weapon; react! And then make a more full action after such.
Does Toaster's explosive charges act like those satchel ones? [Manually activated/also can be timed] Because it'd be really helpful to plant some here AFTER we're done))

Seeing Zack get through, and no corresponding gunfire, Joan signaled the Go order via gestures, and let {Jack Worter/Toaster} guard or aid anyone outside.

Get inside, search, scan (like, check for traps and disarm or avoid), and ensure the safety of the folks (First aid the kids if there are any/if I find them, or order others to do so to add to their actions). Talk to them using Language skills, calm them down and mention we're taking them to safety.

To the group I'm with, establish a perimeter to secure the area
> Also Toaster either aids Joe/Alice, or keeps overwatch and aims down at those AA guns (and fires if its the last resort)

...ALSO Auto Ramses retroactively acting for a few turns with these objectives:
- Run a ways down south (south east of minimap); cause fire in that area (and take note of anything important)
- Stay away from sight or vision of Nazis
- Return to our general group area
- Search Barracks
(If that's possible, that is. I don't like inactives .-. moreso on the 'inactive' rather than people are being inactive)

"If worst comes to worst, take down the two in those AA guns; use them to cover our position. While they are loud, they are familiar--gunfire would be fully different.

Form a perimeter!"

Joan said quietly.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:56:43 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 228