Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25112 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree.
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 02:25:54 am »

Edited in my sheet, let me know if it's alright. It's a bit different.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 03:04:49 am »

You could try a preservation skill derived from a cold-storage theme. Or maybe slow, utilitarian ice-sculpture workers? Or a slow-metabolism/patience theme? Or maybe concealment ala fade-to-white that is less effective if you actually move but can help reduce the severity of encounters, it could be part of a whole accumulation skillset...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 03:08:54 am »

Did someone make a frost-themed character? Isn't that as bad in theory as a fire one? Frost is Winter.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2017, 03:14:14 am »

We are a tree, we can survive frosting where mere herbs would be felled. Still smarts though...

Well I found a fictional willow, but it sounds overpowered. Like, we would just look on and try to avoid the gore...
Old Man Willow from The Lord of the Rings.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 03:21:37 am by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2017, 04:20:13 am »

Yeah my dryad's whole thing is that he represents the aspects of the tree during autumn and winter. That basically his job is to prepare the tree for winter during through autumn changes and during the icy winter. Winter is a harsh reality that trees have to deal with, that's my department.

Still can't think of a good out of combat ability though.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 05:59:31 am »

How about Height? Being meant for the colder two seasons, you can make things rise...and Fall. Also, probably setting things at a certain height off the ground, and making things taller or shorter. If short small spikes were embedded in the ground by another Dryad, you could make them taller to impale an enemy.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2017, 06:31:39 am »

Name: Tesipha Oakheart
Appearance: A beautiful woman standing at 2 metres tall who has four arms. She has light green skin, toned muscles, lightly glowing green eyes, and long brown hair.
Skillset (Combat): Oak
Skillset (Non Combat): Crafting
Skillset (Nature): Life
Skillset (Locked): PM'd
Abilities:
Warform: Channel the power of oak, gaining greatly increased strength and a protective layer of incredibly tough bark covering the entire body. The magical nature of the armour protects against the magical as well as the mundane.
Item Growth: Encourage a tree to grow in a very specific and deliberate way so that it grows a useful item, which will fall off the tree when done. The item can be anything from a simple club to a chair. The items can be imbued with special properties, such as swords with the strength and sharpness of steel, or shields with resistance to fire. Growing such items takes longer than growing items of mundane wood.
Lifeblood: Greatly increase the speed at which wounds heal, to the point where this ability is useful in combat.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:49:30 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2017, 04:01:30 pm »

Your Regeneration ability as it is seems like a bit too much for one ability. I'm also trying to cut down on passive effects to decrease update delay.

I probably should close applications or whatever. I think I have entirely too many applications here. I did not expect this many applications.

Deadline for applications is EXACTLY 24 hours after the posting time of this post. You can still make an application after that deadline, but if you do then you will be stuck on my waiting list no matter how good the application is.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 04:15:56 pm »

I can live with being forcefully evicted from the collective if you have too many. I expect that most other people would understand too if you just take a weed-whacker to the dryad community and toss the scraps to a bonfire. Or a waitlist? And there is nothing stopping your from lying, so if you say that you chose them randomly, but just picked your favourites, dumped your pet-peeves, and randomed the remainder, then nobody will know the difference...
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 04:18:03 pm »

Your Regeneration ability as it is seems like a bit too much for one ability. I'm also trying to cut down on passive effects to decrease update delay.
The regen is just something like +1 HP per combat round. Not anything major, just not useless when it comes to a fight.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 04:29:53 pm »

I never claimed it would be random. Right now there are two major factors that will determine who gets to play right away.

First of all, I offered priority seating to the players who got stuck on my Gridland Survival waitlist and never got to play. Looks like only one person from that is interested in this game. That is the only guaranteed application at this point.

And secondly, if there is a problem if your application or if you didn't actually make it after having ample time to get it done, then you get to wait.

So yeah. After I have it all figured out, I'll make up reasons for my decisions.  ;)

Worst case scenario, you'll get priority seating in my next game. It'll probably feature unicorns or something.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:36:26 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2017, 04:41:15 pm »

So Supernerd? Is my clarification about what my regen does ok?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2017, 05:02:24 pm »

Also Supernerd, is my theme ok?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2017, 05:06:25 pm »

How do you feel about my locked skillset?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2017, 05:21:19 pm »

I never intended to imply that you would lie, I just felt that it would be a convenient way to avoid having to justify yourself and wanted to share it. My apologies, I do now see that is could be legitimately taken that way.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27