Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25116 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree.
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »

Name: Kashika
Appearance: Ebony woman with vines of purple growing out of her.
Skillset (Combat): Jungle Wrestling
Skillset (Non Combat): Pheromone Manipulation
Skillset (Nature): Evolution
Skillset (Locked):
Abilities:
Entanglement: Vines rapidly grow out of Kashika and start to strangle the enemy.

Vinal Evolution: Special vines grow out of Kashika and attach themselves to animals for a short time. They undergo a random evolution.

Scent of Obedience: By calling to the tree, it will burst out pheromones so animals in the area begin to care for the tree and aid it in numerous possible ways.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:41:02 pm by Detoxicated »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2017, 06:29:05 pm »

I still think Regen is a bit iffy. It doesn't seem too imbalanced, but it would require a bit of work to apply it to all friendly life each turn.

As for talent categories, "(haven't been able to think of something good for this)" isn't quite going to cut it. As for the locked one, that is a discussion for a pm.

For Kashika, I am not so sure about Scent of Obedience as a non-combat skill. Especially since the skill description actually includes the word "Violently"

I also noticed that there are some overlapping skillsets. When I see these, I'm going to be biased towards the first player who selected the skillset.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2017, 06:41:14 pm »

I edited it.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2017, 06:46:28 pm »

Also edited mine.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2017, 07:09:25 pm »

Well the only cold-related skillset I have left is Ice-mirror no-jutsu... Or perhaps power over the brisk feeling you get upon jumping out of the sauna and into the ice-lake?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2017, 03:57:26 pm »

I still think Regen is a bit iffy. It doesn't seem too imbalanced, but it would require a bit of work to apply it to all friendly life each turn.
Can I nix the 'all friendly life' thing?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2017, 04:11:13 pm »

Yes. That is a thing you can do. Still a bit under 2 hours left until the deadline.
Edit: You have not yet submitted your locked skill. An incomplete application will pretty much ensure you are on the waitlist.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 05:10:16 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 06:21:30 pm »

Deadline for applications is a couple of minutes ago! You can still polish up your application for a chance to join later in the game though. Now behold my totally not random at all picks for who gets to play on turn 1!

First turn begins... Probably tomorrow.

Spoiler: Player 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player 6 (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 06:27:20 pm »

Ah well, didn't make the cut.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 07:08:29 pm »

Just curious, in your words, what did Oakheart have that I didn't?

Also, good idea with hiding the accepted chars behind spoilers. Spoiler #6 was sorta cruel, though.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2017, 07:42:42 pm »

When I got to around the fourth and fifth player spot I was mostly just picking whatever character sheets popped out at me. "Anime Catgirl Dryad" was only my sixth choice apparently.

Its not really a matter of what people do and do not have. Actually, that is a downright lie, it totally is, she didn't submit a locked skill in time and therefore lost the spot.

As for Spoiler 6... Well, maybe it was a bit much. There will definitely be opportunities for other players to get in later though.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2017, 07:57:06 pm »

Grats to everyone who got in. If this is anything like Gridlqnd Survival, it's bound to be a wild and bumpy ride.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »

Just so long as we can throw human hearts from the side-lines to express our lack of respect. I would throw rotten tomatoes, but that might mentally scar the shrubberies...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2017, 08:15:48 pm »

Oh, absolutely feel free to jeer at the players from the sidelines. Especially if when they do something stupid. Might be hard for you to collect human hearts though. Might have to settle for like... Rabbit hearts. Or Possum hearts. Or umm... Nutria hearts?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2017, 08:22:00 pm »

Oh, absolutely feel free to jeer at the players from the sidelines. Especially if when they do something stupid. Might be hard for you to collect human hearts though. Might have to settle for like... Rabbit hearts. Or Possum hearts. Or umm... Nutria hearts?
We're dryads. We can grow ourselves as many artichoke hearts as we want. Well, not all of us. But you get the point.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27