Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13822 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2017, 11:03:13 am »

Arvaine, having already been moving, stays with his group.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2017, 01:31:57 pm »

Deidre seems to hang out close behind Antonio and the rest. She looks rather vulnerable, considering her complete lack of armor and her current huddling in the cold. Still, she tries her best to shape up with the rest of the team.
"You are.....all used to the fog, correct?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2017, 01:51:15 pm »

Antonio is a little cold himself, but he shrugs. "Nnnope. No experience with it, I haven't left the castle since it settled in."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:54:12 pm by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2017, 01:53:49 pm »

"As have I.....but your name.....it doesn't seem as if you come from Galwalas."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »

He turns and grins at Deidre. "That would be because I'm not from here. I hail from the city of Firenze, actually, in the duchies and republics of Italia."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2017, 01:59:45 pm »

Deidre's eyes seem to sparkle at that. She tilts her head ever so slightly.
"Italia? Is that....near, at all? I have never heard of such a place."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2017, 05:49:28 pm »

Action: Alfrieda knows her horse (Viridian) has more sense of the land then she does. Does the animal seem frightened or wary?

Viridian has been on edge for the entire trip, obviously not enjoying the trip but putting up with it for their rider. However, something seems to have calmed Viridian's skittishness for the moment and so the horse seems to be not frightened or wary as they wait for their rider to come to a decision. Undoubtedly this has something to do with the harp which Alfrieda's companions are hearing, for what else could have caused this change in Viridian's mood?

Action: Move the team forward, trying to find the source of the sound with the help of her team

Having no other leads to work off of, the party inches forward to try and locate the source of the sound. Viridian and the other horses seem to know more than their riders, oddly enough, gently tugging on their reins whenever the party goes astray. In very little time they stumble upon a clearing in the fog, the sun suddenly breaking through the clouds to shine on the scene before them. In the centre of the clearing is a small earthen mound upon which a fair maiden sits, her delicate and long fingers playing a small harp in her lap. Nearby, on the very top of the mound next to a worn standing stone, is a table laid out for a casual social gathering of 6 people. With a causal glance at the approaching riders, so smooth that it was undoubtedly rehearsed, she stops her playing and waves eagerly at the group of knights.

"Hello, brave warriors. Might I trouble you for your company? We have so much to talk about! Please. You won't be imposing on me at all! I insist!" she says cheerfully.

Judging by her strange dress and painfully perfect beauty, the maiden is obviously one of the Aes Sidhe. Who else would be so casually playing the harp in this Primordial Fog? Music which seems to have entranced the group's horses with its song no less.

He approached a calm clearing, ready to make use of the rune of Water.

Action: Finish preparations and perform ritual.

Combining the Runes of Water and Sight together, Vincent and Owen prepare a ritual to scout the Primordial fog. The work takes a couple hours, spent chalking out the intricate designs around a bowl full of water, but hopefully they'll earn that time back with interest when they must venture forth. Finally the ritual is completed and the last few incantations are released, causing the bowl in the centre of the ritual to glow slightly. Its surface ripples in a wind that does not exist in the mortal world before going still and revealing a scene buried somewhere in the fog. Thick, gnarly roots ring a small pool of water on one side, extending up into the trunk of the tree similarly twisted from what can be seen through the bowl. The most interesting part of the scene is conveniently located in the centre of it. Growing from a low-hanging branch is a small, egg-like object sheathed in leaves of all varieties and colours. Even through the ritual, the two Enchanters feel a touch of its power. Surely this must be one of the Wybyd which the Order is searching so desperately for?

Are Antonio, Magda/Magnus, Arvaine and Deidre ready to set out for adventure?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2017, 05:57:34 pm »

Antonio, at the least, is already heading out!
"Ah, well, it's practically on the other end of Europe, north-south-wise. It's on the continent, you see."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:43:11 pm by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2017, 06:04:23 pm »

Deidre is also on her way out.
"....continent? Forgive me.....I have lived far away from others my whole life.....so the world outside, for the most part is.....unfamiliar to me."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2017, 06:34:43 pm »

Judas bows to the maid. He may not entirely trust this, but at the very least being rude to a Sidehe was just asking to get cursed.
"Me and my companions would be delighted to do so ma'am. If it is not presumptuous of me to ask it, what would be your name?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2017, 07:01:22 pm »

"You may call me Enid the Fair," she says, offering Judas a polite curtsy in return for his bow. "Since we are to share my table, would you be so kind as to tell me your name in return?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2017, 07:05:54 pm »

"I call myself Judas. It is a pleasure to meet you my Lady."
Inside Judas is praying he isn't making a social faux paux. Does he introduce his companions? Does he let them introduce themselves? Should he take off his mask? So many things to worry about.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2017, 07:32:50 pm »

Thorsteinn blinked in surprise at the maiden, a clearly supernatural being luring them in with song and magic, his nerves skittered as instinct told him that this could be a deadly situation, but Judas seemed at least willing to talk to the creature. Following the natives lead in this situation Thorsteinn dismounted his horse and offered his own bow to the fae woman.

"Well met then Enid the Fair." he said, testing her name in his lips as he straightened up and took doffed his helm from his head, cradling it in his left arm, letting his hair fall more freely downward and revealing the whole of his face. "I am Thorsteinn Ásmundarson, Paladin of the newly established Order of the White Branch." he said, carefully keeping his hand from fulfilling it's instinct of clutching at the cross on his neck, in case the woman felt offense at his desire to invoke gods protection against her.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2017, 11:19:53 pm »

"Ah, well, Galwalas here is in the British Isles, a set of islands that contain the Galwalans, the Irish, and on a larger island the Welsh, English, and the Scots. To the South and the East you have the main continent of Europe that contains a great many countries, but most important are the French, directly across the English Channel from the greater British Isle, or Great Britain as it is called. Then, to the East of France, you have the Holy Roman Empire, which encompasses many German lands, Frisian lands, and on a peninsula to the south Italian lands. I come from one of those lands on the peninsula, the Republic of Florence, or Firenze in my language. I'd draw you a picture if we weren't traveling through the fog."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2017, 01:34:51 am »

Deidre nods. She shies away a little, her eyes giving away her shame.
"I see. My mother always taught me of Europe, though......I feel the lessons didn't quite sink in. I must seem so......uncivilized, I must apologise."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16