Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13817 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2017, 10:18:04 pm »

Robert follows Owen.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2017, 11:20:03 am »

Upon Conor's arrival, Antonio quickly peels himself off of the ground without using his hands, springing to his feet, and spinning his sheathed knife once before returning it to his belt.
"Ah, it's just a spar indeed, Conor, so don't you worry. We were merely getting to know each others' fighting styles -- for you see I've joined the order as well. I wouldn't want to leave you dry, though, so I'll let you in on something: that raised mattress I took such pains to bring along? Well, in the wooden box below it is what remains of my stock."

"Ah. Antonio, you are a true friend! Do not worry. I will be certain to toast your glorious and safe return. Such a wonderful gift deserves nothing less!"

"Now, we're late enough as it is, so let us not dally! We ought to hhhhhello Baron Rheinallt."
In the middle of stepping through the doorway, Antonio suddenly executes a quick spin and step backwards -- in his energy to go, he's almost run straight into the Baron come to check on them, having avoided this solely through agility.

"My apologies, Antonio. I did not mean to surprise you," the Baron says, offering the merchant's son a respectful half-bow (favouring his right side like always).

"I apologize for not congratulating you earlier. You stepping forward to join the Order surprised me, but I am glad to see that you are taking your responsibilities seriously. With the mood which the Queen is in, such efforts will not go appreciated. If I can offer you any aid, do not hesitate to ask. My only regret is that I cannot inform you what will occur in the mists. I am told that the land does not flow as it should in them, so that you cannot scout ahead or use landmarks to guide you. No amount of foresight will preserve you in the mists. You must trust in God, your wits, knowledge and strength of arm instead."

Owen goes to seek permission to hold a ritual in the garden.(Perhaps from the Queen's enchanters?)

Because the GM is not feeling their best, Owen and his companions quickly get permission to hold a ritual in the castle's grounds. Unfortunately performing it in the Garden is off limits, lest the ritual disturbs the magics contained within. Instead they can perform it on the castle's grounds, somewhere out of the way where they will disturb no one. Of course they will need to procure any materials needed for the Ritual themselves, but such a simple one shouldn't require much effort to perform it.

Team Action: Thorsteinn, Alfrieda, Alice, Lilian and Judas all depart the castle together to seek the Wybyd

Under the watchful gaze of Queen Eirwen, Thorsteinn, Alfrieda, Alice, Lilian and Judas all ride out from the castle's gates. A short distance lies from the gate to the siege lines, and the Primordial mists beyond.

The mists quickly swallow up the sight of Castle Camlann, reducing the world to a swirling white-grey haze. Occasionally the mists thins enough that trees or jagged rocks can be dimly observed in the distance, yet no matter where they ride the terrain is always flat and featureless. The sun, once shining so brightly in the sky, peeks through the fog rarely as if afraid to shed its light upon the land. Despite the straightness of their path, the group would note that the position of the sun seems to be constantly shifting. If the urgency of their task and need for the Wybyd was no so great, then undoubtedly no one would dare step into these accursed mists.

Spoiler: Cunning Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Judas and Lilian Rook (click to show/hide)

I have no idea whether Vincent still wants to go with Alfrieda and pals or wants to stay behind and help with Owen's idea. So I'll wait for a proper answer before doing anything about it. Okay?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2017, 11:31:37 am »

(Before they left)

Alice looked in a mirror, studying herself with a careful eye
"It's a bit dull..." she tugged at her sleeve "And a bit loose..." she stared at herself for a few more seconds "But I suppose it's fine, thank you, hopefully there are some boots around here, I don't really want to ruin my shoes."

(After they left)

Alice stared into the mists, still getting used to the feeling of wearing the traveller's clothes. It wasn't exactly a welcoming sight, she had heard some stories about this and none of them good.
"I guess all we can do is go on"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2017, 11:58:17 am »

"Shh. Do you hear that?"
Judas looks around, pulling down his hood to hear better.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2017, 12:02:45 pm »

(before they left)

"Hmmph. What good is pretty dress in the wilds? You'll just make it easier for a crossbowman to shoot you. That red dress you were wearing was like a giant bullsye.

And you'll notice Paladins only wear bright colors over plated mail. At least the sensible ones do."
Alfrieda had never worn a dress, never even owned one, and frankly Alice's idea of trousers being 'mens clothing' confused her. If a woman could wear it, wasn't it womens clothing as well?

Unfortunately, Alfrieda's ideas were less rooted on some nebulous ideals of as of yet un-visualized ideals of social equality, and more with boring practicality.

(after they left)

Alfrieda patted her horse fondly as she surveyed the area. The beast she was riding was her longtime companion Viridian. That had been through many rides and battles together, miles and miles, years and years. She often paid attention to what her mount was trying to tell her...insofar as a horse could communicate. She had originally found Viridian abandoned on a forest trail with blood on her saddle, contentedly cropping grass...that was, in fact, how Alfrieda had obtained most of Knightly tokens. A blade found sticking in a grave. A mace on the floor in a burned out hovel. Pieces of armor taken from the men she was forced to kill...a banner sewn by a grieving mother...by the time Alfrieda was found by the Queen, all those parts and experiences had forged her into the person she was now.

"What do you think, Viridian? Quiet, or too quiet?" She said almost under her breath. Lonely knights often spoke to their horses, it was true.

Action: Alfrieda knows her horse (Viridian) has more sense of the land then she does. Does the animal seem frightened or wary?

"Shh. Do you hear that?"
Judas looks around, pulling down his hood to hear better.

Alfrieda was wise enough not to follow that up with 'Do I hear what?'. Instead she fell silent and turned her attention to Judas.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:09:10 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2017, 12:10:27 pm »

Vincent, having gathered his belongings, was prepared to leave. However,  while going to the castle grounds for the ritual, found no trace of Ygraidine or the others who sought to travel out into the mists. Had they left already? It was too late, though, as he had little chance of finding them in the accursed fog..lest he used the ritual he and Owen hoped to cast. He approached a calm clearing, ready to make use of the rune of Water.

((I didn't know they were leaving so soon, so I had Vincent not know the same. I'll do the ritual with Owen.))
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2017, 12:13:53 pm »

Thorsteinn watched fog swirling fog carefully, fingers lightly playing across the hilt of his sword with a nervous energy that betrayed his nervous at the unnatural surroundings as he tried to keep eyes on everything. At Judas call he slowly and silently removed his sword from its sheath, readying himself whatever it is the man heard as he shook his head in a negatory fashion to the question.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2017, 12:18:33 pm »

(Before they left)

"We're not always going to be in the wilds though, don't you like just feeling pretty sometimes?" she sighed "I guess the colour thing does make sense though, don't really want to stand out out there" she made a gesture as if to encompass the whole world "Still, it's a shame"

(After they left)

Alice looked around,
"What? I don't hear anything"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:21:25 pm by Kansa »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2017, 12:21:07 pm »

"It's... a harp, I believe. I can't quite figure out where it's coming from but... There's probably something of import there."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2017, 12:32:28 pm »

(Before they left)
"We're not always going to be in the wilds though, don't you like just feeling pretty sometimes?" she sighed "I guess the colour thing does make sense though, don't really want to stand out out there" she made a gesture as if to encompass the whole world "Still, it's a shame"

"There's not been much time in my life for looking pretty...the only beauty to me is a nice sharp sword, a heavy mace, or a solid piece of armor. Something I can use." She said dourly.

(After they left)

Alice looked around,
"What? I don't hear anything"

Alfrieda looked to the Heavens helplessly.

"It's... a harp, I believe. I can't quite figure out where it's coming from but... There's probably something of import there."

"I suppose it might be being played for out benefit...our only choice is to move forward and see if we can make it our more clearly." She said, frowning. More than usual anyway.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2017, 12:51:39 pm »

(Before they left)

Alice didn't seem enthused at the prospect,
"I guess that is one form. It seems a waste though"

(After they left)

A frown crossed Alice's face as she tried to pick out the sound, missing Alfrieda's sign of exasperation.
"I would be careful, it might be someone trying to lure us in"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2017, 01:24:11 pm »

Alfrieda whipped out her warhammer with an impatient snort.

"My father taught me a trap can work both ways, both on the one that sets it off, and the one who set it out. If this a trap, they will regret finding us in the snare! Keep your ears sharp...and follow me." She said, moving Viridian into a trot.

Action: Move the team forward, trying to find the source of the sound with the help of her team

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 05, 2017, 05:51:35 pm »

" Vincent, I'm glad your still here. We've received permission for the ritual, although not in the garden."

Action: Finish preparations and perform ritual.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 05, 2017, 06:09:52 pm »

Antonio nodded soberly when the Baron have him his warning, and he spoke with seriousness in his voice for once. "Well, that's just the risk I've got to take then."

And back to his usual demeanor. "But let's not take TOO long dwelling on it! Time runs short, my friends, let us go!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2017, 06:23:07 pm »

Deidre nods and follows behind Antonio closely, huddling with her bag. There wasn't much really to say.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16