Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13823 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2017, 07:28:43 am »

"Of course. I'd be glad to have you along. Where shall we go?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2017, 08:33:47 am »

Alfrieda seemed pleased her group had knit together so quickly.

"Right. There's no time to waste...get anything you need for the road ahead...but, travel light. I suspect only a few of you are used to long marches or rides...think of the weight you can comfortably carry, then imagine it a hundred times heavier-that's what it will feel like after a few miles. So pack accordingly. We can live off the land amd rely on the charity we earn from the people we serve for most of our supplies. And if we can't rely on the help of our countrymen, the Order has already failed.

...Now! Don't tarry. We'll be setting off with no delay."

Team Action: Thorsteinn, Alfrieda, Vincent, Alice, Lilian and Judas all depart the castle together to seek the Wybyd
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:33:17 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2017, 09:16:49 am »

Thorsteinn nods to Alfrieda, grabbing two two sacks and readjusting his weapons, he quickly strides after her.

"Aye then, I suppose we're too look for those whatisits. Any idea what the things look like? This isn't the first time I've searched for some type of magical object, but certainly the first time when I had no idea what we are looking for."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2017, 10:02:40 am »

"Our first task will be to collect the Wybyd...I admit I don't much about them, except they are integral to the life of the land and must be restored at any cost. Perhaps one of you enchanters could enlighten us?

In any case-once we do, magic will return to our realm, and with them the Calonnau...

It wouldn't do much good to describe them by what you see, though. I know more of them. Calonnau can take any form they wish to portray-they are more akin to spirit, then flesh, yet the forms they take can be deadly enough to be more than a match for any mortal in a physical contest, or even a small army of them. Some prefer to appear as horrible monsters, direct representations of their element, or the humble form of a simple beast-and others appear in humanoid form, sometimes in combination with what I mentioned-they could be unassuming as a peddler, regal as Queen or King, ugly beyond the worst demon crawled from the arsecrack of Hell, or beautiful enough to stop a mans heart where he stands. You'd be wise not to trust your eyes at all."
Her tone implies there is a story there, but she leaves it untold, at least for this moment.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:40:06 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2017, 12:02:47 pm »

I'm not sure. I had expected that we receive more guidance. However I have mastered the rune of sight, so I may be able to use an enchantment to see clues to where some wybyd may be.

Hmm, on second thought, sight may not be enough on its own.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:33:07 pm by Sudurandom »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2017, 07:39:50 pm »

"Take all the time you need."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2017, 05:08:40 pm »

Deidre looks around at her seemingly completely stationary companions.
".....should we not be leaving now?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2017, 05:16:05 pm »

Alfireda has, in fact, already departed the room with her group.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2017, 05:35:49 pm »

Once everyone completes any preparation they needed to do, Magnus and Magda follow the rest of the group out into the mists.  For adventure!  For glory!  For not starving to death!
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2017, 05:41:50 pm »

Alice tried her best to keep up with Alfireda. With her dress slowing her down however it proved to be difficult, a frown crossed her face as she abandoned the poise she had kept so far.
"I know a little about them. They're seeds, some people call them world eggs. They need human help to grow but they are meant to heal the land" she gave a shrug "I've never actually seen one before though.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2017, 05:44:09 pm »

I'm not sure. I had expected that we receive more guidance. However I have mastered the rune of sight, so I may be able to use an enchantment to see clues to where some wybyd may be.

Hmm, on second thought, sight may not be enough on its own.

"Sir....Owen, was it? I happen to bear a rune with power over Water, which is a common medium for sight over long distances. Its natural capacity to refract light, with some magic, can instead refract light from far away. I'm not too sure if it would work though. Let me think... (AKA, would it work, USEC?)...but I must have some time to pack. I will be back shortly".

And so, Vincent left off to his room to gather some belongings to aid him on his travels, including a book of stories, two textbooks, a journal, an ink and quill, a fair bit of money, and rations. This may seem like a lot for an enchanter to carry, but, thankfully, his bag is enchanted to hold more stuff than usual. Unfortunately, it doesn't make it weigh any lighter, so he may need someone to help him carry some of it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2017, 05:51:09 pm »

Alice tried her best to keep up with Alfireda. With her dress slowing her down however it proved to be difficult, a frown crossed her face as she abandoned the poise she had kept so far.
"I know a little about them. They're seeds, some people call them world eggs. They need human help to grow but they are meant to heal the land" she gave a shrug "I've never actually seen one before though.

"An egg, you say? Or a seed? Those a two very different things.

...Also, at the risk of sound indecorous, do you perhaps have a pair of trousers you want to put on? You can borrow some of my old traveling clothes if not. That dress merely doesn't seem suited to a long march, and I would hate to see it ruined. And if we have to make haste, you don't want to die for the sake of tripping over your undergarments, do you?"
She said, making a joke, if only to herself.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2017, 06:10:12 pm »

"I've heard it called both, depends where you read it." she looked down at herself "I don't really have any men's clothes, just dresses really." for a moment she paused as if reluctant to admit it "I guess... I do need some clothes. Like you said this isn't really good for travelling."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2017, 07:29:22 pm »

"We'll stop by the nearest privy-closet for a quick change..."

Alfrieda lent Alice a traveling cloak that was long enough to wrap around her body if needed, a pair of good trousers with a thick seat and many pockets, a decent tunic that hid the armor underneath quite well, and a floppy brimmed hat cunningly woven of some thick, woolen grass. The getup lacked any color, but it seemed to fit her well-Alice and Alfrieda were about the same height, though Alfrieda's heavier and more muscled build made it a bit big, and her legs and arms were a bit longer, so the sleeves and legs had to be folded. The only ornament in the getup was a small silver pin in the shape of a doe that served as a cloak-clasp.

"What do you think? We'll still have to get you some new boots...old habit of mine, I suppose, I've never thought to have more than one pair."

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2017, 10:07:13 pm »

"Sir....Owen, was it? I happen to bear a rune with power over Water, which is a common medium for sight over long distances. Its natural capacity to refract light, with some magic, can instead refract light from far away. I'm not too sure if it would work though. Let me think... (AKA, would it work, USEC?)...but I must have some time to pack. I will be back shortly".

And so, Vincent left off to his room to gather some belongings to aid him on his travels, including a book of stories, two textbooks, a journal, an ink and quill, a fair bit of money, and rations. This may seem like a lot for an enchanter to carry, but, thankfully, his bag is enchanted to hold more stuff than usual. Unfortunately, it doesn't make it weigh any lighter, so he may need someone to help him carry some of it.

Hmm, yes that may help. Water should work quite well to hold the image. And if we hold the ritual in The Garden that may provide a link to the wybyd.

Owen goes to seek permission to hold a ritual in the garden.(Perhaps from the Queen's enchanters?)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:09:16 pm by Sudurandom »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16