Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13807 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2017, 01:43:59 am »

Antonio just grins easily at her.
"No, no, worry not! Having the repository of knowledge that I do about Europe is quite rare and I only have it because I've traveled much of Europe for mercantile purposes. You don't seem uncivilized at all! I don't think anyone could rightfully make that accusation of a fair maiden like yourself. It isn't as if you are a bandit or somesuch."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2017, 01:48:53 am »

Deidre's cheeks go a little red at that, though she manages to calm down and smile lightly at him instead.
"......I am hardly worthy of such praise when you yourself.....have travelled so far in the pursuit of your trade. I would......very much like to hear stories of your travels one day."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2017, 01:57:11 am »

Antonio, perhaps with a little bit too much flair, puts his hand to his chin in a considering motion. "I'll have to take you up on that sometime. I can hardly take credit for the initiative of my travels, though -- they are funded by my father, as he is my employer, after all. ...Well, not for my work with the Order, but otherwise."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2017, 06:12:56 am »

"I see.....what mercantile purposes did you travel for?"

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2017, 12:17:52 pm »

Seeing the wybyd Owen lets out a breath. "So that's a world egg. I must say the descriptions don't do it justice."
He turns to his companions. "Shall we go get it?"

Unless Robert or Vincent have any concerns or objections Owen gathers traveling supplies and sets out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2017, 12:35:23 pm »

Alfrieda wasn't sure if to trust the Fey, but as general rule, one did not. You had to be very careful about what you accepted from them, for it was rarely without cost, or the things you gave freely. Even giving ones true name could be a source of...mischief.

"...Well met, Enid the Fair. I call myself the Knight of the White Hind.

If may be so bold, what brings you to our land in such times of trouble?"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:38:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2017, 08:35:52 am »

"I'm with you. Let's gather some supplies and head out."

Robert gathers supplies for the journey, then begins his adventure with his companions.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2017, 10:34:51 am »

Lillian has largely been quiet - she's never seen a fey before and didn't really know much besides the legends, so she was rather concerned she'd say something wrong and get turned into a deer or end up a slave for infinity years or something.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2017, 10:37:29 am »

Alice curtsied the best she could while not wearing a dress,
"My name is Alice, it's a pleasure to meet one of the fey"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2017, 02:00:26 pm »

Having exhausted the conversation clearly, Deidre seems a little disappointed, but continues walking along. She keeps alert for anything in the mists, sticking close to the party regardless. After all, the gods knew what lurked in the mist, and she was no fighter herself.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2017, 06:36:36 pm »

Tale of the Fae Maiden

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

"It is a pleasure to meet you all likewise," Enid says with a polite smile. "Please do not stand there so stiffly. Come and share my table. I understand your hesitancy but please. You do me a diservice as a host if you refuse my hospitality like this. Sit. Please." As if on cue, the six chairs at the table as pulled back in unison. Not showing the slightest bit of surprise, Enid sits at the head of the table and patiently waits as the unseen servants pour her something in an ornate cup. Taking a sip she says, "As you can see it is perfectly safe to drink. I am not so poor of a host as to poison my guests." The smile she offers is as warm and inviting as an unattended fire. After a few moments she covers her mouth in polite shock.

"Or are you worried about harming me with all of that disgusting iron which you carry? Do not worry on my account. I am willing to bear its presence for a little while. I understand that asking you to disarm yourselves is too much in these troubled times. Just please be respectful and try not to touch me with any of that accursed metal."

"Well met then Enid the Fair." he said, testing her name in his lips as he straightened up and took doffed his helm from his head, cradling it in his left arm, letting his hair fall more freely downward and revealing the whole of his face. "I am Thorsteinn Ásmundarson, Paladin of the newly established Order of the White Branch." he said, carefully keeping his hand from fulfilling it's instinct of clutching at the cross on his neck, in case the woman felt offense at his desire to invoke gods protection against her.

"The Order of the White Branch?" the fae asks in surprise. "I must confess that I am not aware of what that is. I know of the Order of the Red Branch but that was broken so long, long ago. Please. Tell me all about this Order. Are you here on its business? What else could force you into this fog, like a fish trying to swim in the desert?" If Enid takes offence at the cross hanging around Thorsteinn's neck she gives no indication at the moment.

"...Well met, Enid the Fair. I call myself the Knight of the White Hind.

If may be so bold, what brings you to our land in such times of trouble?"

"Oh, it's simple, really." the fae woman says with a smile. "Reginald and I were simply pining for the land which we once walked upon. Having noticed that the barrier to the Otherworld was weakened we decided to see how things changed in our absence. I must admit that this fog is less beautiful than the fields of flowers and rolling hills which I once knew, but it is good to feel the sun upon my face again. You will not find fault in an old lady wanting a touch of sunshine and some fresh air, will you?"

Unless Robert or Vincent have any concerns or objections Owen gathers traveling supplies and sets out.

Robert gathers supplies for the journey, then begins his adventure with his companions.

Robert, Vincent and Owen quickly set out for their journey, long after Queen Eirwen has returned to her chambers to confer with her inner circle. Undoubtedly she would have given them her blessing if she saw them depart.

Unlike their companions, Robert, Vincent and Owen do not suffer an eternity travelling through the disorienting fog. After what seems like a few minutes or perhaps a couple hours, they stumble upon the scene they had scried. A large, gnarly tree plunging its roots into a small pond of water. The Wybyd hangs from a low-hanging branch, its majesty evident even at this far distance. A few stumps and withered branches are scattered about the pool before the Primordial fog swallows everything up.

Owen of Unson: [4 5]
Robert, bastard of Leif: [4 5]
Vincent Uelm: [1 6]

Equally evident to all are the bones and bodies embedded in the mud of the pool, barely made out from this distance. What they came from is difficult to tell but obviously some are from deer or other larger animals.

Having exhausted the conversation clearly, Deidre seems a little disappointed, but continues walking along. She keeps alert for anything in the mists, sticking close to the party regardless. After all, the gods knew what lurked in the mist, and she was no fighter herself.

Spoiler: Deidre (click to show/hide)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2017, 07:24:43 pm »

Thorsteinn, still wary of their host, found that his manners would not allow him to simply ignore her request to sit down, for all he knew such a thing could be considered an insult, and that could very well be exceedingly dangerous for them. Nodding his thanks to the creature, he strode over to the table and lowered himself onto one of the proffered chairs as he lowered his iron helm out of sight under the table. There was nothing he could do about his iron armor unless he wanted to take the time to take it off and leave himself totally unsecured, something he was not willing to do, hosts distastes for the material or not.

"Thank you." He said as he took his spot. "Although I think we should not tarry long. Our mission, and the mission of the White Branch as a whole, is to restore this land to what it once was. I am not sure how much one such as you would be aware of the most recent history of this area. But the short of it is that a Tyrant usurper took power, and although has since been disposed, grievously wounded the lands as his final act, thus the cataclysmic sundering and fog. The order of the white branch was established hastily to rectify these wounds, and bring the kingdom back together. It's a matter of some urgency, given that until we do the inhabitants of the kingdom seem likely to be trapped and helpless within this maze of foggy realms. In order to accomplish our task, we seek the Wybyd, to be replanted in the Kingdom’s Garden. I do not suppose you have heard any thing of them?" He finished hopefully.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2017, 09:26:00 pm »

With as much speed as is polite, Judas takes his seat. He nods in confirmation as the pagan relays their goals.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2017, 11:51:05 pm »

Perhaps it was less that Deidre had exhausted their conversation and more that she believed she had, for Antonio replied anyway.
"Well, originally I came here to seek business interests for my family's vineyard in Galwalas, but... well, with the current situation obviously my mission has changed somewhat."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2017, 02:26:08 am »

".....wait. Did you....hear that?"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16