Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13868 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 04:07:32 pm »

Deidre lingers around the entrance to the hall, her neutral expression hiding her confusion and mild amazement.

Just a few weeks ago, the girl was living in the Marwick Fens, alone with naught but her mother's old things and the various creatures that dwelt within the Fens, living on her own and getting by. Then all that chaos happened; the villagers started stealing glances at her as she wandered around, more and more of them started sneaking into the Fens, and then of course....

Deidre shuddered, remembering the close call she had had with the stake as the witch-crazed village elders had dragged her out of her home to be burned alive. If the Order hadn't saved her, only the gods knew what would be of her.

Then she'd been on a whirlwind of things, from leaving the village after explaining everything to having people tell her that her magical rituals were akin to those of the Fair Ones, the old rulers of Galwalas, to being invited to join the Order (not that she could say no, they had saved her life after all)-

The girl exhaled. It was overwhelming, the weight of recent events.

She was a stranger in a foreign land. The girl could feel eyes on her back- from who, she could not say. Deidre backs towards a column, the stone edifice making her feel a little safer with support behind her.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 04:46:56 pm »

Robert bows to Her Majesty, and bangs his weapon on the ground once more. As the crowd dissipates, he sets to going on an impromptu patrol. Gotta keep the castle secure, after all.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 04:59:55 pm »

Judas stays in the hall as well given he doesn't have much to do right now. He approaches the dancer, his hood adjusted so some light can fall on his face.
"Got here recently I take it?"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:27:49 pm by kj1225 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 05:14:45 pm »

The girl exhaled. It was overwhelming, the weight of recent events.

She was a stranger in a foreign land. The girl could feel eyes on her back- from who, she could not say. Deidre backs towards a column, the stone edifice making her feel a little safer with support behind her.

Alfrieda had wanted to speak to the Witch since they had brought her in, but a warhammer to the shoulder had given her something else to worry about for the last few days...a potboy had told her the woman had been rescued from flames, and that she had boasted of knowing the secrets to strange magic. Such things were of interest to her and Alfrieda, blunt as ever, made a beeline toward the Deidre. She frowned slightly as skinny girl ducked behind a pillar and then was accosted by the hooded man...she had heard about him too. Nothing good. She would have to speak to them later.

She turns about, spotting the young woman she had nearly knocked askew. She had heard nothing of her, for good or ill. Promptly, she decided to seek amends. She begins clanking her way toward Lillian, her face unintentionally forming into the emotionless iron mask that was her usual emotional state. It could be intimidating to those who didn't know her...

A young brown-haired woman, thin and wiry under a heavy-looking cloak, nervously steps forward and clears her throat, before bowing. Don't let the accent show don't let the accent show it's the queen you can't talk like a country bumpkin...

"I-I'll be joining, too. It's a waste of time to sit and wait for others to do it for me..."

"...You there, girl! I apologize for my earlier rudeness. I was over-eager to get the hurly burly done, and I nearly tossed you to the floor like a bag of rotted grain. You will accept my apology." She said, quite brusquely.

Alfrieda didn't wait for her answer before introducing herself.

"I am Lady Ygraidine. You are?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 05:35:52 pm »

Deidre masks her surprise with her mild expression. Her visible tensing, however, is not as well hidden. Unlike many of the savvier members of the court, she hadn't heard anything of the other initiates into the Order.

She shies away a little from the hooded man. Her voice, when she speaks, is noticeably quieter and less forceful than it already was.
".....yes."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »

Judas conceals a chuckle at Deidre's expense. He gives a small bow.
"Well, allow me to introduce myself. I am Judas. I used to live in the town before the usurper took over and I'm pleased to say that I'm quite skilled in my new line of work, even if I've never properly fulfilled my goals."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 06:22:23 pm »

Lillian had managed to keep her footing as the woman bumped past her, albeit barely. She hoped she'd done that right - there were a lot of important people in the crowd, and she had no idea of proper court etiquette. She bit back a startled "eep" sound at the woman's expression - had she done something wrong? Was the woman some important noble who'd been insulted that Lillian came forward before her- oh... she's apologizing. "I-It's fi-" she began, before the woman sped past her and inquired to her identity. "Ah... it's a p-pleasure to meet ya (crap, accent slipped through...), Lady Ygraidine (did I pronounce that right?). M-My name is Lillian Rook." Lillian managed to say, stuttering noticeably, followed quickly by a bow.

She didn't know these people, of course - any of them. She was no noble lady or anything, and had only arrived just before the world kinda... broke. She'd not heard any intrigue in the court. She didn't even know who the woman with whom she was speaking was. The only nobles she knew of were the Steelstone family back home, and this woman didn't have any of the features.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 06:52:09 pm »

She didn't know these people, of course - any of them. She was no noble lady or anything, and had only arrived just before the world kinda... broke. She'd not heard any intrigue in the court. She didn't even know who the woman with whom she was speaking was. The only nobles she knew of were the Steelstone family back home, and this woman didn't have any of the features.

"Lilian Rook." She said slowly and deliberately, as if weighing the name given to her, or perhaps as if tasting a new cut of meat.

Still, she seemed a trifle impatient.

"You've no need to bow to me. I was not born a Lady, but claimed the title by force of arms, and strength of wit. All who deny that are my foes. Such is the way of the world...but, I do not claim the airs that oft go along with it.

Anyway, until we've a proper chain of command, we're all equals in the order-sisters in arms. As for introductions, some know me as the Knight of the White Hind. I have traveled the Kingdom as a wandering Knight-Scholar for most of my life-preserving life, limb and the works of mens minds and hearts."

She let out a breath.

"Falling in with the Queen's march to liberate this land was the answer to so many prayers, but not nearly all of them.

...So where did you come from, girl? What drove you to join the order? And why are you so jumpy? Do you have a hot coal in your pocket?"
She said bluntly, mimicking one of her Dads favorite illogical sayings, rapid firing questions as if she were an interrogator.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 10:08:39 pm »

"I-I'm from Steelstone. It's a decent sized mining town, out in the countryside. Lots of... well, iron 'n steel. I'm an herbalist though, not a miner. I... I can't just sit 'round and wait for the country ta get fixed, ya know? I've got ta do something about it if I can.

O-Oh, am I uh... jumpy? I think it's because of who's in the place, here. I-I'm just some country girl, and there's a bunch'a important people around. There's probably more power in this room than I ever saw back home, not even counting the Queen. M-Makes me a bit nervous is all."
As Lillian talks, the accent slips back into her voice as she stops focusing on talking "normally".
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 10:31:59 pm »

After the dispersal of the gathering to crown the young queen, Thorsteinn made a beeline for the most important room in the castle, the larder. Figuring that the liberation of the land also included the food within it and therefor no one would mind him making a raid on the food, Thorsteinn gathered up a few small morsels for an after ceremony snack. Nothing got him hungrier then watching a coronation after all. Gathering his loot into a few small sacks he made his way out into the hallways of the castle, intent on finding the other members of the newly formed Order of the White Branch, since it seemed that he would be working with them for an extended time he would be greatly behooved to learn more about these previously brief comrades in arms.

Entering the great hall, he found a smaller cluster of those who had the bravery to join the order, a soft looking woman who if rumor held correctly was a witch of some kind. She seemed to be talking to a man. Thorsteinn's mouth twisted in distaste as he recognized as one of those who turned their allegiances from the Tyrant to the Queen near the end. It would be hard to decide if such a man could be trustworthy. Twisting his course slightly to avoid the man, he made his way towards two women who had joined the order, an intelligent looking young woman who he had not seen before was talking to a shieldmaiden that Thorsteinn recognized as one of the many knights that, like himself, had joined the Queens cause. Rumor spoke of something dark hanging over this maidens head, but he was unsure if such a stigmata was based in fact or simply a fancy woven around her because of her use of both magic and blade. Animals seemed to like her at least, and that was enough for Thorsteinn.

Thorsteinn clunked his way over to the small group, his chain armor, still dully shining with the refurbishing that it had received after the final battle jangled loudly enough to announce his presence even if the heavy thump of his leather boots wasn't enough. His simple spectacled helm was jammed back onto his head to give his hands enough room to carry a bulging sacks in each. Arriving just in time to hear the young woman give her introduction, he reached the group and let one of the sacks fall to the ground at his feet.

"Can't just sit around? A sound a reason as any to join the order!" He said loudly, his voice booming though the hall as a wide grin split his face and ruffled his thick beard. "Indeed, I feel much the same myself! I had thought this quest would end with revenge rightly served to the cowardly Tyrant, but to see this land be ripped asunder by his tantrum of defeat is indeed the greatest of shames. One can not just sit idly by when such work is to be done I would think. Ah, but let me introduce myself, I am Thorsteinn Ásmundarson." The large man says, offering his thick and heavily calloused hand to the young woman to shake. "I know little of the magics that have sundered this place, but I suspect that our job to fix it will be vast, so I suppose we will likely be working together for quite some time. At any rate, I think you should not feel too much in the way of nervousness, as after all, no matter what your station was before, we are all members of this order together now."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 11:17:25 pm »

"He's wrong."

The battered-looking knight stands up from where he'd been seated, near one edge of the hall, and walks toward the group.

"You should be nervous. If you're just a country girl, as you say, then you had damn well be worried about what might come your way. All manner of creatures could dwell in the mists, and if you're not prepared, you'll be naught more than a corpse before you have time to realize what happened."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 02:06:08 am »

Deidre curtseys a little in return; her mother had always taught her to carry herself with the grace of a lady, even if she wasn't one. That included, of course, being polite.
"I am....Deidre. It is a pleasure to....meet you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 02:17:08 am »

"So, what is your expertise that you're offering our order? You don't look the brutish smashy oath making type. Perhaps you're one of those Enchanters that dance naked in the moon light and can read?"
Judas is clearly joking about the dancing thing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 02:29:29 am »

"I am simply a.....commoner, lending my skills to the Order."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 08:54:35 am »

"You shouldn't lie since then the only knowledge I have of you is based off rumors. Specifically the ones that say you're a witch that consorts with demons in the dead of night."
Judas smiles politely under the mask.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16