Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13860 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2017, 07:51:54 pm »

Robert wanders nearby, and hears his new cohorts exchanging introductions. If we're going to be working together, I might as well introduce myself.

"I overheard some of your introductions, and I figure I might as well do the same. The name's Robert, formerly of the town guard. I'm pleased we will all be upholding justice together."

After he finishes speaking, Robert removes his helmet, revealing that he is missing his left eye, which is covered by a leather patch.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2017, 10:35:09 pm »

Thorsteinn grimaced at the rebuke from Arvaine. The man was sour as rotten fruit and his words were about as pleasant. Still, Thorsteinn had to have grudging respect for his faithful service to the queen. His grimacing at his words turned to a grim smile as Alfriedas meanderings seemed to turn from agreement to disagreement, Thorsteinn nodded along to her final sentiment.

"Aye well Arvaine, fear of death should be all the more reason for one to join the order. What better place to shuck away ones lowly past and find their measure of honor before death finds them then in a place such as this. One shouldn't be nervous about morality, as everyone dies when their time is up anyway." Thorsteinn said 'sagely' as he stroked his long bear with his free hand. As he took in all the others who has come closer, reserving a frown of distaste for Judas. As the gathering grew larger he reached into one of his sacks, pulling fourth a loaf of bread, which he broke one of the ends off of and took a bite. Leaning up against the pillar he let his bulk slouch slightly as he nodded towards Robert and Alice. "Good to meet you both as well, I'm Thorsteinn Ásmundarson." Blinking slowly as he considered the newcomers. He reached into his other bag and brought out a hunk of cheese, slicing it deftly with a long knife he ate it with some more bread. "I don't think I recognize either one of you. Why'd made ye stand up and decide to join the order? Also here, help yourself anyone who wants some. Nothing makes me hungrier then meeting new people." he said, offering cheese and bread to the other members of the order. "And no one can be a brother to another before they have shared bread."

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2017, 10:52:38 pm »

Magnus and Magda have been lurking about the courtyard, eavesdropping on the conversations without participating.  But when Thorsteinn starts passing food around, the pair immediately jump in.  "I'd say you shouldn't linger too long on the possibility of death and defeat, ma'am," Magnus pipes up from around a mouthful of bread.  Might as well try to keep the greenhorns alive a bit longer, "Caution?  Good.  Very good, in fact.  But I've seen more people dead because they couldn't keep their head than because of any amount of martial incompetence.  Courage and will are at least as important as strength of arms, and I think you've got that.  The rest you can learn as you go.

"Magnus the Red, at your services, good sirs and madames.  My sister Magda and I have been in Baron Rheinault's service for some time.  Mostly behind enemy lines, so you're unlikely to have heard of us.  With the war over, we figured we might as well volunteer for this.  After so much time in the Baron's service, we honestly don't know what we'd do in retirement."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2017, 08:52:27 am »

"Nothing makes me hungrier then meeting new people." he said, offering cheese and bread to the other members of the order. "And no one can be a brother to another before they have shared bread."

Alfrieda took a chunk of bread and cheese with a thankful nod.

"I was raised under similar customs. A man who offers his bread and salt to visitors promises them safety under his roof, at least in some parts of the Kingdom. Despite your lack of salt or a roof, you have my thanks." She said stolidly, getting about as close to a joke as she ever did.

She begins eating her portion with small, delicate bites as the conversation turns around and around.

Arvaine scoffs.

"Misplaced? There is no such thing as the wrong place for the truth. The girl should be nervous. I apologize for doing my best to keep her alive.

You aren't incorrect, though. I will fight as I have done before, I simply worry for the safety and competence of those at my back. As well as if it's going to have a knife placed in it."

Alfrieda scoffed right back. It seems she had meant someone even more blunt than her. She respected that. A man should say what he means to say.

"I was merely alluding to her nervousness at the present company. She seems less nervous at the concept of facing them, than of speaking in a crowded room, and I was trying to...comfort her? Yes. I will not claim to know the works of the soul, but there's a time for steel and a time for silk, Good Sir Arvaine."

"Troubled? I suppose not exactly. I expect to burn in hell when I die for my treachery but I figure God may have the time to forgive me if I spend my life making up for it, if he isn’t busy forgiving nobles and priests and the like."

She nodded, seeming satisfied.

"At least you are...consistent. A man can choose good or evil, but he must choose-and he must have no regrets about the path he walks."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2017, 08:59:12 am »

"Until a few months ago, I was a member of the town guard. I was injured in a raid, he jestures to his eye -or lack there of,and was expelled for it. Apperantly there are very struck guidelines barring maimed guardsmen from continuing their service. A very old and disputed rule, but nevertheless, I could not resume my duties. I joined the Order because I feel I have yet more to give to the defense of the realm."

He takes a slice of cheese and bread, and begins eating it.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2017, 09:21:06 am »

Deidre reluctantly and carefully takes a piece of bread and cheese from the boisterous warrior, giving him a thankful nod.
"Yes.....I remember my mother saying....much the same thing. One must always welcome visitors to one's own home with one's own food."

Then she overhears Robert's story. A slight frown mars her features, but a little awe is in her eyes.
"You....must be very brave....to want to return to battle when given a way out."

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2017, 11:18:35 am »

Owen also accepts some food. "I believe most cultures see the sharing of food as a sign of friendship or hospitality.

Robert, I agree that rule does seem rather arbitrary in your case. But it is commendable that you continue to serve after your injury."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2017, 12:40:53 pm »

Vincent, in his nervousness, had doubts he would be ready for whatever might lay ahead of him, so he was sitting in a corner, privately, reading from a textbook to get his mind of the troubles that may face him.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2017, 02:52:17 pm »

While Magnus continues his shameless mooching, Magda notices Vincent sitting in the corner.  If the lot of us are to be working together, having somebody who doesn't feel connected to the group could cause problems later.  Since she's the wizard today, she peels off from the group to speak with her fellow enchanter.

"Hello, fellow mage.  It's nice to see another student of the arcane arts among all these warriors, witches, shamans, and ambitious peasants.  They've all got their merits, of course, but they generally lack a certain appreciation for the finer arts of magic.  I am Magda; it's a pleasure to meet you."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2017, 03:37:04 pm »

"Then perhaps you should contact a merchant instead of a knight-errant." One corner of his mouth twitched in what might have been intended to be a smile.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2017, 03:51:26 pm »

Alice took some food and began nibbling on it daintily,
"Thank you." she thought for a moment on Thorsteinn's question "I want to move on"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2017, 04:36:15 pm »

With a few moments' hesitation, he said "Vincent...Uelm. What...runes do you know...or is it only one?". He left room for Magda to reply. "I happen to bear that of Water. Not by mine own research, though...well, not on purpose".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2017, 08:26:27 pm »

"Water?  How useful.  My brother and I share the rune of Unity," Magda states, "It is not a rune that can be understood alone."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2017, 08:40:25 pm »

"Interesting. Could be useful for pacts, or repairing objects split in twain..though the latter wouldn't aid the quality of the objects...maybe? Repair, in and of itself, would be a good rune. Maybe Renewal would be better, though..I should take a note.."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:35:31 pm by OceanSoul »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2017, 09:05:44 pm »

"I think you are overstating things, but thank you regardless."

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16