Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13863 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« on: March 22, 2017, 02:36:50 pm »

The Order of the White Branch
OOC Thread

By tradition the royalty of Galwalas are crowned in Saint Benezet's Cathedral by the Archbishop himself. But with Wrikon still lost to the primordial mists the coronation of Queen Eirwen is forced to be a more functional affair. Those of worth, and many who are not, crowd Castle Camlann's main hall to watch the momentous occasion where but a few days before they were desperately pressing their enemies. The royal jewels, taken from the castle's vault, shine in splendour as Confessor Ekkehard grants them to Eirwen one by one. First the ancient crown of Galwalas, said to contain a finger bone of Saint John, then the royal sceptre and orb, symbols of her god-given authority on earth as Queen. Clad in plate mail and chain, Eirwen looks like one of the many warrior Queens from myth and legend. Those who know the Queen admit that if she had the time to assemble a proper coronation regalia, she would call on armourers instead of dressmakers. But the sight of such a confident and powerful Queen, ready to take on all challenges or foes, does much to soothe everyone's minds and concerns over the turmoil embroiling the Kingdom.

"Men of Galwalas!" Eirwen shouts, her voice dropping to a more understandable volume as the scattered conversations of her subjects die down. "I, Queen Eirwen, do swear before God to follow in the example of my departed father King Illtyd the Wise! I will set right the wrongs which the Tyrant Iorwerth caused, bring peace and prosperity to the land, and rule with justice and honour! As my first act as Queen, I will pardon those who were only fulfilling ancient obligations of vassalage. Those who merely took his coin will be allowed to leave with full colours, so long as they do so peacefully and quickly. But those who have assisted the Tyrant of their own free will be punished for their misdeeds and their heads will join their master's on Camlann's gate."

"As my second act as Queen, I hereby announce the creation of the Order of the White Branch. I am but one woman and the misdeeds of the Tyrant dig deep into Galwalas's very soil! Even now the primordial fog of creation laps against Castle Camlann's walls, the result of the final and most despicable act of the Tyrant. The Order of the White Branch will be dedicated to fix this most terrible deed, to restore the land to the glory from which it fell, and maintain it forever more. As such I beseech the brave and loyal people of Galwalas to step forward and dedicate themselves the Order, whether they be man or woman or of high or lowly birth. The Order will accept all who are worthy, united by our love of the Kingdom and desire to see it prosper."

"Aye! I will gladly be the first to join the Order!" declares Baron Rheinallt, close companion of the Queen. He steps forward from the crowd and kneels to receive her blessing, his stylish cape obscuring the deformity of his left arm. As he rises he declares, "All true men of Galwalas should consider it an honour to be part of the Order. One would be hard pressed to find a nobler or more worthy goal in these dark and trying times." With the example set, more present themselves to join the Order, including Confessor Ekkehard and even Conrad von Ullmann. The only member of Eirwen's inner circle who does not receive the honours is Lady Jeanne de Lorraine, watching the proceedings from the hall's gallery with a pleased smile on her face.

If your character has not been accepted and isn't in the Dramatis Personae for the game, then you shouldn't be posting in this thread. Otherwise you are free to present yourself to the Queen, join the Order, and begin preparations to explore the formless void.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:44:24 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 02:48:15 pm »

A sour looking man whose extent of cleaning up for the ceremony seemed to be cleaning the blood off of his battered armor stepped forward.

"I will join the Order. Heaven knows what will happen if I don't." His voice is slightly gravelly, and his "declaration" strikes a contrast with Rheinallt's for it being, well, not much of one; it was a simple statement of intent.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 02:52:19 pm »

A willowy-looking young woman, dressed in fine garments, steps forward after the sour-looking man. Her face is calm, a melancholic air about her.

"I swear upon my life, that I shall aid the Order in all of its ventures and do my best to assist them." Her voice is light and soft; her declaration, however, is the opposite, firm and backed with purpose.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:55:21 pm »

Judas steps forward, his hood let down so that the queen may see his face for the time being. He bows low before rising to speak.
"I am not a man of noble blood, nor am I one who has studied the arcane arts. However, if I can I wish to offer the skills I do have in service of the country. Judas pulls his hood back on. "If nessesary I shall give my life doing so my Queen."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 03:15:07 pm »

Thorsteinn stepped forward, battered helm held under one arm as he lowered his head towards the queen in a bow.

"Aye then la... Er, mine Queen. I'll join your Order and strive to rebuild this land. This march for revenge against the tyrant did surely light a flame in my chest, but even accomplishing our goal it's clear this country will need much to survive. I couldn't very well abandoned your cause at this point."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 03:16:18 pm »

A young brown-haired woman, thin and wiry under a heavy-looking cloak, nervously steps forward and clears her throat, before bowing. Don't let the accent show don't let the accent show it's the queen you can't talk like a country bumpkin...

"I-I'll be joining, too. It's a waste of time to sit and wait for others to do it for me..."

(Note: Italics for Lillian will be representing thought)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 03:44:57 pm »

An otherwise unremarkable, but slender and tall woman with shaggy hair the color of beechnuts steps forward confidently next, almost bumping the poor Lillian out of her way. It was no time for cravens or tender-hearts!

This woman was carrying a helmet in her off-hand-like her armor, painted pure white inlaid with jade green, this helm is topped with a pair of fierce looking ornamental horns. An affectation deserved by the woman who calls herself the Knight of the White Hind, for that is also the image on the shield that adorns her back. Whispers say the woman herself bears the token not as a heraldic emblem, but as a curse of some sort...there are many whispers about this woman. That she was a wandering knight who fell in with the Queen during her grand march. That she has a strange affinity with beasts, but is tactless and blunt towards most men and women. That she has queer combination of skills in both arcane and martial arts. Some also say she is cursed by God, or perhaps the Devil, and that a terrible doom hangs over her head.

Since she speaks little of herself, and boasts rarely, the rumors grow for lack of anything else.

Alfrida stepped forward and sank to one knee, partially on account of a shoulder injury she had suffered during the fight. It was something she had done not all that long ago, on the eve of the final battle-which in retrospect, was really the first battle...

"...If the Queen requires my service, I gladly offer it, once again. Your token I will bear, to whatever end of the Kingdom I am bid to wander...for as long a life as I have granted to me." Alfrieda said, he own voice a mixture of up-country burr, and the clear elucidation of an educated speaker, yes lacking warmth or softness.

She had been referring to the gift her Queen had made to her...and the other thing. She had, of course, confided the truth to the Queen already.

In his madness, the Tyrant Iorwerth had destroyed as much as he could get his hands on. His final and most despicable act had not been the last. As he raved, he had ordered Castle Camlann's royal library burned to ash and warm cinder, for reasons only a madman could comprehend. Many hundreds, perhaps even thousands of years of old lore, knowledge, and learning had been lost with the single toss of a careless torch.

From that wrack and ruin, little had been recovered-though it was rumored that much of the library had been covertly secreted away in the years before to various points in the Kingdom by brave Monks-the Queens gift to Alfrieda had been no more than a beautiful pen and an old leather book with a scorched cover, but it had meant everything to her. It had been a promise, at least to Alfrieda, that they would recover and treasure the knowledge that had been lost.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:51:06 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 04:00:13 pm »

...will this Order really save the energies of the land itself? They will try, surely...and that in and of itself will help. Perhaps I...no. This is far too wide an enterprise. Who knows where I might end up? I would be brought to dangerous and distant locations alike. My studies wouldn't be able to continue...right?
Then again...real magic can't be learned in such controlled conditions as these around me. Instinct, experience, and risks like this are crucial to knowing one's limits! I can always bring a textbook along, surely.. I....shouldn't even give myself another chance to doubt myself!

A robed figure, teal garments covering his well-fed body, reached out from the crowd. I..I would like to join..! He felt his lingering nervousness begin to free itself from his heart. He was even shaking a little, though he didn't notice this.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 04:05:53 pm »

"Should we?  They'll need all the help they can get."  A man in a dark gambeson murmurs, idly stroking the hilt of his rapier.  A bow and a wide-mouthed quiver are slung across his back.

"Working out in the open like this?  I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that," A strikingly similar-looking woman, clad in a dark red dress and carrying a rune-carved staff, replies.  "We've always stuck to the shadows before."

"The kingdom needed spies then.  It needs heroes now.  If you're that worried, I'm sure there'll be plenty of big, strong knights in shining armor willing to put themselves between a lovely lady and the pointy things," He states, "Me on the other hand...  Even so, you know what we're going to decide."

"The Baron has committed to this," The woman muses, "We are sworn to his service, and if he thinks it's worth joining...  He's never led us astray before."

"Magnus and Magda reporting for duty," The two step forward, speaking as one.  The man bows to the queen, and the woman to the baron, "If you'll have us, our services and sorcery are at your disposal."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 06:00:57 pm »

Owen steps out of the crowd and speaks in a clear upper class accent "Your Majesty if my abilities would be of use, it would be my honor to serve in this cause."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 06:04:51 pm »

Alice stood apart from the rest, her eyes fixed on the queen as she watched her coronation. In one hand she held her flute, clutched tightly. The other smoothed out the creases in her red dress, she really did need to take better care of it. She sniffed as she looked down at it. Or just get a new one entirely, if only it was that simple.

She needed to get out of this place and it seemed this queen had the means for her to do that, she plastered a smile onto her face as she stepped forwards. Her voice charming and sing song as she spoke.
"My Queen, I would gladly join your side.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 07:11:29 pm »

Caliana shrugged and raised her hand.

"Aye, I'll join too."

Not like she had anything better to do. Besides, if this all worked out, she was sure she wouldn't need to worry about food for awhile.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 10:18:36 pm »

A tall, armored man steps forward. He has a tall halberd to his right, and his helmet, for some reason, only has one eye hole - where the left one should be, there is only smooth metal. At a glance, most of the people gathered would probably have thought him one if the town guard.

At the queens announcement of the new Order, the man steps forward and slams his halberd onto the ground.

"Robert, son of Erik, at your service, my queen."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 03:56:04 pm »

"Arise, brave men and women. Know that from this day forth you are members of the Order. Go forth and serve God and country with all of your vigour."

With the coronation ceremony obviously over, the crowd slowly breaks up. Of course, with the castle being surrounded by primordial fog everyone has nowhere to go. So instead they disperse to the halls and corridors of the castle, talking and chatting among themselves about the events which they had just witnessed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16