Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! Exit the Shadow Realm (App Based RP with Custom Cards)  (Read 4384 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Exit the Shadow Realm (App Based RP with Custom Cards)
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 10:25:45 pm »

Discord, huh? So I guess I won't be able to see their character sheets? That's too bad.

I'm sure once all is said and done, we will have a google doc or forum post somewhere just to keep track of that stuff.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 03:52:24 am »

No comment on my second version of signature cards?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 04:24:03 am »

I changed Slave magician's effect a bit, it can be used on either turn but only on magician monsters.

I hope it's still ok.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 11:35:44 am »

I changed Slave magician's effect a bit, it can be used on either turn but only on magician monsters.

I hope it's still ok.
That's totally fine.

No comment on my second version of signature cards?
I still think your boss is a little bit underwhelming. In general, a good boss should do one of a few things: Floodgate, Remove problematic cards, Extend combos, or attack really well. Your current boss does none of these things. Id personally suggest making it a floodgate, which is something that makes it harder for your opponent to play.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:43:19 am by nuclearwhale »

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 12:44:02 pm »

Id personally suggest making it a floodgate, which is something that makes it harder for your opponent to play.
I don't have much experience with these kind of cards, any advice to what floodgate effect in peculiar I should give it?

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 01:10:00 pm »

So the easiest solution while keeping in the theme is something like the attack/defense switching of Ojama Countryhttp://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ojama_Country which, coupled with your non-battle destruction immunity, may force your opponent to make a sub-optimal play to remove your monster. it will become less good in the later stages of the game, as non-destruction removal becomes more prominent, but for early stages, it should be fine.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:20:45 pm by nuclearwhale »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 02:00:36 pm »

Alright. Application deadline is 12am PST. 12 hours from now.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 02:47:04 pm »

I've been considering turning Theusaes into a Rank 6 Synchro Monster. I would turn Atlantean Elite Guard into a level 3 Tuner with reduced stats and without the summoning-from-discard/deck effect. It would make it harder to regain Theusaes from the Graveyard (I still cannot summon him from banishment, a significant weakness), but it would justify making him a little stronger stat-wise, and, well, I'd be partially uncomfortable with having none of the special forms of summoning (Synchro, XYZ, Polymerization, Pendulum). I do have a few questions about Synchro Summons. First, if a Synchro monster would be added to my hand, is it, or does it return to the Extra deck? If it does go to my hand, can I Tribute Summon it, or would I have to Synchro Summon it from my hand (if that's even possible).

Also, I may have found a solution to dialing back Theusaes' effect; it cannot be activated on consecutive turns. That way, I can still prevent an attack by using it on my opponent's turn, but, as I would have to give up using it on my prior turn, it would be considerably slowed down. That is, if you weren't already thinking that it should only be able to activate on my turn.

Lastly, I still can't think of a good name for my spell (currently Tropical Tradewinds, which is rather bad /irrelevant). The spell lets me summon a monster from my discard pile by banishing other monsters from the discard pile with an equal or greater amount of levels(would add in rank to the wording if I go Synchro), or Special Summon it if I tribute double instead. Anyone have any good ideas?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 03:15:15 pm »

What about the following effect:

This card can only be destroyed by battle.
This monster's ATK becomes equal to its DEF during the opponent's turn.
Once per turn, you can switch the ATK and DEF of any number of monsters on the field, including this one.

Full current application
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:09:35 am by Eritzap »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:44 pm »

My edits are all done. If there are still any problems with the backstory, cards, etc., please tell me.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2017, 02:04:34 am »

Apps closed. Existing apps are free to edit their cards through the weekend. We will likely decide who gets accepted in the next day or so, but we wont start the mechanical work to set up your characters and lock in your cards until Sunday or Monday at the soonest.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 08:58:04 am »

Oh. Different than I thought. Anyway, I decided to switch over to Synchro, but I'm still a little on the fence about it. I still don't know how a Synchro would get resummoned, or how it would handle going to/being in the hand, but those aren't too important.((Edit: did some more research and found out))

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure not, but should I list Theusaes' effect as a quick effect?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:45:53 am by OceanSoul »

Krashkube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 12:28:01 pm »

finished up my app edits

Krashkube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2017, 05:55:28 pm »

Is this still going?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2017, 05:59:39 pm »

Yeah. Expect picks tonight or tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4