Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! Exit the Shadow Realm (App Based RP with Custom Cards)  (Read 4380 times)

Krashkube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Exit the Shadow Realm (App Based RP with Custom Cards)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 03:48:52 pm »

This sounds interesting, here's my app, I hope these cards are ok

Spoiler: WIP no longer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:26:29 pm by Krashkube »

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 04:01:44 pm »

Just made my account on Duelportal. Also, I still have some question for you about my character, especially whether or not I'll still be able to join.
Does this seem good so far? I'm not that experienced with Yu-Gi-Oh, so I'll have trouble with the background and world, and I may have made some mistakes on wording or something. Does this seem strong enough so far? Also, any suggestions on what my third card (from stats under 2100) should be?
Thanks for your time. :)

...Ninja'd by Eritzap's application. Will this be first-come-first-served, or will you choose who makes it in?
Alright, so lets go over your cards one by one.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 04:27:22 pm »

How do my cards seem?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 04:29:49 pm »

How do my cards seem?
Aside from the minor worry of your fusion spell just being a better polymerization, you should be in the clear. Our suggested nerf is that you should only have it use pendulum monsters, or only summon Spellcasters. Slave magician is supposed to be your turn only, right? It'd be a bit too generic otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:37:04 pm by nuclearwhale »

Krashkube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 04:31:56 pm »

How do my cards look?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 04:34:45 pm »

Cool.

That is a good point. It does lack the ability to be searched as easy as polymerisation though as it lacks the name, so that does make it a bit weaker in that respect. I'll change it to only use pendulum materials though

Yeah Slave Magician is meant to be my turn only.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:43:18 pm by Kansa »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 04:44:23 pm »

How do my cards seem?
Aside from the minor worry of your fusion spell just being a better polymerization, you should be in the clear.

Cool.

That is a good point. It does lack the ability to be searched as easy as polymerisation though as it lacks the name, so that does make it a bit weaker in that respect. I'll change it to only summon spellcasters though

Yeah Slave Magician is meant to be my turn only.

Does your deck start with anything that can search Poly? If not, that isn't much of a downside in your particular circumstance.

I'd make it only able to fusion summon Spellcasters, or perhaps require at least one pendulum monster be used as Fusion material.

How do my cards look?

Man. I used to run Invincible Fortress back in high school. Good times.

I'm sure Nuke will have other comments, but but I think your boss monster should be a bit easier to summon. At the very least, I'd change its rank (and the level of your support monsters) to 5, 7, or 8 so you can use Guardain Spinx, Megarock Dragon, or Exxod as material. You might want to consider giving it alternative summoning conditions as well, as even with those changes, you wont have too many monsters in your deck that you can use to make it.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 04:49:46 pm »

I changed it so it can only use pendulum monsters as materials

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 04:51:17 pm »

I agree with Weirdsound's opinion that your boss and return sphinx should be Level 5 to make them easier to summon. Additionally, Flowing Sand Ambush may be a little bit too powerful in conjunction with Guardian Sphinx, so maybe something like "Special Summon 1 Rock-type monster from your Graveyard. If you special summon a level 4 or lower monster with this effect, this summon is treated as a Flip summon." or something along those lines.

Krashkube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »

I agree with Weirdsound's opinion that your boss and return sphinx should be Level 5 to make them easier to summon. Additionally, Flowing Sand Ambush may be a little bit too powerful in conjunction with Guardian Sphinx, so maybe something like "Special Summon 1 Rock-type monster from your Graveyard. If you special summon a level 4 or lower monster with this effect, this summon is treated as a Flip summon." or something along those lines.

Fair enough, i'll change Flowing Sand Ambush

But i don't see how making Exosphinx a Rank 5/7/8 would make it any easier to summon, as you only have 1 Level 5 (Guardian Sphinx), 1 Level 7 (Megarock Dragon) and 1 Level 8 (Exxod, who is hard enough to bring out), whereas you have 2 level 6s to use (Hieracosphinx and Criosphinx)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 04:58:11 pm »

Fair enough, actually forgot about them and didn't see em while doing a quick look over the deck.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 05:05:58 pm »

Honestly, I'd just make it a trap. It has 'Ambush' in the freaking name. Slow it down a bit to prevent strange OTKs using Guardian Sphinx to clear the field from happening quite as often. If you do that, considering the fact that he only gets one copy of Sphinx, things should be fine. Plus, it would be hilarious to see some of those flip summon effects go off on the opponents turn.

Fair enough, i'll change Flowing Sand Ambush

But i don't see how making Exosphinx a Rank 5/7/8 would make it any easier to summon, as you only have 1 Level 5 (Guardian Sphinx), 1 Level 7 (Megarock Dragon) and 1 Level 8 (Exxod, who is hard enough to bring out), whereas you have 2 level 6s to use (Hieracosphinx and Criosphinx)

Forgot about those guys. Still will be a bit difficult to use I wager. I'd at least take out the 'can only be Xyz Summoned' clause, in case you get the opportunity to make some more support to summon it with more ease later on. I'd also just let it get away with using any level 6 monsters; Your deck gets brain control. You might be able to snag an opponents level 6 if you get lucky.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 05:30:54 pm »

Made the changes to my cards. Not sure how to hold back on the "worrying applications" in a reasonable way that (i think) Duelportal's systems could do. The ideas I do have on that are either limiting the amount of sent-to-gravegard effects that can apply, or limiting the max amount of cards that can be moved by both parts of the effect without the ability to choose the amount of cards moved. There are a few notes/questions for you/future me in the card drafts.

Edit: I added a "summary" of my character's backstory, as well as changing my base card deck to it's TCG Equivalent, from "Roar" to "Realm".
Edit2: I was wondering, where did you get the other 4 players from? y'know, the ones mentioned in the OP? Is the game being hosted, or at least recruited for, on another forum?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:28:00 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 10:17:33 pm »

Edit2: I was wondering, where did you get the other 4 players from? y'know, the ones mentioned in the OP? Is the game being hosted, or at least recruited for, on another forum?

On discord. With members of the community tied to the duelportal app/fake Yu-Gi-Oh card making.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 10:23:12 pm »

Discord, huh? So I guess I won't be able to see their character sheets? That's too bad.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4