Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! Exit the Shadow Realm (App Based RP with Custom Cards)  (Read 4374 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

You were a mighty duelist in your time, but then you bit off more than you could chew; A Shadow Duel. You thought, for some reason, that you could handle it, but you were wrong. Dead wrong.

Now you are trapped in the shadow realm, suffering greatly, with no hope of escape. Unless...

---

This is a Yu-Gi-Oh RP that will take place on discord and http://duelportal.us, a super glitchy Dueling Network ripoff that requires a specific plugin and doesn't work on all browsers. Why are we using such a shitty platform? Because it allows the use of custom cards! You can use the built in Duelportal card creator to do your dirty work, but I recommend using this more powerful third party app for card creation.

Right now we are looking for 1-2 players, as we already have 3-4 signed up from the duel portal community. Follow the instructions here, and post your application and custom cards below. Serious applicants will be invited to the discord channel.

I will be running this game alongside my brother and prominent duel portal community member nuclearwhale. He has a b12 account, and will be helping me answer questions about the custom cards and the software we will be using.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Exit the Shadow Realm (App Based RP with Custom Cards)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:17:58 pm »

Sounds sorta interesting. I MIGHT apply. It seems I need some Microsoft Silverlight to access duelportal. Before I download it, will it work on a Mac?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:36:15 pm »

Silverlight (and by extension, duel portal) works fine on Mac. Just make sure you have a compatible browser. Older versions of Firefox work fine, as does internet explorer.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 02:56:31 pm »

Will Chrome or Safari be fine?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 03:02:19 pm »

Chrome won't work, but a quick google search says Safari should.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 07:27:56 am »

This does sound interesting.
Any advice about custom cards and the "signature" monster?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 07:30:02 am »

Always up for yugioh stuff, give me a bit to post up my application.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:34:22 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 08:31:51 am »

Here's my first version of my application, do tell if I missed anything, or if you have any suggestion or correction to give
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 09:38:52 am »

Spoiler: Character Application (click to show/hide)

I hope the cards aren’t too powerful and are ok.

Also quick question is this going to be under Link rules?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:04:16 pm by Kansa »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 11:15:03 am »

Also quick question is this going to be under Link rules?

No. The app doesn't do Link Rules.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 11:43:39 am »

Spoiler: Cedric (click to show/hide)

Does this seem good so far? I'm not that experienced with Yu-Gi-Oh, so I'll have trouble with the background and world, and I may have made some mistakes on wording or something. Does this seem strong enough so far? Also, any suggestions on what my third card (from stats under 2100) should be?
Thanks for your time. :)

...Ninja'd by Eritzap's application. Will this be first-come-first-served, or will you choose who makes it in?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:33:51 pm by OceanSoul »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 11:47:01 am »

No. The app doesn't do Link Rules.

Cool

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 11:48:54 am »

This does sound interesting.
Any advice about custom cards and the "signature" monster?
In general, you will want your cards to have a bunch of synergy together, and your boss monster to be a genuine threat. The stuff you have right now is a bit on the weak side. A level 6 synchro can have quite a lot more defense than that, and I'd suggest at least 2500, and up to 2800 to match the Geo Genex, the level 6 synchro with the most defense. Additionally, you are going to need search power, which means adding a single word to your cards names to allow them to search each other easily. (I'd Suggest "Holy" since its already on half your cards, and thanks to Konami's TCG censoring of anything even halfway religious, the name isn't already taken.) Since you have the common thread of only being destroyed by battle, make Mechanism search a "Holy" monster from your deck to your hand. Additionally, you don't seem to have a way to summon more than one monster a turn outside the structure deck's capabilities. Perhaps give Bishop a special summon clause, or something like what http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tin_Goldfish has. Mechanical priest could use some serious buffs as well, as the vast majority of spell cards, especially ones still in use, do not target.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 02:16:31 pm »

What about this new version of the cards?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 03:04:12 pm »

Just made my account on Duelportal. Also, I still have some question for you about my character, especially whether or not I'll still be able to join.
Does this seem good so far? I'm not that experienced with Yu-Gi-Oh, so I'll have trouble with the background and world, and I may have made some mistakes on wording or something. Does this seem strong enough so far? Also, any suggestions on what my third card (from stats under 2100) should be?
Thanks for your time. :)

...Ninja'd by Eritzap's application. Will this be first-come-first-served, or will you choose who makes it in?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4