Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Arthurian High Adventure - Sign-ups (OOC Thread)  (Read 13862 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Alright, my team is def going to seek the Wybyd then. Altered action if needed.

Also, Wybyd's aren't like seeds/saplings then? Are they some sort of ancient artifact? I had a good idea what they did, just not what they actually were.

They form naturally to scab over the Primordial Fog, though they grow slowly by themselves and need help to be useful in a human lifetime. Basically they're bits of the land in potentia or whatever? Their name basically means 'World Eggs' if that helps any. If the Wybyd sound vague it's because they're basically Macguffins and I didn't put too much thought into them. Just an excuse for the PCs to shape the land as they want, honestly.

And they kinda are seeds, yeah. Seeds, eggs, whatever. Same difference.

Who would have a reasonable idea of what the Wybyds are, actually?

Anyone who has researched that kind of thing. Most kingdoms want the whole 'Peace and Stability' thing, so they're understandably rare. They are definitely a 'You'll know them when you see them' kind of thing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

So, more or less, anyone will know what it looks like and not just Oxford-trained enchanters or something. Got it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. Exactly.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

hey so

any openings in the party you'd like filled
Black lives matter.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have Owen trying to prepare a ritual to find clues where to go, but if that's a problem I'm fine with your denying him permission and writing that he just heads off to look in likely places.
I don't want to hold things up if I'm chasing a dead end. 

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey so

any openings in the party you'd like filled

Anything besides Enchanter will do.

I have Owen trying to prepare a ritual to find clues where to go, but if that's a problem I'm fine with your denying him permission and writing that he just heads off to look in likely places.
I don't want to hold things up if I'm chasing a dead end. 

Well. You aren't chasing a dead end. It's just that your Ritual as it stands won't be very productive. You can't pinpoint a Wybyd's location with just a Sight Rune. All it'd let you do is remotely search the Fog which is moderately less productive than riding out yourself. But if, say, you added in another Rune like Stone or Wood or Water then that would narrow down the search and make the Ritual worthwhile to conduct. Am I making sense here?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So working with Vincent is worthwhile.
I think I understand but let me check. Just using sight is searching everything there isn't enough detail to be useful, but adding water narrows it down to things like lakes and rivers and so gives more details.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just Sight is: You can see shit which is in the fog. You don't see everything. You just see a small section of it which you can move around to observe other things. Basically it's a magically CCTV you can point/move wherever you want. The problem is that, by itself, it doesn't achieve anything which you couldn't find out by simply riding around in the fog. Doesn't boost your chances of encountering adventure in other words.

However adding in the Water rune lets you narrow in on bodies of water, greatly narrowing down your search area. And given how the Primordial Fog works, that's very useful for finding the Wybyd. Though you still have to go out and retrieve it of course. Does that make sense?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes i think so. As far as performing the ritual goes do you tell us what's needed or do we just make stuff up?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You tell me what you want to do and what Runes you're using for it. I tell you how it'll work out and what you need to perform it. Spoilers: Such a basic ritual won't require anything special to prepare for it so you're fine. Just tell me when you're ready to begin. Probably when Oceansoul sorts his character out.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nnnnnnnneh
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to make a character, but the amount of characters that already exist (meaning time I need to spend looking them over so I don't step on anyone's toes) plus the complexity of the system itself stops me, so I'm expressing this indecisiveness and mild irritation with text-based vocalization.
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. Okay. Well I'm always here if you need help with anything. The system isn't super complicated though. Pretty simple once you realize how XkY works.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

I think it's safe to say I forgot to list Vincent in my action. He got left behind like Kevin in home alone.

Honestly tho, it seems he wanted to do the ritual, then leave with us. At least that was the way I read it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14