Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112104 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Estwalf of Tven!
« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2017, 03:34:31 pm »

You order a quick encircling tactic!

4*

The tactic pays off. The rush of the thick and brutish lizards is quickly met with flanking from both sides. Your soldiers and archers suffer many losses but the amount of the lizardmen goes down steadily as well.

Unlike many battles, the lizardmen don't seem to be inclined to run away as their situation goes worse!

4*

Finally however, the lizardmen are all dead. Their scaled, muscular corpses make your soldiers go silent with awe. Only now you notice that all they had were stones on sticks, leather on wooden frames and such primitive equipment. Truly, it's their monstrous strength and agility what makes them such hard foes, rather than equipment or numbers!

Your officers convene with you as another encampment is spotted; of the same number, at the base of the mountains.

A) Clearly we should march forward and just crush another horde of the stinky lizards!
B) We should ask nearby settlements to provide some numbers and supplies.
C) Let's make a fortified camp and prepare for inevitable moment the lizards move out from under the mountain.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2017, 03:46:17 pm »

That wasn't it? I guess that makes sense; 200 lizardmen is hardly a plague.

Well, the locals will surely be glad to hear about our victory over some of the lizardmen, and thus willing to provide us with supplies and whatnot. Can't hurt to be extra prepared.

B
Long Live United Forenia!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2017, 04:41:23 pm »

Well, the locals will surely be glad to hear about our victory over some of the lizardmen, and thus willing to provide us with supplies and whatnot. Can't hurt to be extra prepared.

B

Seems like there might be an unknown number of camps lurking in the mountains.

You know, I wonder if we could get some elite lizardman units for our army.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2017, 04:47:35 pm »

B Getting some Lizard people of our own would be cool yeah.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2017, 04:55:56 pm »

I like B, it seems a reasonable way to get the feel of things in the area.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 12, 2017, 05:08:58 pm »

B
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 12, 2017, 09:37:25 pm »

Best idea.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 12, 2017, 10:12:01 pm »

Numbers. Factor in context--200 versus our ARMY (medieval armies consisted of far more than that :P), and we just got +1 in numerical superiority until we got a good shot in; they have a base -1 due to armor as it seems, and tactics in the martial way seem best to win against them. We HAVE to use this instead of a one-on-one fight as we will obviously die versus them.

Because we're a Duke and not a King, and this is a lot better than heavy responsibilities as we can flail around with a bit more leeway! :D

...Hold on, this wasn't the 200 lizards?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 13, 2017, 12:30:38 am »

You move your Army few hours west from the mountains as the scouts move even further there to ask nearby villages and garrisons for volunteers and supplies.

Alas! Few peopel are willing or able to provide you with anything; a handful of men with some food arrive.

The scouts report that the activity in that other camp of lizardmen hardly changed. Along with your officers you decide to...

A) March forward and just crush another horde of the stinky lizards!
B) Make a fortified camp and prepare for inevitable moment the lizards move out from under the mountain.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 13, 2017, 01:08:19 am »

If it works for the dwarves, it will work for us. Raid the camp!

A
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 13, 2017, 01:55:33 am »

If it works for the dwarves, it will work for us. Raid the camp!

A
We're humans. Our forte is in our thinking skills. :P
And...it didn't work for us when we worked against the dwarves.

B

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 13, 2017, 02:05:28 am »

I'm just remembering how in spamkingdom 2, we recently won a battle and then we were given the option to mop up some stragglers. We didn't cause we thought it was part of some clever ruse, but it turned out that it wasn't and we ended up regretting it.

I don't want to make that same mistake again.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 13, 2017, 03:17:26 am »

I think, given the choice, I would rather face 200 at a time than 2000 all at once, even with a fortified camp. Raiding their camps one by one seems like a great way to thin out their numbers, perhaps even drive them off without facing them in open battle.

A
Long Live United Forenia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 13, 2017, 03:23:50 am »

A, considering that 200 of the alligatorfolk are an even match for like 3000 of our soldiers I'd definitely urge us to get moving and wipe out as many as possible before they wise up

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 13, 2017, 03:45:47 am »

I'm just remembering how in spamkingdom 2, we recently won a battle and then we were given the option to mop up some stragglers. We didn't cause we thought it was part of some clever ruse, but it turned out that it wasn't and we ended up regretting it.

I don't want to make that same mistake again.
Yes that was my thought :P

I think, given the choice, I would rather face 200 at a time than 2000 all at once, even with a fortified camp. Raiding their camps one by one seems like a great way to thin out their numbers, perhaps even drive them off without facing them in open battle.

A
Until I noticed that this was 'ONE' camp rather than ALL OF THEM. :I

Shifted to A.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 174