Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233340 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - Hardworking Individuals
« Reply #2145 on: March 09, 2018, 03:07:48 pm »

Heal Dwain's injury since it was accidentally caused by me.
Allow this, with aforementioned guardedness.

If time, examine the epicentre of the attack (mental note, until told otherwise: at least three modified-Manhattan steps away might be 'safe'?), and prepared for any more zerg-rushing while I do so.

Any possibility of putting some trail-stuff in one of my vials (and stoppering it up and keeping/wiping the outside clean and not notably smelly!), perhaps by sacrificing a strip of parchment to scoop it into the vial (or clean the knife blade used in scooping)?

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: March 09, 2018, 08:42:12 pm »

Phwew, okay:

Heal Dwain's injury since it was accidentally caused by me.

Using thread, or those spare low-quality bandages left over from the blanket?

Tohil is visibly disgusted by this corrupted fireball etc. etc.

(I'm glad that people feel they can roleplay here.  Whee!)

"What is that thing near the darkness?  A mined one?"
throw a rock with the sling to destroy the mushroom in the middle of the hallway then advance trough the tunnel.

I don't quite follow.  "A mined one"?  Are you looking north or east?  North, and it's your old campfire from the last time you were here, as previously reported.

(mental note, until told otherwise: at least three modified-Manhattan steps away might be 'safe'?)

(First thought: Manhattan's blocks are all rectangular, what are you talking ab-- Second thought: oh.)

Any possibility of putting some trail-stuff in one of my vials (and stoppering it up and keeping/wiping the outside clean and not notably smelly!), perhaps by sacrificing a strip of parchment to scoop it into the vial (or clean the knife blade used in scooping)?

Hmm.  Technically, you were arriving to the location the last time someone tried that.  I can still provide commentary.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: March 10, 2018, 07:13:23 am »

"What is that thing near the darkness?  A mined one?"
throw a rock with the sling to destroy the mushroom in the middle of the hallway then advance trough the tunnel.

I don't quite follow.  "A mined one"?  Are you looking north or east?  North, and it's your old campfire from the last time you were here, as previously reported.

Right I had forgotten that still I will go north to be sure there isn't anything there.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 10, 2018, 02:53:45 pm »

Then I'll want only an answer from Dustan (Dustan Hache) before continuing.  Dwain (Starver) is welcome to comment, but, well, we're probably fine.  And Louis (dustywayfarer)'s intermittent access is making things pretty difficult.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 10, 2018, 06:07:37 pm »

(No real comment, except that I'd totally forgotten that I was here the last time. Remembered the link cale (edit: I think
I meant to type "linked cave" or maybe "page", but something obviously went very wrong!
), but thought it was before I joined. Page 55, back then, page 144 now...  Wow, what a lot of stuff happened between then and now!)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 06:58:42 pm by Starver »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 10, 2018, 06:36:41 pm »

Bandages
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 10, 2018, 07:54:31 pm »

Previous -- Next

Onward!

Dustan switches himself out of "kill 'em all" mode and into "heal people" mode, approaching a guarded Dwain with bandages in hand.  Look, it counts as an apology, okay?  This is yet another sign of a normal and healthy person.

Tohil is displeased.  You call that light??  That was like . . . light-ish, but the opposite!  Goodness, if the underground is gonna be this way, would you be better off dealing with darkness?

Still, you go to work picking up the ant lemming carcasses.  Dwain is curious too.

Spoiler: Observation rolls (click to show/hide)

There looks to have been no lasting damage to the terrain here.  Are the shiny trails, perhaps, wiped away from the surface?  They must be very thin indeed.  Perhaps they're thicker elsewhere.  . . . Oh, is that nearby cluster of mushrooms gone, too?

These creatures themselves never had any good "meat" on them; the damage from the unwise candle makes this all the more clear.  You start filling the one not-completely-full wheelbarrow in case you can sell the bones, but you'll run out of room unless you use other storage.

Gary and Alyssa are both more interested in resting.  John feels like not enough things have suffered blunt trauma today.

It's the rematch of the (checking the date) slightly-more-than-one-week!  These mushroom things paralyzed you once upon a time, or least something like 'em, and you sling a stone straight into the nearby cluster with a mild "splombp."  It does nothing.

Well, you can walk around it.

Yup, there's your old campsite.  And the location your party mined some workstone.  Anything else . . . ?

Tohil (randomgenericusername): for 25 ant lemmings, the total mass is 25 kg, which is a little too much for the wheelbarrow, and your own inventory is basically full.  I've put 8 kg in the wheelbarrow to start.  Anyone willing and able to carry the looted rock hydra leather (3x 4 kg, or even just 2x) out of said wheeled storage contrivance would solve the problem and enable the group to keep all smelly rodentile/insectoid stuff in one place.

Alyssa Alpine (Rautherdir): you seem to be being offered a mace in (temporary) trade.  Since there's no fighting yet, I haven't bothered to make it official on your character sheets.

I commented on Louis (dustywayfarer)'s character: I'll probably have to retire the character once you reach civilization again, even if there are continued intermittent posts.  Reducing oddities in the scenes is good for it's own sake, but remember that my goal is to kill people so that new players can come in, and artificially protecting somebody goes against that.

Thanks to plot timing, this will fit just fine.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:58:49 pm by Sir Knight »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 11, 2018, 09:24:00 am »

(We should butcher the lemmings to get the skulls, since they are lighter. Then we blast the workstone with the wands and put it on the wheelbarrows and our inventories. This could probably get me enough money for the Roaring Axe and some to buy some stuff for everyone else. The original exiles still have that etherstone bars and extra opal in the lockboxes that they can sell for even more opal.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 11, 2018, 09:51:54 am »

Tohil (randomgenericusername): for 25 ant lemmings, the total mass is 25 kg, which is a little too much for the wheelbarrow, and your own inventory is basically full.  I've put 8 kg in the wheelbarrow to start.  Anyone willing and able to carry the looted rock hydra leather (3x 4 kg, or even just 2x) out of said wheeled storage contrivance would solve the problem and enable the group to keep all smelly rodentile/insectoid stuff in one place.
With some shuffling, I could take at least some of the leathers. Details to be arranged, although...

(We should butcher the lemmings to get the skulls, since they are lighter. Then we blast the workstone with the wands and put it on the wheelbarrows and our inventories. This could probably get me enough money for the Roaring Axe and some to buy some stuff for everyone else. The original exiles still have that etherstone bars and extra opal in the lockboxes that they can sell for even more opal.)
(We're on the edge of capacity. I think mining of 'mere' workstone isn't useful. OTOH, if Louis won't complain at all, there's some major capacity in his inventory, at least until we get where it'll be usefully salable at. Details to be looked at by players and GM alike, but it's a thought. As is "what if we laoad up on Workstone, then find an Unobtnium deposit another half way back to the traders?", so we should probably leave some spare space, each time, even if we eat it up a little more each time there's just such an option.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 11, 2018, 10:00:10 am »

(We should at least have some so we can sell it for workstone equipment. It's also somewhat valuable.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: March 11, 2018, 11:27:59 am »

go investigate the antlemming tunnels. Where there's antlemmings, there's probably antlions..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: March 11, 2018, 12:10:04 pm »

Trade my mace for Alyssa's sword like she said last turn. Follow Dustan in silence and prepare for combat.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 11, 2018, 12:19:16 pm »

We should butcher the lemmings to get the skulls, since they are lighter.

Totally valid, and I encourage this.  Recall that you have spare time for butchery whenever you camp overnight, and it's currently evening: as soon as you leave this map I will advance the clock.

So any inventory fiddling right now is temporary at best.  I mean, whether you fought these ant lemmings or not, overnight you'd cut some meat off of that 50 kg standing jellyfish carcass, so you'll have further spare weight!

With some shuffling, I could take at least some of the leathers. Details to be arranged, although...

The values are wiggly enough that you could just plop your hammer and chisel into the wheelbarrow.  There's this margin, you see, and it wasn't worth the time to post all the math up there.  Shall we go with that?

OTOH, if Louis won't complain at all, there's some major capacity in his inventory

I cannot speak to the relative availability of loot, of course, but if we have to use Louis (dustywayfarer) as a brief pack mule just to get us into town, then I'm fine with glossing over it.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 11, 2018, 12:26:17 pm »

keep throwing rocks at the mushroom is not like you have something better to do.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 11, 2018, 12:45:45 pm »

Accept the trade.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 173