Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233338 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - Hardworking Individuals
« Reply #2130 on: March 08, 2018, 04:12:40 am »

"Why nobody told me I was on fire?"

retreat a bit to see the explosion from a safe distance
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 08, 2018, 06:14:41 am »

Seeing everyone run for cover, I follow Dwain and cover myself.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 08, 2018, 09:41:11 am »

Oh̥̺͖͖ ͏̻͖̝̪̣ͅb͚o͕̜͈̦̤͡y͈̠,͎͔͇a̢̟̦ ̘͔̯̹̣t̬͘e͍͚͕͇̝͈s̲͚͡t

Is it possible to create objects that help with magic rolls? Just asking,because i fully intend to figure out what its rules are,hence the "occultist" occupation,

Zalgo text seems a bit much though. I am planning to create an edgy character,not an insane one,this time. ZuG zUg.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:56:08 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 08, 2018, 11:04:44 am »

"Retreating behind the front lines does not help if the front lines follow you. Dustan, I may have accidentally stabbed myself with my Javelin, any chance you could help patch that up while you're offering medical assistance to people?"

Continue taking cover behind the wheelbarrows.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 08, 2018, 11:22:07 am »

Gary, seeing the others bracing for something, does the same.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 08, 2018, 12:16:44 pm »

Is it possible to create objects that help with magic rolls? Just asking,because i fully intend to figure out what its rules are,hence the "occultist" occupation,

So, like a spell focus or somesuch?  So far we've seen religious characters using holy symbols in an effort to boost their rolls.  I tend not to give bonuses all the time, though, because in this qualitative dice system a "permanent +1" means "you should just remove the lowest entry from the roll table, come on."  So there it was situational and involved roleplaying.

The rules of magic had been promised by the idea of "bloodbinding" once upon a visit.  You may want to think about those once they are revealed.  You could, perhaps, fabricate a related power for your character to have--a single power, something about as strong as the bonuses and benefits that other players get.  Alternately, you could just say that your skill is in crafting "occult items"--perhaps you'd be kinda like an alchemist making potions and one-use boosts.

Stuff to contemplate.

Hey, looks like that's everyone except Louis (dustywayfarer).  For all I know, he wants to sling one more attack, but it seems likely he'd stay behind cover.  Onward!  (Unless I hear otherwise.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 08, 2018, 02:03:02 pm »

(Once we get to the city, can I change from "martial type class" to "religious type class"? I might roleplay it a little, like having some sort of divine revelation regarding the sun and the underground.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 08, 2018, 02:32:04 pm »

(Once we get to the city, can I change from "martial type class" to "religious type class"? I might roleplay it a little, like having some sort of divine revelation regarding the sun and the underground.)

Oh, sure, no problem.  You've obviously been playing up the religion angle more than the knightly part of your character.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 09, 2018, 11:16:03 am »

Previous -- Next

That's weird; how come I didn't put "struck down" notices in those other updates?  I've fixed it.

And now comes my favorite part: the part where we look at the combat round order and find out what happens.  Together!

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . John, Dustan, Dwain, John's unwise candle, the ant lemmings.

(Aww, you lucked out.)

Spoiler: Violence by proxy (click to show/hide)

Quick retreat!  Everyone keeps an eye on the general area but attempts to back up to a safe distance.  What's a "safe distance"?  Who knows?

With a freakish green flash, the unwise candle detonates into light that sprays out in arbitrary-yet-menacing rays all around its resting place.  The ant lemming stream is caught full force, the power seeming to draw vital matter out from each one's gaunt body, leaving trails of blood or ichor.  It's like pulling the plug in the washbasin of life!

Ant lemming has been struck down! x8

(I wonder how old the idea of a plugged washbasin is, and whether I should find some more medieval-appropriate alternative.  Eh.)

Metaphors notwithstanding, they are dead afterward and there's no sign of the burnt candle that pulled it off.  The smell of vanilla remains.  All else seems quiet.

As usual, I drew a visible "flare" on the map for fun, but it's all over and they're all dead now.  As far as you can tell.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 09, 2018, 11:45:12 am »

Heal Dwain's injury since it was accidentally caused by me.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 09, 2018, 11:50:06 am »

Tohil is visibly disgusted by this corrupted fireball. The green flash almost seems like a mockery of the light of the sun. Instead of being vigorous, it seemed to literally drain the life of those creatures who shared it's light. Instead of being warm, it was deathly cold for the monsters. No screams, no burns. Just silence.

Start gathering the ant lemming corpses and dumping them in the wheelbarrow. Inspect closely those that were reached by the green light.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 09, 2018, 12:29:03 pm »

Gary leans against the pillar in the center of the room, still a little dizzy from his incredibly sudden waking.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 09, 2018, 01:03:24 pm »

"What is that thing near the darkness?  A mined one?"
throw a rock with the sling to destroy the mushroom in the middle of the hallway then advance trough the tunnel.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 09, 2018, 02:22:09 pm »

"Well, if anyone wants to go explore the hive, go ahead. I'll wait here since I'm almost dead, and if any of you want I'll reopen my offer of lending my sword out to one of you."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 09, 2018, 02:40:53 pm »

"Well, swords and axes have been always been my style. I would like to trade weapons, I don't have space for another and it wouldn't be fair to leave a fellow warrior unarmed."
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 173