Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233433 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - A Friendly Face
« Reply #1905 on: February 14, 2018, 11:29:31 am »

If you give me the unaltered prices for the items I am selling, I'll do the math and give you the total opal I will get back.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 14, 2018, 01:15:00 pm »

sell my sickle, waterskins and the seeds then refill the keg and ask around about the seeds.

If nobody opposes sell the damages tunic and hood in the wheelbarrows and the rock hydra corpse
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - Lazy Times
« Reply #1907 on: February 14, 2018, 03:01:39 pm »

"Civilization! It's a miracle! Praised be the holy Sun!"

Sell these things!
Waterskin (surface leather)
Damaged tunic (wall tiger leather)
Mining helmet (iron)

Ask about price and uses, but don't sell yet:
5 Presumed-bindstone
Start using my jellyfish waterskin and transfer the water from my old one to it or just refill it.

Ask if there are nearby holy places (like a chapel) I could pray at for divine guidance. Inquire about underground religion and other inhabited settlements from humans or civilised creatures that live in the caverns.

Also ask how much it would be to fix my rock hydra damaged tunic.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:11:06 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 14, 2018, 05:38:05 pm »

sell my sickle, waterskins and the seeds then refill the keg and ask around about the seeds.

Typo?

And, yeah, it's clear that I should just post the trade info.  I have totals and everything.  I'll get to that tonight if reality doesn't stop me.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 14, 2018, 08:36:27 pm »

Typo?

And, yeah, it's clear that I should just post the trade info.  I have totals and everything.  I'll get to that tonight if reality doesn't stop me.

I have 1 kg of cavereed seeds I want to sell them and discover for what they use them.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 14, 2018, 09:27:39 pm »

Previous -- Next

Got it.  Now ready to get things moving.

There is a healthy interest in trade.  Some helpful folks present to you recent items sold at the Halfway House; they don't manufacture much themselves here, and so their stock depends on making sales with people like you.

John asks about the seeds gathered from cavereed on the journey.  Etrigan strokes his beard.  "Hard to find a buyer, really," he says in the end.  "Cavereed is essential to life down here, but there's no market value for it: the ruling families in Rock Bottom seize it and distribute it by what they think everybody needs.  Bring it to the Hlaf family and they'll probably trade you for it--they make bread."

Tohil inquires about matters of armor, both religious and leathery.  "Ah, that first one's another for the ruling families.  Theia.  Theia does religion.  They try to be all-accommodating, too, which I'm sure makes things a bit cramped.  As to repairing armor, well, it's a question of lifespan, really: do you have the time to wait for your suit to be ready again?  Most of us find it more practical to sell damaged outfits to those who can use the leather, and buy a brand-new suit at the same time.  But we don't have any rock hydra goods today, sorry; you'll want to head to Rock Bottom, again."

When Bob appears (with Dwain), efforts arise at selling a recent craft.  Etrigan's beard is getting a good workout today.  "Why did you carve a mug out of raw bindstone?  It's not like we can't work metal down here--in fact, I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd prefer you just brought home the ore.  I don't know . . . 6 opal?"

. . . Now the lists!

I listed everything whether you mentioned it in this thread or not.  Some specifics:

I included all waterskins you're carrying beyond just one each.  This is because John (ziizo)'s still got that huge water keg.  Ignore if you want.

I didn't list glass vials (which would get you 2.5 opal each) or vile vials (52.5 opal) for quest reasons, but if you're curious there you go.

I listed Tohil (randomgenericusername)'s spare tunic of surface fabric.  However, per recent discussion, you might want to turn that into bandages instead of selling it.

Totals:

Dustan (Dustan Hache): 36.5 opal (so far, you've listed items worth 19.5 opal if you sold them)
John (ziizo): 62 opal (so far 37 opal)
Alyssa Alpine (Rautherdir): 92.5 opal
Dwain (Starver): 67.5 opal
Gary (Coolrune206): 3.5 opal
Bob (magmaholic): 39.5 opal (so far 29.5 opal)
Louis (dustywayfarer): 30 opal
Tohil (randomgenericusername): 80.5 opal (so far 14.5 opal, and selling all bindstone would be 50 more)
The second group's wheelbarrow: 148.5 opal (John talked about using 40.5 opal)
The third group's wheelbarrow: 170 opal (all 170 noted by John)
Plus, there's that standing jellyfish carcass: 50 opal

Do you want to sell something I didn't list, like your old weapons or armor?  As usual for an RPG, you'll get half of the buying price.  See the first posts for the "known equipment" lists.  As usual, everything in "Armor and weapons" and "Items" is available to buy here.  Here's special gear for this visit:

As a reminder, the Halfway House's assortment is random.  Rock Bottom, however, will let you buy any special gear whatsoever as long as you sell them some of the raw materials to make more of the stuff.  Keep that in mind when deciding what to sell (e.g., you can sell the rock hydra carcass to keep it from rotting, but you might hold onto the rock hydra leathers for later sale).

(And keep in mind that some items are worth much more than their weight, like those sickles, or less, like the coal.  Your inventory is completely full.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:05:23 pm by Sir Knight »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: February 14, 2018, 09:57:03 pm »

"right, this junk is worth roughly fifteen opal? Give me three rations and half a opal, and we'll call it even"

continue with the trade for 15.6 opal. Buy 3 units of food.
I did the math for 80% of the listed value. There you go.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 14, 2018, 10:49:17 pm »

"I think an upgrade might be good."

Sell my sword, and all the noted goods in my inventory except one of the glowstone. Buy a Fine Sword.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 14, 2018, 11:03:17 pm »

"Hey everyone, I've been carrying someone's iron; whosever it is, they probably had a ridiculous plan for it before I got my hands on it. I'll sell a few unless they feel like paying me for my exertions. One or two opal per bar is fine, I'm not in the mood to rip someone off who might stab me senseless later."

Louis trades his damaged, surface-leather pack for a sling and takes the change in opal, swapping all items to the undamaged scaled-turkey leather backpack. After doing that, he half-heartedly hunts for a sturdy string to turn his rock-hydra tooth into a neck-pendant. Perhaps someone has thought to make string and rope out of the reeds? Distracted, Louis finds himself by the pool, strips, and goes for a swim. Is there something at the bottom of the pool?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 15, 2018, 06:18:01 am »

"I think an upgrade might be good."

Sell my sword, and all the noted goods in my inventory except one of the glowstone. Buy a Fine Sword.
"Why not do your doctor a favor and get a healknife? You might find it helps you survive longer."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 15, 2018, 07:58:01 am »

Dwain (Starver)
--Damaged tunic (wall tiger leather): 10 opal
--Waterskin (surface leather or standing jellyfish leather): 2x 1 opal each
--Cultist hood (wall tiger leather): 3.5 opal
--Sickle (iron): 35 opal
--Dagger (iron): 2x 6 opal each
--Etherstone: 1 kg metal bars, 5 opal
Exchanging Damaged Tunic (+10 opal) and the worn Tunic (+40 opal) for a Fine Tunic (-80 opal), as I might as well add a weakened success to hits. (net: 30 opal in debt)
Sell one waterskin (the empty surface leather one) keep the other (fill at first opportunity) to keep alongside the one you already have me keeping. (29 in debt, rolling total)
Keep the (non-worn) cultist hood. (The one I wear already gives proof of the mission undertaken at the next stop, but the second one might be useful for someone else to benefit from 'bragging rights' as well.)

I have a knife (12 opal?) as well as the two daggers you give (6 opal each). Can you (re)clarify the practical differences between them?  I'm considering whether to sell the sickle (no butchery, added sharpness in attack, doubtless enhances casual harvesting opportunities), to already take me into 6opal 'profit', but I'll wait upon the above query answered first.

Keeping the etherstone, for the moment, though 12+2*6+5 would cover the owed amount, if I decide to sell all the knife-likes, keeping sickle for any non-butchery sharp needs.

I'm not dipping into the communal pot unless absolutely necessary, but let's resolve the above first.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 15, 2018, 09:16:05 am »

sell the sickle, 1 pick and the the three waterskins then buy three meals
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:49:38 am by ziizo »

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 15, 2018, 09:59:41 am »

Does having your equipment made in the town take materials AND money? Does it even work like that,or do i need a smithing job and do it myself?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:27:49 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 15, 2018, 10:37:47 am »

Gary nods thoughtfully.

"As I am wearing its head, I think it's therefore safe to say that the fate of the corpse of the Rock Hydra should belong to me.

I suggest we buy a fine shield and outfit yours truly with it.
I'm already somewhat armored, and with a shield I will be your unmovable bastion! Until I get distracted and run off.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 15, 2018, 10:45:07 am »

Gary nods thoughtfully.

"As I am wearing its head, I think it's therefore safe to say that the fate of the corpse of the Rock Hydra should belong to me.

I suggest we buy a fine shield and outfit yours truly with it.
I'm already somewhat armored, and with a shield I will be your unmovable bastion! Until I get distracted and run off.
"
"that's not how it works, Gary. Just because you chose to rip the head off of Dwain's kill does not mean you have the right to sell it off. If anything, it should be Dwain who chooses what we do with it. Also, did anyone tell you what I do to thieves?"
Block Gary from selling the corpse off without Dwain's permission.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 173