Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Piracy! (6/6) *Accepting Waitlisters*  (Read 3681 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Piracy! (6/6) *Accepting Waitlisters*
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 05:51:28 pm »

((I see only a good honest brown font, scalawag!))
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:54:28 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 05:54:37 pm »

((My apologies good sir, my eyes aren't what they used to be  ;) ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 06:21:04 pm »

Sharkmeal puts his peg leg up on the table, idly passing bits of bread to his parrot* and regaling the others at the table with tales of piracy, whether they seem interested or not.

"So I say, as the Navy man was coughin', bleedin' and carryin' on, that's why they call 'im Walrus." So, what brings th' rest o' ye to this here fine establishment?

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

Well, the parrot's fine, but I feel like, unless I give everyone a gun & sword, it'll be kinda unbalanced.

Avanti!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 06:31:55 pm »

((Alright, I changed the description.))
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 07:13:37 pm »

"Seems like a fine establishment as any, maybe I can finally get some information about the situation here in the Isles" - Daerio mildly mumbles to himself

Go near the merchants haggling with each other, first perceive their clothing and general appearance to see if they are the type of people to know anything about current events or are just commoners, and than even if it seems like they don't, still try to start a light chat with them with introduction and such.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 07:52:50 pm »

Andrew enters the bar and takes a seat at a table. He seems nervous, looking around constantly, on the lookout for guards.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 08:04:01 pm »

Sally speaks somewhat nervously, and has very little input.

"Errr... Yarr."

Upon noting the door at the back of the room, Sally is curious.

"Hmm... Could one of yo- I mean, one of yarr do something big to cause a ruckus? Anything at all. Yarr. Maybe a drunken shanty, or maybe a bar fight. Something to distract everyone. I'd like to take a look back there."

Assuming someone does make a distraction (which to be honest, they probably will), Sally attempts to nonchalantly walk over to the door and enter it. If the door is locked, she quickly turns around and walks back to her seat. If no distraction is created, she simply sits still, looking disappointed.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 08:45:38 pm »

I got ye, lass!

Sharkmeal marches to the center of the room, and stomps his peg leg loudly into the floor.

All ye bilgerats lissen up! I got me an announcement t' make!
My mods and forum games.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 08:48:43 pm »

Demurely turning his head, Reggie looks at the boisterous captain. "What's the happy news, good sir?", he says, smirking.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 09:00:32 pm »

There be...

Sharkmeal hesistates. He obviously didn't think too far ahead. Suddenly, his face goes sinister.

a curse here.

Sharkmeal stomps over before the fireplace, dramatically silhouetting himself.

I been on the sea fer many a year, and I know a curse when I see one. Can ye' not feel it? This place has the anger of the Voodoo gods upon it. This fire burns dimmer than it should. The birds sing doom outside. And this!

The captain suddenly points to a scuff mark on the floor.

This, be the mark of a WOMAN SCORNED!

Sharkmeal pauses to gauge the crowd.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:06:57 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 09:11:31 pm »

"...Really."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 09:16:28 pm »

Oscar watches Sharkmeal, shaking his head sadly. A vague curse isn't much of a distraction... the crowd want something more visceral than that!

"Only a mother's boy would know to look for a mark like that on the floor.

What, did you cling to her skirts when you were a lad as she scrubbed the floors for your table scraps?
"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 09:04:43 am »

((I just noticed how similar my sheet is to Enemy post's, and seeing that there can only be one Captain on any self-respecting Pirate vessel, I'll make a new sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 04:50:53 pm »

Listen in on the merchants, trying to discern what they're haggling over.
A little eavesdropping never hurt anyone, so you turn your eyes and ears to the merchants. Between them, on a small table, is a small cask, and as you lean in, your nose catches a whiff of something. The cask seems to contain dry spice, although as to what sort, you can't tell.

"My word, what a charmingly dreary establishment."

Go chat with the man drinking alone, make pleasant introductions.
You walk over to the man drinking alone, and say hello to the man.
(2)
Unfortunately, he just gives a low grumble, and mutters "I'm alone here for a reason, you know." in a low tone.

"Seems like a fine establishment as any, maybe I can finally get some information about the situation here in the Isles" - Daerio mildly mumbles to himself

Go near the merchants haggling with each other, first perceive their clothing and general appearance to see if they are the type of people to know anything about current events or are just commoners, and than even if it seems like they don't, still try to start a light chat with them with introduction and such.
(4)
The merchants seem to be wearing the sort of clothes that, while of cheap materials, try to make the most out of poor fabric. Anyway, one of them seems particularly stern, with a mild scowl on his face, where the other has a strained smile. Stepping up to them, you introduce yourself, and ask if you may join the conversation.
(5)
They heartily agree, and as you ask about events, the smiling man offhandedly mentions a beached tradeship on a nearby island, and the scowling one says that some kind of 'Circus Troupe' is visiting.

There be...

Sharkmeal hesistates. He obviously didn't think too far ahead. Suddenly, his face goes sinister.

a curse here.

Sharkmeal stomps over before the fireplace, dramatically silhouetting himself.

I been on the sea fer many a year, and I know a curse when I see one. Can ye' not feel it? This place has the anger of the Voodoo gods upon it. This fire burns dimmer than it should. The birds sing doom outside. And this!

The captain suddenly points to a scuff mark on the floor.

This, be the mark of a WOMAN SCORNED!

Sharkmeal pauses to gauge the crowd.
(3)
At your declaration, the the man drinking alone turns his head toward you, the server pauses in his walk, and the bartender gives you an odd look, and begins muttering about crazy voodoo doctors. However, the merchants continue haggling. Everyone seems to be waiting for you to continue.

Oscar watches Sharkmeal, shaking his head sadly. A vague curse isn't much of a distraction... the crowd want something more visceral than that!

"Only a mother's boy would know to look for a mark like that on the floor.

What, did you cling to her skirts when you were a lad as she scrubbed the floors for your table scraps?
"
(6)
At this, the merchants cease arguing, and look toward you. In addition, the bartender's face grows red, and walks out of his serving area, marches toward you, and shouts, "I will not have you starting a fight in MY tavern!". Hmm, seems you hit a sore point.

Sally speaks somewhat nervously, and has very little input.

"Errr... Yarr."

Upon noting the door at the back of the room, Sally is curious.

"Hmm... Could one of yo- I mean, one of yarr do something big to cause a ruckus? Anything at all. Yarr. Maybe a drunken shanty, or maybe a bar fight. Something to distract everyone. I'd like to take a look back there."

Assuming someone does make a distraction (which to be honest, they probably will), Sally attempts to nonchalantly walk over to the door and enter it. If the door is locked, she quickly turns around and walks back to her seat. If no distraction is created, she simply sits still, looking disappointed.
(3)
Walking over, the bartender barely spares you a glance before going back to Oscar. You attempt to wiggle open the door, and it opens up just a crack, getting stuck on a loose floorboard. From what you can see, however...
(1)
Well, a fairly standard back room. A few other doors, including a hatch leading down, a pot bubbling over a fire, jars and casks, all full of alcohol and cooking supplies... and a stunned cook, with one arm lost, just about to open the door. Soon, his astonishment turns into a frown. "What on earth are you tryin' a do?", he says.

----------

Inventories & Status

Spoiler: Oscar Cordoba (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sally Tiller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Andrew Handin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reginald Nix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daerio Gustin (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 04:53:40 pm »

"Relax, friend, I'm just trying to make new acquaintances."

Try once again to persuade this surly gentleman into conversing with me.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3