Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Piracy! (6/6) *Accepting Waitlisters*  (Read 3674 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Piracy! (6/6) *Accepting Waitlisters*
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 04:54:38 pm »

Sally is rather surprised. She drops her false accent.

"O-oh. This is not some kind of... restroom? I must have been mistaken. My most sincere apologies, sir. I will leave now."

Sally shuts the door and walks back to her table, sulking.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 05:26:36 pm »

Oscar watches Sharkmeal, shaking his head sadly. A vague curse isn't much of a distraction... the crowd want something more visceral than that!

"Only a mother's boy would know to look for a mark like that on the floor.

What, did you cling to her skirts when you were a lad as she scrubbed the floors for your table scraps?
"
(6)
At this, the merchants cease arguing, and look toward you. In addition, the bartender's face grows red, and walks out of his serving area, marches toward you, and shouts, "I will not have you starting a fight in MY tavern!". Hmm, seems you hit a sore point.

Oscar bows his head slightly, and leans in toward the bartender.

"My apologies, good sir, but I cannot sit idly by when someone makes up such nonsense about a fine establishment such as this. As I'm sure you know, us sailors can be a superstitious bunch, and I will not allow false gossip to spread and affect your business!"

If he responds positively, ask him if he knows anything anywhere to get a ship, supplies, and a half-decent sword.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 08:25:45 pm »

"Seems like a fine establishment as any, maybe I can finally get some information about the situation here in the Isles" - Daerio mildly mumbles to himself

Go near the merchants haggling with each other, first perceive their clothing and general appearance to see if they are the type of people to know anything about current events or are just commoners, and than even if it seems like they don't, still try to start a light chat with them with introduction and such.
(4)
The merchants seem to be wearing the sort of clothes that, while of cheap materials, try to make the most out of poor fabric. Anyway, one of them seems particularly stern, with a mild scowl on his face, where the other has a strained smile. Stepping up to them, you introduce yourself, and ask if you may join the conversation.
(5)
They heartily agree, and as you ask about events, the smiling man offhandedly mentions a beached tradeship on a nearby island, and the scowling one says that some kind of 'Circus Troupe' is visiting.
Daerio thinks to himself "A beached trade vessel seems interesting enough to start with I guess"

Daerio than leans across the table the two merchants are on and than goes on to lie to the merchants for information "Sorry for the distractions these folks are doing, it's pretty much a common practice for the withered and poor to desire attention. Anyways you see that I'm an investor of sorts. This docked tradeship seems interesting enough. Could you help a person with some information, maybe you could tell me where it at? Maybe it's part of a trading fleet or even a treasure fleet...? Not really acquainted with the Isles, you see"

Apologize to the poor merchants about the background for our discussion, still try to lie/deceive them so that their convinced I'm the type of person you may want to help. Finally, try to ask information about this tradeship

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:32:42 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 08:35:16 pm »

Sharkmeal stares ferociously at Oscar's challenge for a moment, and scans the others before continuing.

Now, if'n I may continue free of interruptions from folk who's daddies were in diapers back when I took to sailin'...

Sharkmeal pauses to think about what to say next.

...As I be say'n, I've seen curses like this a'fore. This sort of thing happens when a young lass is burned alive on her wedding day by the man she thought was her lover!

dramatic pause

She must be hauntin' this place because the man who did it once frequented such establishments...Mayhap some here have already begun t' feel the effects. Anyone? Bad luck or bad times, through no fault of ye own?

Sharkmeal looks directly at Sally, hoping for assistance perhaps?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:56:39 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 11:04:50 am »

Andrew decides to investigate the rumors he had heard about this place. He goes up to the bar and flags down the bartender.
"So, I heard this was a place where one could find a ship. Any truth to that,"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 [3]