Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Castle: Gate Team 0143  (Read 6047 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Gate Team 0143
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2017, 02:49:26 pm »

((Yes, it does, Mythbusters actually tested it.))
((Not very well, if I recall correctly))

Anthony fires his SMG at the target
((It was actually comparable to the standard stance.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2017, 08:37:47 pm »

Without looking up. "Sorry sir I would but ya see I'm currently conjuring at the moment and already have a bit of training in small firearms."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2017, 08:47:07 pm »

"...Hey!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2017, 03:02:32 am »

"Don't I know you from somewhere?" Ricardo says as he grabs two pistols from the table and straps an SMG over his shoulder.

((Dual wielding works if you have proficiency in the weapon, it is close range and single target))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2017, 06:36:07 am »

[Zapp]

Zapp walks up, and picks up a pistol, she doesn't actually want to do this, she's much rather just throw swords at the targets.
Why can't the targets be swords? Swords are much better. They're even smaller and harder, so it'd be a true test of skill and strength.

But anyway, Zapp goes to one of the booths, she tries to fire, but she still hasn't loaded the gun (you don't store firearms loaded), the magazine is in, but it's an empty one.
"Why no... boom?"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2017, 07:55:26 pm »

Ricardo sighs and helps Zapp with the gun.

"It's not loaded. these boxes with the shiny cylinders in them need to be in, and the one currently in your gun is out of ammo. And the safety is on."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:16 pm »

The fire instructor nods approvingly at all the training and helping out that's happening. Things are looking well, and as long as nobody look down the barrel of their own gun or try pointing it at other people, he might just not need to tackle anyone today.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2017, 12:21:04 pm »

[Zapp]

Zapp looks at Ricardo.
"Why not shoot swords? Swords much better, swords best."
Zapp takes a shot at the target, and then drops the gun.
"Owie, boom loud. Why boom loud?"
Zapp rubs her ears.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2017, 07:40:04 pm »

"It's loud because inside the shiny cylinder, an explosion pushes a bit of metal through the barrel. As the gases from the explosion come out the barrel, so does the noise. It can be quietened with a suppresser, but there are very few truly silent guns."

"Why not swords? can you throw swords thousands of..." Ricardo pauses as he works out a unit Zapp would understand, "paces? Thousands and thousands of steps? Even if you could, you would exhaust yourself quickly. can you throw one-thousand-two-hundred swords every minute? Why can't guns shoot swords? Swords are a bad shape for guns. You can't fit a sword down a barrel and nor are they aerodynamic or stable projectiles like bullets are."

"The noise is also a reason to wear your helmet as it automatically dampens noise above a certain level of decibels."

Ricardo steps into a firing booth and pops targets as they pop up. "I've had years of training as an Akras security officer, so you probably won't be able to hit anything as often or accurately as me or my fellow Terrans who have training." Even that said, the spread of his bullets are tight but not perfect. As another target pops up, he lapses into Spanish (which is automatically translated), "Dos balas en el pecho." Two bullets ripped open holes in the chest of the paper figure. "Entonces uno en la cabeza" a hole appears in the head of the paper figure

((Two bullets in the chest... then one in the head.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2017, 08:31:44 pm »

It seems that the practice only managed to teach the Gaians gun safety and make them feel bad about themselves for not being better with guns.

But point are made, Guns are good. Don't get shot by guns. Don't be bad or you'll get shot by guns. Very loud guns.

"Alright Kiddies, looks like you're not now completely and utterly useless. Drop by for practice often and maybe, MAYBE, you'll be worth a damn. Go to First Aid training in medical."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2017, 08:35:16 pm »

Hmm, perhaps. . .
As Anthony fires at the targets, he attempts to use his power over the wind or increase his accuracy.

((EDIT: got ninjad by the GM :( ))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2017, 09:37:42 pm »

[Zapp]

"Swords cut things in half. Swords fly far, sword very aerodynamic, planes have sword wings. Swords are best."
Zapp didn't really accomplish much at the firing range, as she hadn't gotten her helmet just yet. As she was a non-Terran, even if she was more integrated than most Gaians.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2017, 12:10:53 am »

"Planes do not have swords for wings. They have wings shaped very specifically so that they will fly. Swords do not have that ability and even if they did have the same ability plane wings have, you can't use that ability to throw them. Swords are not aerodynamic. You can throw knives semi-effectively but even then they're much less effective than a gun."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2017, 01:44:27 pm »

[Zapp]

"They are, and turbines have many swords. Swords cut through air, bricks don't cut. You blind to swords, swords best."
Zapp crosses her arms, and turns away from Ricardo.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2017, 01:48:52 pm »

"No they don't."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15