Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Castle: Gate Team 0143  (Read 6046 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Gate Team 0143
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2017, 09:15:21 pm »

"Look, little one, I am a huge fan of up close and personal fighting." Ricardo cracks his knuckles to emphasise his point, "but even I agree that melee and melee weaponry comes second to ranged weaponry. My shotgun fires lots of pellets in a spread and is capable of severely fucking up a lot of targets from hundreds of meters away. My fists? Maybe five targets one after the other or two at a time from point blank. My knives? I could throw them or I could use them in melee. Pistols? Flamethrowers? Infinitely more capable than my fists. If you can prove me wrong, i will change my mind."

"Throwing a sword accomplishes one thing: you've lost a melee weapon and you would have been better off throwing a knife. Even if they were effective you would need to lug around a dozen or so swords to compete with even these piss-weak noncombatant pistols."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2017, 04:49:10 pm »

[Zapp]

"Then I bring dozen swords!"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2017, 06:37:48 pm »

After concluding his firing practice (to as yet undetermined effect), Anthony follows orders and proceeds to Medical for first aid training
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2017, 08:42:58 pm »

Sertan follows Anthony to Medical, glad that they don't have to listen to Zapp and Ricardo go back and forth about swords.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2017, 08:44:45 pm »

[Zapp]

"Then I bring dozen swords!"
"And what happens when you've thrown a dozen swords at the enemy and they're still not dead?  You're out of swords."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:08:03 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2017, 11:29:11 pm »

"You and me then. Later, we'll both go to the range together; you with a dozen swords and me with my shotgun, SMG and pistols. Most targets killed in a minute. What do you say? We can even do a melee simulation; me with my fists and you with your swords."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2017, 01:54:45 pm »

[Zapp]

"Then you throw bad. And I need time to make swords, first."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2017, 02:07:49 pm »

"What happens if there's an enemy you can't hurt with your swords?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2017, 11:04:03 pm »

[Zapp]

"There is none."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2017, 11:07:27 pm »

Ricardo laughs. "Really? I would think that a sword would have issues killing any Akras vehicle."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2017, 02:12:48 pm »

[Zapp]

"I cut vehicles in half! Vehicle swords weak, mine best."
Zapp has never even touched a vehicle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2017, 02:32:37 pm »

"No. You don't."
Sigtext

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #207 on: April 23, 2017, 05:02:00 pm »

"Not that this isn't fun, but... we should really move on."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2017, 02:08:25 pm »

You seems to have arrived at the next training station while bickering about throwing swords.

It, of course, is the whitest, cleanest place you've seen so far. Still true even if you were already working for Akras, it's clinically clean after all.

Sitting on a chair next to a desk that has a first aid kit opened and it's contents laid out is a labcoat-wearing young man who looks like he's so tired of this shit and have places he'd rather be than here.

"Alright you lots, First aid is important yadi-yada-yadi-yada it keeps you alive and you all should know it. Who knows healing and isn't already an Akras personnel before all this?" he asked in a tone and manner of a man 5 minutes away from lunch break and really wants this to be done before he's late.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2017, 06:56:57 pm »

"Oh this is gonna be fun..."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15