Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck  (Read 15912 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Welcome to Nowhere
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 08:19:50 am »

It seems we might be in trouble, though. Perhaps now's not the time for pleasantries?
"So, guns and, uh, "They're Coming", I'm not the only one who this strikes as all kinds of ominous, right?"
"Speaking of work, I sure hope we're not supposed to be... fighting with these things or anything."
"There's always time for pleasantries. But yes, we're probably in trouble. Whoever left the weapons here probably wants us to use them on 'them', whoever they are."

Arun tentatively walks up to the pile and picks up one of the handguns very carefully, keeping the muzzle down and his finger off the trigger. He checks the magazine for ammunition before putting it back in.

"It feels...heavier than I imagined. I've never used one of these. Let's hope I don't need to."

He then picks up one of the nightsticks.

"This might be easier to use if we really do get into a scrap...."

He also pockets the...toy, along with its batteries.

"Don't ask me how, but I feel this thing is going to be...useful. No, goodness, not like that, it's just...I don't know. And if not, I guess the batteries could be used for something else."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 08:29:17 am »

Iris looks over the pile of weaponry. Cacti counted.

thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 12:26:57 pm »

"There's always time for pleasantries. But yes, we're probably in trouble. Whoever left the weapons here probably wants us to use them on 'them', whoever they are."

Arun tentatively walks up to the pile and picks up one of the handguns very carefully, keeping the muzzle down and his finger off the trigger. He checks the magazine for ammunition before putting it back in.

"It feels...heavier than I imagined. I've never used one of these. Let's hope I don't need to."

He then picks up one of the nightsticks.

"This might be easier to use if we really do get into a scrap...."

He also pockets the...toy, along with its batteries.

"Don't ask me how, but I feel this thing is going to be...useful. No, goodness, not like that, it's just...I don't know. And if not, I guess the batteries could be used for something else."

"Those look like 17s. Semi-auto, much easier to get ahold of, popular with law enforcement. I could probably teach everyone how to use them if we have time...and Jesus, I can't believe you touched that thing, let alone pocketed it! I thought we had an unspoken agreement to pretend those things were not here."

Thomas then cocks his own gun, assuming the chamber is empty.

"In any case, there is enough guns for everyone. Everyone with no experience should grab a glock. Anyone else know how to handle a weapon?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 12:31:55 pm »

Iris raises a hand, although this is by complete coincidence.
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 12:35:31 pm »

Iris raises a hand, although this is by complete coincidence.

"Great. Do you feel comfortable lugging around the PGM or do you wanna go with the shotgun?"

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 01:05:09 pm »

She looks confused, and shakes her head, gesturing to her phone.
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 01:19:21 pm »

She looks confused, and shakes her head, gesturing to her phone.

"No, you want to use your phone instead? Oh, is it one of those guns that folds to look like a cell phone? Neat! Otherwise it would be weird to choose it as a weapon. I wish I could conceal carry like that, but state laws in what not. Anyway, don't you think you should use the provided firearms instead anyways? They probably have much more firepower then your phone gun can provide."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2017, 01:34:16 pm »

Her mouth hangs open slightly as she struggles to make sense of whatever whoever this was was yabbering about. She gives up, and she shows him the screen.
Hello, my name is Iris.
It's a pleasure to meet you!
What are you talking about?
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 02:03:06 pm »

Her mouth hangs open slightly as she struggles to make sense of whatever whoever this was was yabbering about. She gives up, and she shows him the screen.
Hello, my name is Iris.
It's a pleasure to meet you!
What are you talking about?

"Oh, uh, hi Iris! My name is Thomas John-Browning Lachance, but my friends just call me Tom. So do complete strangers and enemies, its a very common abbreviation and Thomas is a long name. Its even longer if you add in my already long middle name and family name. Anyway, I was talking about guns. Specifically the guns that are on the floor in front of us, and who gets them. I also talked about other guns that are apparently not here and gun laws, but those are kinda mixed in with the first talk."

Gah! I forgot how hard it was to talk to girls.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2017, 03:05:16 pm »

Janet stands, but doesn't take a gun, instead brandishing her knuckle dusters. "I'll be fine without, thanks."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »

"Oh, uh, hi Iris! My name is Thomas John-Browning Lachance, but my friends just call me Tom. So do complete strangers and enemies, its a very common abbreviation and Thomas is a long name. Its even longer if you add in my already long middle name and family name. Anyway, I was talking about guns. Specifically the guns that are on the floor in front of us, and who gets them. I also talked about other guns that are apparently not here and gun laws, but those are kinda mixed in with the first talk."

Gah! I forgot how hard it was to talk to girls.
An awkward pause ensues, during which she visibly tries to comprehend the wall of information.
She taps out another message.
Oh! That makes sense, you do seem to know how to handle a firearm.
What were you saying after I raised my hand?

Also, I'm sorry to bother you, but can you please slow down just a little bit?
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2017, 03:34:01 pm »

An awkward pause ensues, during which she visibly tries to comprehend the wall of information.
She taps out another message.
Oh! That makes sense, you do seem to know how to handle a firearm.
What were you saying after I raised my hand?

Also, I'm sorry to bother you, but can you please slow down just a little bit?

"Right. Of course. Talking slow from here out, mouth set to semi-auto! Lets see....Oh! When you raised your hand, I thought you where saying that you were familiar with firearms, thus would be capable of handling one of the long arms instead of one of the handguns. Much more firepower, but we only have three of them and I'm taking one of them, so I asked if you wanted the shotgun or the sniper rifle. The sniper rifle is pretty heavy, like fifteen pounds, and packs a mean kick due to the .338 round being really heavy. The shotgun also has a kinda kick to it, but all shotguns do that and its overall lighter and easier to carry around. Then you pointed to your phone and I think I already got to the important part."

Janet stands, but doesn't take a gun, instead brandishing her knuckle dusters. "I'll be fine without, thanks."

"....I....I'm....I'm sorry, did you just say you are taking your fists to a gunfight? What is your major malfunction?"

Tom turns to Janet for a moment, giving off the most confused look the world has ever known while actually managing to slow down his speech for once, before turning back to see Iris's reply.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2017, 03:45:49 pm »

She nods along with his speech, laughing a little at his 'mouth to semi-auto' joke, and seems perfectly fine with his turning away from her.
While waiting for him to finish talking with Janet, she taps out a reply.
Oh, I have quite a bit of experience with rifles and shotguns, but I'm afraid I've only ever used them for sports, and never anything as modern as this.
Are you sure we'll need them, though?
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2017, 03:56:07 pm »

She nods along with his speech, laughing a little at his 'mouth to semi-auto' joke, and seems perfectly fine with his turning away from her.
While waiting for him to finish talking with Janet, she taps out a reply.
Oh, I have quite a bit of experience with rifles and shotguns, but I'm afraid I've only ever used them for sports, and never anything as modern as this.
Are you sure we'll need them, though?

"Sure we'll need them? Well, I don't have any idea what is going on or what is about to happen. But I live by a simple philosophy-'be prepared'. If we need the guns, we'll have them. If we don't, then there is no harm in bringing them with us. Better to have and not need than need and not have, and if we need guns we don't have we are as good as dead. Anyway, it sounds like you could use either gun fine, so pick the one you like!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2017, 04:01:04 pm »

James walks over to the pile and tenderly picks up one of the handguns, frowning deeply.
"I might have generally wanted a break from the tedium but whatever's going on here is waaay too much." He sighed, and shrugged.
"Nothing to do about it but go along with it, I guess."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13