Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck  (Read 15905 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Welcome to Nowhere
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2017, 04:04:56 pm »

You're right. I'll take the shotgun, I think the rifle would be best used by someone more experienced. I have trouble hitting still targets at a longer range, you see.

She bends over and picks up the shotgun, as well as the spare shells, making sure to keep it pointed away from everyone and with her fingers off the trigger.
thincake

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2017, 04:30:52 pm »

Janet stands, but doesn't take a gun, instead brandishing her knuckle dusters. "I'll be fine without, thanks."

"....I....I'm....I'm sorry, did you just say you are taking your fists to a gunfight? What is your major malfunction?"

Tom turns to Janet for a moment, giving off the most confused look the world has ever known while actually managing to slow down his speech for once, before turning back to see Iris's reply.
"I know what I'm doing, thanks. I've never trusted guns, really. I always know when my hands'll hit something, though."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2017, 04:53:31 pm »

Janet stands, but doesn't take a gun, instead brandishing her knuckle dusters. "I'll be fine without, thanks."

"....I....I'm....I'm sorry, did you just say you are taking your fists to a gunfight? What is your major malfunction?"

Tom turns to Janet for a moment, giving off the most confused look the world has ever known while actually managing to slow down his speech for once, before turning back to see Iris's reply.
"I know what I'm doing, thanks. I've never trusted guns, really. I always know when my hands'll hit something, though."

"Do you, or is that your hangover talking? Guns are the one thing its logical to trust with your life. The first half-competent gunman we run into will have you plugged five times before you can get close enough to hit him!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »

"I think you underestimate my experience. Besides, guns can jam, they need ammo, they can just be taken or broken. It takes a lot more effort to take someone's hands, however."
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2017, 06:41:22 pm »

"I think you underestimate my experience. Besides, guns can jam, they need ammo, they can just be taken or broken. It takes a lot more effort to take someone's hands, however."

"Unless you're secretly batman, I doubt you have enough gunman punching experience to make it worth anything. Jams can be fixed, we have plenty of ammo, and you can get them back after they are taken and fix them if they are broken. Even then, its harder to take someone's gun then it is to take their fist. 'Cold dead hands' mean anything to you? It certainly will if you go in unarmed. Its easy to take someone's fists when they are full of bullet-holes. If something happens to your gun, you still have your backup gun and your backup backup, or in your case your fists. Taking a gun with you won't stop you from punching things if you need to. There is a reason we equip our soldiers with this and not these."

With the last sentence, Tom lifts up his gun for emphasis, then his fist for even more emphasis.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2017, 07:19:06 pm »

"And I equip myself with this!"

Arun raises his pen.

"Oh, was that too cheesy? Sorry."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2017, 07:32:38 pm »

James glanced at Arun, still gingerly holding the Glock. "I wish I got to make jokes like that. With my job I'd, like... arm myself with a quarterly earnings chart. Maybe I could bore whoever is "coming" to death or something."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2017, 07:58:22 pm »

Janet just rolls her eyes. "I'll take a gun, if it'll make you shut it. Don't count on me to give you covering fire, though." With that, she grabs a Glock.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2017, 08:27:22 pm »

Tom just smiles and nods.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2017, 10:09:36 am »

((Ah, sorry, hadn't noticed this had started, or that I actually got in for that matter. Oh, I like the Estranger.))

Joseph, who until this moment had been trying to make sense of things in his head, looking from the weapons to the message to the people around him, the latter now arming themselves with the former, decided he ought to speak up and follow suit.

"Ahaha, what the hell, sorry, name's Joseph Carlson, cashier, no idea what is going on, and never held a gun, so guess I'll take a glock?"

As a second thought, he takes out his drivers licences and displays it to the group. Looking through the pile and coming up empty, he settles on the baseball bat, hefting it up to feel it's weight.

He chuckles nervously and takes a step back. "Though appears we are out of stock, so maybe the baseball bat? Lacks the same punch but I know how to swing one at least."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2017, 02:11:04 pm »

((Ah, sorry, hadn't noticed this had started, or that I actually got in for that matter. Oh, I like the Estranger.))

Joseph, who until this moment had been trying to make sense of things in his head, looking from the weapons to the message to the people around him, the latter now arming themselves with the former, decided he ought to speak up and follow suit.

"Ahaha, what the hell, sorry, name's Joseph Carlson, cashier, no idea what is going on, and never held a gun, so guess I'll take a glock?"

As a second thought, he takes out his drivers licences and displays it to the group. Looking through the pile and coming up empty, he settles on the baseball bat, hefting it up to feel it's weight.

He chuckles nervously and takes a step back. "Though appears we are out of stock, so maybe the baseball bat? Lacks the same punch but I know how to swing one at least."

"Eh?"

Tom recounts with his finger, first the people (again counting six) then the guns. Upon arriving to his own gun a look of realization comes across his face.

"Gah! I miscounted! Why didn't anyone point this out before? Uh,ah, we still have the rifle left. And the water gun!"

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2017, 05:27:39 pm »

"Eh?"

Tom recounts with his finger, first the people (again counting six) then the guns. Upon arriving to his own gun a look of realization comes across his face.

"Gah! I miscounted! Why didn't anyone point this out before? Uh,ah, we still have the rifle left. And the water gun!"

"Haha, the water gun, have got to be kidding, what would that do, squirt water in their eyes? As for the rifle... it looks more than a bit intimidating. Suppose I could carry it for now, but I don't really think I ought to be the one shooting it."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2017, 05:29:47 pm »

"I still kinda need one..." Rachel says - she'd been looking around the room, and not noticed everyone else picking up guns.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2017, 06:00:24 pm »

"Eh?"

"Haha, the water gun, have got to be kidding, what would that do, squirt water in their eyes? As for the rifle... it looks more than a bit intimidating. Suppose I could carry it for now, but I don't really think I ought to be the one shooting it."

"Uh, maybe its filled with...acid or something. It wouldn't be the craziest thing that's happening right now. You could probably throw it pretty hard too..."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 01:14:53 pm »

"Uh, maybe its filled with...acid or something. It wouldn't be the craziest thing that's happening right now. You could probably throw it pretty hard too..."
"Ha, and maybe the cactus is poisonous? Though sure I guess, maybe should test it on something." With that Joseph takes the water pistol, walks to a nearby wall, and gives it a small squirt.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13