Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2991 2992 [2993] 2994 2995 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4220103 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #44880 on: April 19, 2021, 02:35:57 pm »

d'oh!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #44882 on: April 19, 2021, 08:53:10 pm »

Not particularly improbable. That's the kind of condition that blows up under severe stress.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44883 on: April 20, 2021, 04:16:27 am »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #44884 on: April 20, 2021, 04:27:21 pm »

Cop who killed Floyd was convicted on all charges. Sentencing in 8 weeks.

Chauvin could face up to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, up to 25 years for third-degree murder and up to 10 years for second-degree manslaughter. However, Minnesota's sentencing guidelines recommend about 12.5 years in prison for each murder charge and about four years for the manslaughter charge.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44885 on: April 20, 2021, 04:45:00 pm »

Cop who killed Floyd was convicted on all charges. Sentencing in 8 weeks.

Chauvin could face up to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, up to 25 years for third-degree murder and up to 10 years for second-degree manslaughter. However, Minnesota's sentencing guidelines recommend about 12.5 years in prison for each murder charge and about four years for the manslaughter charge.

Well, good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44886 on: April 20, 2021, 06:19:47 pm »

With the US prison system being profit driven, a smart investor would start building a special detainment facility for white convicted cops.

Call it anti-shankshaw.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #44887 on: April 20, 2021, 06:24:24 pm »

Nah, if they did that, they'd be acknowledging that there's a fundamental problem with how they source their income prisoners. Never get high off your own supply, or something.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44888 on: April 20, 2021, 08:24:20 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #44889 on: April 20, 2021, 09:01:06 pm »

jfc Nancy just needs to retire.

Either that or take off her human suit and reveal herself as a lizard person.

Like, I struggle to see how she managed to leverage enough influence in the Democrat party to have the position she does if she says and does such ridiculous things as saying a black man sacrificed himself for the greater good or dresses up African garb to memorialize him.

Politicians boggle my mind.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44890 on: April 21, 2021, 12:04:44 am »

Like, I struggle to see how she managed to leverage enough influence in the Democrat party to have the position she does if she says and does such ridiculous things as saying a black man sacrificed himself for the greater good or dresses up African garb to memorialize him.

Spitting image had this bit on her last october...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvfhQYMnD94

(warning, NSFW content. Horrible hat with rainbow dildo.)

psibomber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44891 on: April 21, 2021, 02:09:37 am »

Massive fraud has massive footprints. I've no aversion to scrutiny of voting practices, nor am I asking for negligence. If you've got a fraud that's beaten every recount and lawsuit, every double-check in one of the loudest, scrutinized elections of our time, negligence doesn't begin to scratch the surface of the failure of democracy you're proposing. We don't get any further away from that failed democracy by putting up walls that stop more right, lawful voters than catches fraud.

I don't buy this airy 'both sides need to watch out' when one is overtly damaging the vulnerable in order to catch the rare exception. Sitting on your hands and tutting about the threats of the orwellian police state fraudulently running the country doesn't stop the suppression that is happening now.
Really sorry for the late response. I thought this was a good response though so I wanted to respond late rather than not at all.

I don't mean to be airy about my statement I'm sure both sides are doing a lot of hard work that care about these issues and there is a lot going on in their lives at the same time. I meant it as a more unifying statement, not to push blame, but the push of left vs. right is unavoidable in politics.

And no I know you weren't asking for negligence. Some machiavellian side of me wanted to point out that even if voter fraud is hardly negligible today that can change very rapidly, some people plot and push for power no matter how much regular people want peace.

Voter suppression from the civil war, (and perhaps from the beginning of the country) till today definitely is an issue to strive against. The confederates of the south supported Jim crow laws, racial and educational suppression, and even before that significant advantages to land-owners, and some have told me though I don't know how much stock to put on it, ah, that even today some Citizens have more rights and privileges than regular citizens, because of factors like birth, race, wealth, family, etc..

It's a devastating blow to anyone whose been raised to think on "land of the free, home of the brave" and aligns more with old countries and old caste systems that pretty much everyone immigrates to get away from. I try not to get too upset about it, it makes sense that every country, and the world, has a protected class, but it really depends on how much stock we put in it. The general public, the masses outnumber the protected class to a huge degree, the way we dress, think, and live today puts us closer to equality than we ever were in history, and perhaps we are at risk of putting that back at where it started someday.

I don't think one side particularly pushes for voter suppression as an actual goal but if you think they are being manipulated to or they do it out of some misled form of racial, social, or cultural discrimination, well, that could be possible, but I respectfully believe that more American citizens today want equality for all more than yesterday.

Personally, I'm not completely sitting on my hands. I'm working hard daily at essential work (though not medical work) and my interactions with the public has given me a small anecdotal peek at the situation at hand. I sympathsize with nurses, workers at the dmv, government workers, grocery store workers, etc. that are also interacting with the public.

I've seen a lot more paper trails of death than I have ever seen in my line of work, not even mostly from the coronavirus but from the side effects of negligence, fear, and panic. I've met widows, bereaved family members, the local cemetery is expanding its grounds. I've also noticed some people display the grim reaper for fashion and joke about it.

A little more diligence from the American people in general couldn't hurt and that's what I try to practice at my own work as well. It's not at the top of the list of priorities right now but for people the diligence of countermeasures against voter fraud + push back against voter suppression will still be important. It's crossed my mind more than once or twice that these deaths, they are the indirect doing of people who do not care, want chaos, make light of the death of people who are important and cherished loved ones. If people like them exist in this world and it is evident that they do, and you are not one of them, anyone reading, do not let them rule over you and be vigiliant to not fall for their lies. It does not matter that they lie the whole point of it is that you screw yourself over, just don't do that and guard yourself.

As for massive footprints check out the keywords 'political science, election fraud, paper forensics' and if you doubt it can happen in our country look at the evidence of election fraud in other countries it is more politically correct to acknowledge evidence of fraud in, and draw relations, though no conclusions, at the very least, keep up with it and I will too.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 02:19:50 am by psibomber »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44892 on: April 21, 2021, 03:43:21 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:31:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44893 on: April 21, 2021, 07:21:35 am »

I don't think one side particularly pushes for voter suppression as an actual goal but if you think they are being manipulated to or they do it out of some misled form of racial, social, or cultural discrimination, well, that could be possible, but I respectfully believe that more American citizens today want equality for all more than yesterday.
The last bit is true, but that's because the GOP and american conservatism in general is physically outnumbered in the US; voter suppression and depression is literally what's keeping them as politically relevant as they are. GOP politicians and pundits, and their predecessors, absolutely are pushing for voter suppression as an actual goal, and have been since basically the founding of the bloody country, largely because they realize their odious horseshit of an ideology is unpopular and cannot be realized if everyone has a say. That was true at the time of the 3/5ths, it was true during Jim Crow, it's true now when you have open calls among US conservatives for fascism and the deconstruction of american democracy alongside constant attempts to disenfranchise citizens and make the voting process more difficult.

There is not even the shade of both sides when it comes to voter suppression and a healthy electoral system in the US. The GOP and those before it have been attempting to sabotage our democracy for political gain for decades to centuries, and they're only getting more desperate about it as public sentiment builds further against them and the numbers to enforce that continues to grow.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44894 on: April 21, 2021, 07:31:30 am »

If you watch, she usually has a lot of support, because it's better that our team be against us than let the other team win.
Pages: 1 ... 2991 2992 [2993] 2994 2995 ... 3566