Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2990 2991 [2992] 2993 2994 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4220072 times)

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #44865 on: April 19, 2021, 11:03:44 am »

it's just something vomited out of a complaint letter generator.

My points still stand i just didn't feel like typing 10 paragraphs of complete shit

https://www.pakin.org/complaint
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44866 on: April 19, 2021, 11:09:00 am »

Now I'm definitely not going to bother to read it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44867 on: April 19, 2021, 11:12:32 am »

My points still stand

If anything they'd stand less but alright.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #44868 on: April 19, 2021, 11:17:03 am »

We acknowledge receipt of your complaint and have forwarded it to the relevant department for further processing. Please expect a response in five to seven business days. Offer void in Nebraska
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44869 on: April 19, 2021, 11:17:22 am »

EDIT2: I was wrong again, it's just something vomited out of a complaint letter generator.

I hadn't seen this meme before either, and ended up on a wild goose chase out of curiosity.

Apparently "My inquiries, necessarily hasty and perfunctory as I write this article to meet a deadline" was written by American nazi Revilo Oliver (seems to be an obvious joke name, but who knows). The text with that exact phrase is associated with the title "the veiled prophet of doylestown"; the sourcing of the article has been mangled by his writing being circulated, xeroxed, and re-circulated over the years by modern nazis, so I don't know the real context or even the year of writing.

I don't know what that says about the generator, but I can see why someone would use his writing as a basis for an early program like that. It's the same idiotic tone, but with the phrases like "the Jew", "our race", "international communism", etc spliced out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44870 on: April 19, 2021, 11:26:29 am »

Even with phrasing replaced, the thing that's being said is basically a fascist screed. ("People who say they're trying to make things better are liars and The Enemy, who seek to corrupt Our Way.")
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44871 on: April 19, 2021, 11:48:25 am »

My money was going to be on "The Ameripol Thread" being replacing "Reddit", and the original text being of course posted on Reddit. It has that kind of character.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44872 on: April 19, 2021, 12:07:23 pm »

it's just something vomited out of a complaint letter generator.

My points still stand i just didn't feel like typing 10 paragraphs of complete shit

https://www.pakin.org/complaint

I ... great. Why
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44873 on: April 19, 2021, 12:16:16 pm »

Lots of buzzwords, idioms, and emotion...

For someone to intentionally write speeches of this sort implies either high humor or extreme anti-social and psychotic tendencies. I approve of this level of humor... unless you have become a were-opossum, causing fear in the night, to which I would suggest some pick-axe therapy.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44874 on: April 19, 2021, 12:25:58 pm »

My money was going to be on "The Ameripol Thread" being replacing "Reddit", and the original text being of course posted on Reddit. It has that kind of character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44875 on: April 19, 2021, 12:31:02 pm »

EDIT2: I was wrong again, it's just something vomited out of a complaint letter generator.

I hadn't seen this meme before either, and ended up on a wild goose chase out of curiosity.

Apparently "My inquiries, necessarily hasty and perfunctory as I write this article to meet a deadline" was written by American nazi Revilo Oliver (seems to be an obvious joke name, but who knows). The text with that exact phrase is associated with the title "the veiled prophet of doylestown"; the sourcing of the article has been mangled by his writing being circulated, xeroxed, and re-circulated over the years by modern nazis, so I don't know the real context or even the year of writing.

I don't know what that says about the generator, but I can see why someone would use his writing as a basis for an early program like that. It's the same idiotic tone, but with the phrases like "the Jew", "our race", "international communism", etc spliced out.

Even with phrasing replaced, the thing that's being said is basically a fascist screed. ("People who say they're trying to make things better are liars and The Enemy, who seek to corrupt Our Way.")

I did not realize until just now that the garbage i posted was anti semitic

Sorry!
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44876 on: April 19, 2021, 12:48:57 pm »

I feel like there's a metaphor here somewhere.

Unrelatedly, mildly surprised to see the negative-lifespan America First Caucus didn't get any time in this thread.

Short version of the story is that two of the more, er, controversial House members were distributing materials including the above document, and it leaked to the press. The content was enough to get pretty broad condemnation (except for Rep. Gaetz, who tweeted his support). After initially digging in about it, now the lead Rep. is dropping it entirely.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44877 on: April 19, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:31:20 pm by dragdeler »
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44878 on: April 19, 2021, 02:20:30 pm »

I did not realize until just now that the garbage i posted was anti semitic

Sorry!

You might want to edit your post then.

Also Revilo is just an Oliver backwards, in case anyone missed that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44879 on: April 19, 2021, 02:26:28 pm »

I would have probably not-noticed if it were (Italian-American?) Oliver Revilo.

(But the big AmeriPol news today, is that The Simpsons have 'made' the singer Morrissey 'look' racist. Shame on you The Simpsons. I accuse the The Simpsons writers of picking a particularly low-hanging fruit!)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 02:33:20 pm by Starver »
Pages: 1 ... 2990 2991 [2992] 2993 2994 ... 3566