Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2857 2858 [2859] 2860 2861 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4248072 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42870 on: January 06, 2021, 04:09:14 pm »

Jesus, Biden sounds fucking pissed...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42871 on: January 06, 2021, 04:10:38 pm »

Ooh?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42872 on: January 06, 2021, 04:10:47 pm »

He really should be. This is a situation that deserves getting pissed off over.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42873 on: January 06, 2021, 04:12:24 pm »

I'd be more concerned if he didn't.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42874 on: January 06, 2021, 04:13:02 pm »

Meanwhile, the UN prepares an invasion force under shared leadership of Germany and Japan, to restore democracy to the US.

/s
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42875 on: January 06, 2021, 04:14:04 pm »

Can we get any good quotes on his response? One I've seen from a snippet so far:

"At this hour, our democracy is under an unprecedented assault unlike anything we've seen in modern times"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42876 on: January 06, 2021, 04:16:41 pm »

For added !!FUN!! this is almost certainly going to be a catch-22 situation. Police are evidently definitely easy on them relative to the response the BLM DC protests received, which is only going to embolden them. But if they dealt with them as they likely should, that just makes martyrs out of them.

The big issue right now is that the forces of law and order are heavily outnumbered. Even with a firepower advantage, trying to suppress this with violence isn't going to work - the cops would just get swarmed. With the extra cops, troops, and combat vehicles reportedly en-route, it will become fairly easy to suppress and disperse this crowd without creating any martyrs. Then arrest them for insurrection and treason.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42877 on: January 06, 2021, 04:22:56 pm »

True. Plus this is a proper armed protest rather than how the BLM protests generally went. Definitely feels like it's not a good look to see a response that'll pretty much enable them. We'll have to see if the arrivals actually put it down, lethally or non-lethally. I personally don't trust them not to be suspiciously lenient.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42878 on: January 06, 2021, 04:23:51 pm »

National Guard is committed to using nonlethal force and letting local civilian authorities take the lead (according to NYT).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42879 on: January 06, 2021, 04:26:39 pm »

Trump is saying them to go home now.

But he is also stressing that the other side is Evil, the election was stolen and he won in a landslide.
Way to de-escalate...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #42880 on: January 06, 2021, 04:28:09 pm »

Donald Trump: You're good people and I'm definitely right and you should be doing this, but go home *wink wink*. Fuck him. He's happy. You can tell this man is happy with what he's seeing.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42881 on: January 06, 2021, 04:29:32 pm »

i was getting the vibe earlier that the keep it peaceful stuff was aimed at the gestalt cop side rather than the mob

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42882 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:10 pm »

As it should be. The potential for severe collateral damage is extremely high. Lots of civilians in DC, not to mention all the critical infrastructure and priceless history.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42883 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:21 pm »

Rumour that IED apparently found on Capitol grounds, other suspicious packages around. This on the heels of the Pipe bomb found in RNC as confirmed by NY Times.

FBI SWAT now sweeping the building. https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/1346930771575992321 Virginia and Maryland PD and SWAT have reached the capitol to support. This is some 2 hours on.

After they clear the building, Congress still have a minimum of 1 hour of debate, and possibly more depending on how many places get questioned (2 hour per objection). Ossoff was called the winner of the Georgia runoff, btw.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42884 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:37 pm »

Trump is saying them to go home now.

But he is also stressing that the other side is Evil, the election was stolen and he won in a landslide.
Way to de-escalate...
It's literally a "sorry you were offended" type of speech. Obviously it was taken to mean "keep going".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 2857 2858 [2859] 2860 2861 ... 3569