Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2759 2760 [2761] 2762 2763 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226864 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41400 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:47 am »

Key states won't be decided until later this week due to the mail in vote. Trump's ahead in some of them, but every model says the mail-ins will trend Biden, ams there are a lot of them.

Damn, this election will decide the fate of America.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #41401 on: November 04, 2020, 09:28:40 am »

So according to BBC tracker (Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/us2020/results) Michigan just flipped from Red to Blue. Lots still undecided, but if all the blues stay as such it's a 271 to Biden.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41402 on: November 04, 2020, 09:34:42 am »

1,100 people died yesterday, and about 230,000 died this year, but alright.
That's fine. In 2015, the last time things were supposedly okay, 55 million people died. Human immortality has never quite been figured out yet. 230k is chump change, I would press a button that killed ten times as many in a heartbeat.

Its probably because you didn't know any of them.

But hey, if a couple thousand died because planes smacked into a few buildings, let's war for twenty years.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #41403 on: November 04, 2020, 09:40:27 am »

Human immortality has never quite been figured out yet.

Stupid human cloning laws.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41404 on: November 04, 2020, 09:48:32 am »

No, your body produces all kinds of epigenetic signals, instructing all your tissues to go senescent.

You could put a 20 year old's liver into an 80 year old, and it will start to degrade fast.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41405 on: November 04, 2020, 09:52:51 am »

But hey, if a couple thousand died because planes smacked into a few buildings, let's war for twenty years.
I mean, I don't think 9/11 was a big deal either

Don't attribute views to me before checking!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41406 on: November 04, 2020, 09:55:29 am »

More like

"Oh noez! They flew planes into a big symbol of Mammon! We can't allow this atrocity! We have to enact all kinds of horrible things that destroy our own freedoms to ensure this never happens again!"

and then, some years later..

"So what if a quarter million people are dead; wearing a mask is just too damn inconvenient."

The main thing?  If not wearing the mask would adversely impact their stock portfolios, they would be all over it like stink on shit.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #41407 on: November 04, 2020, 09:57:10 am »

> I'm actually surprised that the predictions of some of my friends

how so? everyone even slightly centrist has been driven away from the communities trough  constant harassment. of course you don't hear their voices. doesn't make it go away tho.

source: been victim of an harassment campaign *on this very forum*
I don't think I was ever harassed here despite becoming more centrist with time (though still somewhat auth-left). I think you should have reported those people, pretty sure harassment is a rule violation.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41408 on: November 04, 2020, 10:31:14 am »

Nobody here is in immediate existential threat from either a Trump or a Biden victory.
Trump is unstable and has torn up the nuclear deal with Iran out of pure spite. He is also busy tearing up the START treaty without coming up with a replacement.

He is reckless and put the whole world in existential danger -- moreso than it already was. The world, including everyone on this forum. Even you, my friend. You can choose to stick your head in the sand, but it won't help you when we burn down.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41409 on: November 04, 2020, 10:40:44 am »

I do not believe that you are my friend.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #41410 on: November 04, 2020, 11:08:37 am »

On a high note: bunch of new legal weed states and some states allowing shrooms now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41411 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:02 am »

And totally overshadowed by Oregon decriminalizing all drugs! That's huge, I never would have expected something like this in America and it honestly leaves me feeling hopeful

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41412 on: November 04, 2020, 11:36:48 am »

And totally overshadowed by Oregon decriminalizing all drugs! That's huge, I never would have expected something like this in America and it honestly leaves me feeling hopeful

They just decriminalized things like meth and you think this is a good sign? There are some things that aren't legal, or, rather, shouldn't be legal, and for reasons other than "you can't have things that might be addicting unless they're the addictive things society already said are OK".
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41413 on: November 04, 2020, 11:40:54 am »

Oregon / California / Washington have this weird idea where they believe people passed out in broad daylight, on people's door steps and businesses, high on drugs, is peak, quality freedom.

I'm all for not criminalizing some drugs but I've never understood how anyone can look at the results of total decriminalization and think it's a good thing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41414 on: November 04, 2020, 11:41:19 am »

They just decriminalized things like meth and you think this is a good sign? There are some things that aren't legal, or, rather, shouldn't be legal, and for reasons other than "you can't have things that might be addicting unless they're the addictive things society already said are OK".
People shouldn't be made a criminal for harming themselves.

Note that this doesn't make them legal, just not criminal. There's still fines, and this doesn't effect selling either. It just means that if you take something yourself you won't be imprisoned and lose all your rights over it.
Oregon / California / Washington have this weird idea where they believe people passed out in broad daylight, on people's door steps and businesses, high on drugs, is peak freedom.

I'm all for not criminalizing some drugs but I've never understood how anyone can look at the results of total decriminalization and think it's a good thing.
So you're saying that the person needs to go to prison for it and lose voting rights and no longer be able to get a job in most places?
Pages: 1 ... 2759 2760 [2761] 2762 2763 ... 3566