Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2757 2758 [2759] 2760 2761 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226154 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41370 on: November 04, 2020, 04:24:27 am »

Trump is ahead in Wisconsin with 83% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Georgia wifh 92% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in North Carolina with 95% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Michigan with 74% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Pennsylvania with 74% of the votes counted.

You can curse and stick your head in the sand all you want, but it doesn't change reality.
Yes, but ahead by how much? It's a 1% lead in North Carolina. And it's where those outstanding votes are that's important.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41371 on: November 04, 2020, 04:30:35 am »

Trump is ahead in Wisconsin with 83% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Georgia wifh 92% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in North Carolina with 95% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Michigan with 74% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Pennsylvania with 74% of the votes counted.

You can curse and stick your head in the sand all you want, but it doesn't change reality.
Yes, but ahead by how much? It's a 1% lead in North Carolina. And it's where those outstanding votes are that's important.

I recognize that a Biden victory isn't impossible, but at this time the votes that have already been counted, the vast majority of all votes, favor Trump, so in this way Trump can currently be said to be "ahead."  Betting odds still favor Trump, though not hugely.

No one would be happier than me if the remaining votes flip the current probable outcome based on the information we have.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:34:20 am by ZBridges »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41372 on: November 04, 2020, 04:50:08 am »

Trump is ahead in Wisconsin with 83% of the votes counted.
No longer.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41373 on: November 04, 2020, 04:52:21 am »

Correct, by 0.3 percent.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41374 on: November 04, 2020, 04:58:42 am »

And then Trumps gunna be complaining about how the Dems stole the vote and that he 'told us this was gunna happen' and then the trump supporters will eat that shit right up and I'll be closing my hurricane shutters for a week or two until the riots pass and then I'll find myself on the wrong side of the line when the civil war starts.

Still astounded my County went red, worked in retail and just from overhearing random conversations it seemed like everyone hated the bastard.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:00:36 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #41375 on: November 04, 2020, 05:00:20 am »

If WS doesn't flip back red, I'm fairly sure Biden got this.

What an emotional clusterfuck.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41376 on: November 04, 2020, 05:02:14 am »

Estimated votes left to be counted in GA less than current margin.

ETA: NC too.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:07:01 am by Maximum Spin »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41377 on: November 04, 2020, 05:05:23 am »

If WS doesn't flip back red, I'm fairly sure Biden got this.
If one more state flips to Biden, yes. What a nailbiter. I need to stop refreshing the page all day.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41378 on: November 04, 2020, 05:16:20 am »

I think biden could win both wisconsin and North Carolina and still lose.  if my math is right he would get 269 EC votes in that scenario.  One away from victory, though unless I'm miscounting trump would also not win (267).  Though I think I may be missing a number or two somewhere, its getting late and I'm clearly stressed.

Then since noone broke 270 I think then we would get the house voting for the president (Biden) and the senate would choose the Vice President (Pence).  (Which of course would just be begging for a republican backed assassination which I would not put past them at this point)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:23:43 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41379 on: November 04, 2020, 05:24:52 am »

Biden Trump and Bullet 2020

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41380 on: November 04, 2020, 05:28:21 am »

Yea now that you mention it I don't think there's be anything stopping them from electing Trump as the vice if that happens.  I think they actually could choose literally anyone they want and can ignore the ballots.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41381 on: November 04, 2020, 06:15:14 am »

Maybe I'm being an ignorant american, and probably stupid for taking the troll bait but your post made me think.

How exactly is Trump going to help you?  From what I'm seeing the republicans are the reason we're messing with y'all in the first place, or at least the reason shit was kicked up to high gear back in 2001.  Democrats didn't make matters any better sure, but I'd be willing to bet a small sum that the average american does not want to fuck with y'all any more than you want us to, and I bet you have the same amount of control over who fights who over there as I do.

At least democrats bother to make up an excuse as to why we're bombing the shit out of someplace, and at least pretends that casualties are an unfortunate side-effect.  Trump would happily drone strike the shit out of an elementary school just to distract people from whatever un-repentant human being he pardoned this time and then claim that the children deserved it, in an attempt to drive us all to be immoral douche-bags instead of just the people in charge.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41382 on: November 04, 2020, 06:23:32 am »

Trump would happily drone strike the shit out of an elementary school just to distract people from whatever un-repentant human being he pardoned this time and then claim that the children deserved it, in an attempt to drive us all to be immoral douche-bags instead of just the people in charge.
Then why hasn't this happened?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41383 on: November 04, 2020, 06:43:51 am »

Trump would happily drone strike the shit out of an elementary school just to distract people from whatever un-repentant human being he pardoned this time and then claim that the children deserved it, in an attempt to drive us all to be immoral douche-bags instead of just the people in charge.
Then why hasn't this happened?

Well he did drop a MOAB on someplace, I imagine he only used that because he was told nukes were off the table, pretty sure he did that to distract folks from some scandal or another.  Shame it worked because I don't remember what fuckup of the week he was in the middle of then, but his using the MOAB became the topic of conversation for a bit after.  I can't imagine you can be sure theres no civilians in the blast zone when yer talking a bomb that big.

There's also that whole no-one from the middle east is allowed in the country thing he did back around when he first became president, which feels like a big sign saying 'You are on my shit list'.  If china wasn't his current scapegoat I figure he's blame everything wrong with the world on everyplace between Egypt and India.

(reply to removed post removed)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:13:22 pm by Toady One »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41384 on: November 04, 2020, 07:32:24 am »

Stay safe.
Same to you. It looks like it may be a few more nerve wrecking days before the election is decided. Stay safe and stay cool. It might be best to focus on something else until this is over - at least that's what I will do.
Pages: 1 ... 2757 2758 [2759] 2760 2761 ... 3566