Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2756 2757 [2758] 2759 2760 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226140 times)

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41355 on: November 04, 2020, 02:35:41 am »

Honestly, if the Democrats don’t take the senate it’s almost better if Trump wins. The Republicans can own this mess.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41356 on: November 04, 2020, 02:35:59 am »

Yea he wants them to keep counting in arizona, but wants them to stop counting everywhere else despite nearly a fourth of the country not yet counted.  How is this man not lynched on the white house lawn for being the traitor to the country he is?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41357 on: November 04, 2020, 02:38:44 am »

You guys, everything's going to be fine.

The last four years have been great for most Americans in actual real-world not-media terms.

Trump has lowered taxes by letting the national deficit soar. Short term presents that will come back to bite, even if we look purely at economics.

What's much worse, he has accelerated both climate change and the build-up of nuclear weapons, the two big threats to human life. So yeah, if you don't mind the small matter of human extinction, and don't care to look more than 1 day ahead..

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41358 on: November 04, 2020, 03:07:20 am »

Yup...

Trump just declared victory, and stated his intentions to use the power of his office to prevent any further votes from being counted(despite the fact that he's losing right now).

This is it people.

How would this work, will this be decided by the court, or is this just Trump rambling? I understand he has just stacked it in his favour with the new judges, but I would asume even they will not fall for this.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 03:11:39 am by Bralbaard »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41359 on: November 04, 2020, 03:14:27 am »

Things are looking good for him.  I would understand why he would want to muddy the waters if he was doing poorly, but right now he is the favorite to win.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41360 on: November 04, 2020, 03:20:45 am »

I think it's partially because there is something like 2 million mail in ballots waiting to be counted in Pennsylvania, and that 75% of those counted so far are democrat, more than enough to swing that state to biden if that trend continues.  Georgia is also very very close and Atlanta is apparently still being counted, a likely strong democrat vote.

He wants those states to be called early and all remaining votes thrown out specifically because everyone with their nose in politics knows those votes will not be for him.  They have a good chance of making him lose if they are counted.

EDIT: Whoever wins this it will NOT be clean Trump is claiming Biden is cheating without evidence, which does not matter to Trumps supporters, they will believe Trump if he says it wasn't raining on his inauguration day.  And Trump is absolutely and on camera saying he is going to attempt to throw out legitimate votes, no matter how much he pretties it up in his speech.  The country is as divided now and will be for at least the next 4 years as it was during the civil war.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 03:30:10 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41361 on: November 04, 2020, 03:24:52 am »

There are about half as many votes reported so far as in 2016. We know early votes alone count for 2/3 of 2016, so we might be seeing 1.5x voters from then. This is effectively 1/3 to a half through the race. Calling it now heavily favors Republicans.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #41362 on: November 04, 2020, 03:28:47 am »

No comment on the other things here (mostly because I'm kinda tired right now and don't want to argue about nukes or w/e). But would they even let him call the election early? Biden is winning slightly currently according to this website. Or am I dumb?

Also I heard that this has the highest voter turnout so far...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41363 on: November 04, 2020, 03:39:56 am »

Biden is currently winning based on the electoral votes he has so far been projected to receive, but a majority of the remaining important states are leaning Trump with most of the votes already counted.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41364 on: November 04, 2020, 03:40:01 am »

Biden is currently winning yes, but the remaining states that have not been called yet currently are leaning Trump, and those going to trump would launch him past biden to victory.

The trouble is that Trump wants those votes to stop being counted now while he's ahead, when there is plenty of room for Biden to pull ahead in those states.  Trump has run 80% of the race they passed the last checkpoint with biden in the lead so on all the scoreboards biden is winning, but Trump is physically ahead of biden in the race for what is essentially the first time since the race started but he's getting winded just as biden seems to be getting his second wind.  Trump sees this and is trying to tell the refs that he(Trump) is ahead and has clearly won and wants them to call the race early.

The question is no president ever has tried to do that before, consensus seems to be "You can't do that" But that has never stopped Trump from doing something he can't do before, because no-one seems to be intrested in reining him in when he oversteps his station, and now the part of the government that is supposed to say what hee can and can't do, is basically in his pocket.

EDIT: Oh and ignore anything you see about a popular vote, that means nothing in the US.  As much as we claim to be a direct democracy we are not.  Every state gets a number of votes based on the state's population +1 (or +2 I forget) The way everything works, each state votes for president, whoever wins in that, with a few exceptions, gets the WHOLE STATE.  I am in Florida.  I voted Biden.  But because Trump won in Florida I have in effect voted Trump.  I physically voted Biden, but because Biden didn't win my state my entire state voted Trump, no matter what I have to say about it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 03:59:50 am by Greiger »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #41365 on: November 04, 2020, 03:50:33 am »

But would they even let him call the election early?

He can call whatever he wants. And he did. It doesn't matter, because the current president doesn't decide who wins the election.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41366 on: November 04, 2020, 03:54:57 am »

Biden is currently winning yes, but the remaining states that have not been called yet currently are leaning Trump, and those going to trump would launch him past biden to victory.

The trouble is that Trump wants those votes to stop being counted now while he's ahead, when there is plenty of room for Biden to pull ahead in those states.  Trump has run 80% of the race they passed the last checkpoint with biden in the lead so on all the scoreboards biden is winning, but Trump is physically ahead of biden in the race for what is essentially the first time since the race started but he's getting winded just as biden seems to be getting his second wind.  Trump sees this and is trying to tell the refs that he(Trump) is ahead and has clearly won and wants them to call the race early.

The question is no president ever has tried to do that before, consensus seems to be "You can't do that" But that has never stopped Trump from doing something he can't do before, because no-one seems to be intrested in reining him in when he oversteps his station, and now the part of the government that is supposed to say what hee can and can't do, is basically in his pocket.
The fuck are you talking about with him being ahead?

The fuck are you getting the idea that the states not called yet are leaning Trump? Georgia is too close to pin down precisely but still has early votes from solidly blue areas to count, Wisconsin just started counting early votes today for some stupid reason I think, Pennsylvania still has not just most of their early votes left to count, those early votes are also most of their votes, particularly in the blue areas still uncounted, Michigan for some reason might go either way.

The only asshole saying Trump is in the lead... is Trump. As is always the case with that fat orange cunt, you can conclude by noticing his disgusting turdhole flapping and noises coming out that he's lying.

He's also trying to stage a FUCKING FASCIST COUP AND MAJOR NETWORKS ARE HELPING HIM AND I HATE THIS FUCKING COUNTRY SO GODDAMN MUCH THAT THERE IS ANYTHING BUT TRUMP BEING 250+ EV'S BEHIND AS A PROBABLE OUTCOME...

I've never considered myself an american, but I'm actually embarrassed to be a texan right now.

Not as stupid as the latinos voting for the guy who built his entire presidency around demonizing *checks notes* latinos... but fuck them and their stupid machismo worshipping toxic ass bullshit until the stars burn out.

McConnell didn't lose, currently it is looking like the senate is going to end up with 49 non-fascists, while the house picked up a couple of Qultists and an actual open admirer of Hitler with a history of sexual assaults... so he'll fit right in with the rest of the republicans and their minority may end up shrinking some.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41367 on: November 04, 2020, 04:00:34 am »

Trump is ahead in Wisconsin with 83% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Georgia wifh 92% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in North Carolina with 95% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Michigan with 74% of the votes counted.  Trump is ahead in Pennsylvania with 74% of the votes counted.

You can curse and stick your head in the sand all you want, but it doesn't change reality.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41368 on: November 04, 2020, 04:07:27 am »

You know what, I'm just removing this whole post and saying,

"Max you misread what I posted"

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:26:39 am by Greiger »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41369 on: November 04, 2020, 04:15:25 am »

edit: the post I was referring to has been modified. No reason to keep my post here.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:31:11 am by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 2756 2757 [2758] 2759 2760 ... 3566