Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2743 2744 [2745] 2746 2747 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226207 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41160 on: November 02, 2020, 03:41:43 pm »

I still say if the PA legislature tries to flip the election, either Tom Wolf will send in the national guard to prevent them from meeting quorum, or Harrisburg will burn to the ground, along with large swaths of Philly and Pittsburgh.

I also don't think it's going to be close enough for any one state to steal the election as it was in 2000. And the courts in general have been deferring towards "let's not fuck shit up this close in". Courts also denied a GOP attempt to stop early vote counting in Nevada today. The Harris County case was also rejected by a Federal court today as well as the Texas Supreme Court. For perspective, throwing out drive-through voting (not just in Harris County) would invalidate roughly 10% of all early votes in Texas, or around 900,000 votes. There. Would. Be. Blood.

And it's telling that the GOP was not trying to toss drive-in voting statewide, but only in Democratic-strong Harris County.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 03:44:04 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41161 on: November 02, 2020, 03:57:43 pm »

Don't hospitals in your region have pre-emptive humane euthanasia protocols for antimaskers?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41162 on: November 02, 2020, 05:17:47 pm »

Welp, November 3rd has officially started in Europe.

May any existing or non-existing powers that be help you all.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41163 on: November 02, 2020, 05:19:13 pm »

Ungod won't save us. That's our job.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41164 on: November 02, 2020, 05:31:33 pm »

How much of the European vote is Biden winning?
*proceeds to hit refresh on fifteen different websites simultaneously at a rate of 5 times per second*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41165 on: November 02, 2020, 05:37:21 pm »

How much of the European vote is Biden winning?
*proceeds to hit refresh on fifteen different websites simultaneously at a rate of 5 times per second*
Weather services are predicting an F5 tornado on Tuesday evening, will probably last the night and more.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41166 on: November 02, 2020, 06:37:06 pm »

Whatever's going on over there (I heard there was boarding up of businesses in DC, as well, which is bad optics for a democratic country, and something about Bidens coach and rival drivers..?) we're on tenterhooks over here. In fact, intermitent explosions have been heard with increasing intensity, starting mid-October or earlier in the run up to the first week in November.  (Heard one just now, as I was about to post.)

Mind you these particular reminders of latent anti-government feeling are annual, and tempered at times this year by the gusty wind and intermittent rain arising from Storm Aiden, and then there's Lockdown 2.0 (but looks like the weather will be Ok for Thursday for gatherings that are generally not so much 'indoors' events, before going a bit off again just in time for the maybe semi-cancelled Rememberance Sunday).

Let's see what added frisson your event has on ours, though.

(And now the wind's gotten back up, and an audible scattering of rain on the window behind me. Yeah, that'll keep the missile-launching down a bit/leave them more to set off en mass over the next few days.)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41167 on: November 02, 2020, 06:43:26 pm »

If Biden wins do you think the news will try to keep as active with him as they have been with Trump?

"You won't believe that Biden called his grandchildren AGAIN."

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41168 on: November 02, 2020, 06:48:26 pm »

I can honestly imagine (well, almost imagine) that they keep on covering Trump like they have, because he'll keep on giving him the news they crave.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41169 on: November 02, 2020, 06:49:37 pm »

I imagine conservative news will try to do to Biden what everyone did to Trump, but I don't expect that he'll give nearly as much ammo for the media as a whole.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41170 on: November 02, 2020, 06:50:21 pm »

Becoming the president is the best thing to ever happen to trump's television career. I'm sure that we'll keep seeing his tweets in the news until the day he dies.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #41171 on: November 02, 2020, 07:30:34 pm »

Something something relevant XKCD.

I'll just be doing my usual thing as a pollworker. I have literally no idea what to expect turnout wise here: turnout is projected to be high but mostly tends towards older folks who are probably more likely than ohers to avoia trip to the polls if they can help it given the whole pandemic thing. So very hard to predict if it'll be more, or less, busy here than usual.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 08:47:05 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41172 on: November 02, 2020, 08:20:06 pm »

Becoming the president is the best thing to ever happen to trump's television career. I'm sure that we'll keep seeing his tweets in the news until the day he dies.

Lol, so short-sighted.

Two words: political dynasty. Trump’s for ever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41173 on: November 02, 2020, 08:44:34 pm »

Something something relevant XKCD.

I'll just be doing my usual thing as a pollworker. I have literally no idea what to expect turnout wise here: turnout is projected to be high but mostly tends ooler folks who are probably more likely that others to avoid a trip to the polls if they can help it given the whole pandemic thing. So very hard to predict if it'll be more, or less, busy here than usual.

I'd be interested to hear - the polls must be empty this year if only for the fact so many have already voted.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41174 on: November 02, 2020, 08:51:59 pm »

Voting booths may now be slightly more vacant, unless the total vote has yet to reach even more heady heights, but the entabulating tables (or whatever paper-shuffling jobs apply in any given state/county/district) are going to be busy, at least in the places RedKing didn't tell us were early count-starters...

So I suppose (if it was said then I missed/forgot it) what kind of pollwork Misko's pollworking actually is.
Pages: 1 ... 2743 2744 [2745] 2746 2747 ... 3566