Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2341 2342 [2343] 2344 2345 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4196496 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35130 on: March 04, 2020, 04:27:47 am »

I really want to see Sanders pick up every other state now, and head to the convention with 51% of the delegates. Just enough that they have to give him the nomination for having majority.

Nah, it'll be 100% Gabbard from here on in. She's done so brilliantly at managing expectations that nobody remembers she's still running, so if she wins even a single delegate it will be a shocking upset that will generate momentum and a powerful narrative along with other things that are not delegates but are presumably good probably.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35131 on: March 04, 2020, 05:24:20 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:11:45 pm by dragdeler »
let

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35132 on: March 04, 2020, 06:24:21 am »

People don't vote for people, they vote against people.

Here's my prediction for this election. The Dems, hoping Trump will fumble the Corona crisis, put forward their boy Biden. Trump shrugs off this because he shrugs off everything, even things directly his fault/crime. Biden fumbles any and every debate due to lack of eloquence and mounting stress. Potentially, he has a cardiac event before November. Trump wins again.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35133 on: March 04, 2020, 06:53:21 am »

Or, the USA as a whole completely fumbles the coronavirus thing between now and November, Biden and Trump both catch it and die before the election.

Or, even better, people near Trump start getting the virus, germaphobe Trump freaks out and encases himself in a bubble suit permanently while outdoors. Trump rallies become breeding centers for the disease. Trump's general bravado and dismissing of the virus threat may play out in an interesting way.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:56:15 am by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35134 on: March 04, 2020, 07:01:33 am »

Or, the USA as a whole completely fumbles the coronavirus thing between now and November, Biden and Trump both catch it and die before the election.

Or, even better, people near Trump start getting the virus, germaphobe Trump freaks out and encases himself in a bubble suit permanently while outdoors. Trump rallies become breeding centers for the disease. Trump's general bravado and dismissing of the virus threat may play out in an interesting way.

Everyone make way for the Presidential Bubble.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35135 on: March 04, 2020, 07:20:53 am »

Well, I guess these are our choices come November.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35136 on: March 04, 2020, 08:08:59 am »

On your own heads be it. I really should have known better than to think that Americans of all people could clear the bar of "the man on the tv told me to vote for him", but I did what I could to prevent the death that's coming. I fulfilled my obligation, and fuck anybody who didn't.

That's it. Biden wins the nom, Trump wins reelection, and no response will be had for the ecocide. If you don't like that, too bad. You had your chance to contribute.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35137 on: March 04, 2020, 08:22:16 am »

Biden and Trump both catch it and die before the election.
That’s Tulsi’s long game right there
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35138 on: March 04, 2020, 08:35:35 am »

I was just wondering whether Sanders can catch up or if Biden is definitely the nominee.
Well, we have more solid results now and the answer seems to be the first is still possible -- a 70 delegate trail or whatever it ends up being in that general region -- isn't entirely insurmountable... but it's probably pretty unlikely at this point.

Biden overperformed pretty heavily, sometimes in states he didn't even have a ground game in, whereas sanders still seems largely incapable of pulling the turnout boost he's been promising and needing out of the proverbial hat. For all a lot of people are enthusiastic about bernie it's looking increasingly like he's just... not what the democrat voters want. Maybe that changes -- I'm still not sure if I swallow my dislike of old people in power and vote sanders or just write in 'not these geriatric shits' come our early voting next week, ferex -- but things just got a lot harder for the sanders campaign. They needed a stronger showing than anyone else on super tuesday pretty damn bad, and it didn't happen. They still had a strong one, but second place to Biden is just not a happy place to be :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35139 on: March 04, 2020, 09:54:12 am »

Next time around we just need to hire Jeff Probst to run the whole election. Throw all the candidates out on an island somewhere for a couple months. Put them through some physical and mental challenges.

Yes, I'm suggesting Survivor is a more reasonable method of choosing a winner to be president than our current electoral system.

No, I don't really think I'm joking.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35140 on: March 04, 2020, 10:00:28 am »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35141 on: March 04, 2020, 10:03:40 am »

Next time around we just need to hire Jeff Probst to run the whole election. Throw all the candidates out on an island somewhere for a couple months. Put them through some physical and mental challenges.

Yes, I'm suggesting Survivor is a more reasonable method of choosing a winner to be president than our current electoral system.

No, I don't really think I'm joking.
Sounds like a plan

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35142 on: March 04, 2020, 10:20:05 am »

Well, Bloomberg is out. Endorsed Biden.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35143 on: March 04, 2020, 10:25:55 am »

Just because someone used to be vice president doesn't mean their policies are good

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35144 on: March 04, 2020, 10:28:00 am »

Well, Bloomberg is out. Endorsed Biden.

Well that didn't take long. Imagine what could have been done with all the money he spent in just a short time, only to ultimately be laughed away.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2341 2342 [2343] 2344 2345 ... 3566