Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2339 2340 [2341] 2342 2343 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4196876 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35100 on: March 02, 2020, 03:30:31 pm »

I've realized from reading this thread that I have very little idea what's going on, or the differences between various candidates (other than "here's a Republican, here's a Democrat"), at all. Fortunately I'm not a voter yet

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35101 on: March 02, 2020, 03:57:31 pm »

I admit that I only really know very much about Bernie, and some about Tom Steyer because he spent approximately 5 truckloads of money on ads here in SC.  Steyer sounded like he had some good ideas, but admittedly the only one that really stuck out in my head was term limits for members of congress.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35102 on: March 02, 2020, 05:47:47 pm »

As long as they're pushing for Biden, did we ever figure out what a pony soldier is? I'm already aware that the "lying dog-faced" portion wasn't a compliment.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35103 on: March 02, 2020, 07:30:30 pm »

So, what I've heard is that "pony soldier" meant cavalry and "dog-faced" was a derisive native american term for another native american. So, "lying dog-faced pony soldier" essentially means "lying traitor". Because the Democrat leadership like Biden consider themselves god's gift to liberals and view anyone who doesn't bow down to them as an enemy.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35104 on: March 03, 2020, 12:42:56 am »

Buttigieg and Bloomberg have worked together enough in the past that it sounds like a reasonable possibility.

The Butt and the Bloomers
Love, scriver~

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35105 on: March 03, 2020, 10:13:02 am »

I thought it would have been impossible, but apparently Michigan is allowing people to void their original early vote and vote again. Other states aren't doing that, however.

Anyway, Super Tuesday is here. Let's see where we end up on the other side of this whole mess. Will things be more clear? Will they still be as muddy and inconclusive as they've ever been? Will Bloomberg continue filling the pockets of ad agencies and media distributors?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35106 on: March 03, 2020, 12:20:43 pm »

I thought it would have been impossible, but apparently Michigan is allowing people to void their original early vote and vote again. Other states aren't doing that, however.

How surprised will anyone be when Michigan starts tossing ballots because people who took this opportunity didn't do it correctly somehow?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35107 on: March 03, 2020, 12:56:23 pm »

Wow, I was wondering about that possibility earlier (allowing people to revote) but found basically no information on the possibility, implying it's really unexpected.  Really seems like something they should have ruled on before early voting happened!

I'm not sure exactly what this means, functionally.  Michigan's primary is proportional, so my understanding is that Klobuchar and Buttigieg early-votes would not be "wasted" anyway - they'd result in a (small) number of Klobuchar and Buttigieg-appointed delegates at the convention, and those delegates will naturally vote for Biden as directed.

Under the assumption that Klobuchar and Buttigieg supporters are mostly supporting Biden *anyway*, this doesn't appear to change much.  Seems benign, even gives them the chance to support someone else if they choose to.

If it was winner-take-all, it'd seem like a move to let Biden bolster his numbers in hopes of squeaking out a win against Sanders, but... it's not winner-take-all.  He essentially already had their votes handed to him.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35108 on: March 03, 2020, 01:07:41 pm »

It's not actually a good assumption that pete or klob supporters mostly had biden as a second choice, though. Iirc pete's were about as likely to have sanders or warren as a second choice as biden, ferex.

Klob I don't quite remember, but it's probably important to not forget that so far as Gene Eric Democrat goes like everyone running dem except maybe bloomshit is pretty okay. Lots of biden supporters have sanders as a second choice and vice versa, so on, so forth. There's fairly heavy factionalism among subsections of the heavy online/politically activated, but so far as the rank and file goes... not so much.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35109 on: March 03, 2020, 01:26:47 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:11:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35110 on: March 03, 2020, 04:01:15 pm »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35111 on: March 03, 2020, 04:40:13 pm »

It worked, this made me laugh

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35112 on: March 03, 2020, 08:06:30 pm »

Bloomberg wins today's caucus in American Samoa.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35113 on: March 03, 2020, 08:09:51 pm »

By a significant margin.  Odd.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #35114 on: March 03, 2020, 08:30:28 pm »

Man, watching the stagnation and rot of my country in real time is pretty draining :/

edit: This is more a general "bleh" feeling about the US politics in general, not about any particular candidate or even the primary.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:45:37 pm by Cthulufaic »
Pages: 1 ... 2339 2340 [2341] 2342 2343 ... 3566