Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227158 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #25200 on: November 05, 2018, 08:50:09 pm »

I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't one elected official who posts regularly on here, but that doesn't mean they post here.

Or maybe they do.
It's FAKE NEWS! I'm too busy running the Country with Melanie, securing our Borders with the 3rd Amendment and not the Russians, at all, who are all VERY FINE PEOPLE anyway!
10/10, would Trump again.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25201 on: November 06, 2018, 12:31:02 am »

Also planning on making Fantasy Midterm sheets for those interested in playing.

1 pt for correct gubernatorial picks
1 pt for correct Senate picks

It would be insane to ask anyone to pick all 435 House races, so instead I'll be asking to pick the final margin, like 228D-207R (or +21 D).
(25-margin of difference) pts for House balance pick (so, for example, if you nail it exactly, you get 25 points. If you guessed say, +21D as the example above, and the final margin is +5D, you'd get 9 points).

I thought about weighting the races so that tossups count for more points (after all, getting 2 points for guessing Wyoming and Idaho will go red is sorta unfair compared to guessing Florida and Georgia correctly) but then those safe races basically constitute a "free" space for everyone. Plus I'm too tired to do this shit properly.

Anyone interested, PM me and I'll send you your sheet. Please have it back to me by 6:00pm Eastern US time tomorrow (when the first polls close in Indiana).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25202 on: November 06, 2018, 12:33:11 am »

I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't one elected official who posts regularly on here, but that doesn't mean they post here.

Or maybe they do.
It's FAKE NEWS! I'm too busy running the Country with Melanie, securing our Borders with the 3rd Amendment and not the Russians, at all, who are all VERY FINE PEOPLE anyway!
>Implying the Cheeto would be able to stand a place as left and globalist as Bay 12

I mean if BFEL got kicked because he couldn't handle the blue here Trump would have a goddamn aneurysm.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25203 on: November 06, 2018, 01:20:30 am »

Dawn of The Final Day:24 hours remain
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #25204 on: November 06, 2018, 01:59:32 am »

Infinity Tuesday. Will Thanos attain all 538 infinity seats?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25205 on: November 06, 2018, 02:04:27 am »

Fantasy Midterm sheets are done. Made them PDFs with radio button selects, so it's super user-friendly. Only thing you have to actually type is the number of seats you think Democrats will win in the House. Everything else is point and click. (Plus that was a nice little learning exercise in creating form-fillable PDFs...)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25206 on: November 06, 2018, 04:46:10 am »

Man, I feel so left out of the election-watching. Can't be part of my classes election-watching party, can't be part of this. :'(

I mean, I understand why: Can't watch elections when you are elections, I guess. But still.

Wait, you are elections? What is the meaning of this? We can't be having a member of the forums holding a publicly elected position, can we?
God I wish. Can you imagine the misko27 Party?

But no, not publicly elected position. I literally mean I am election: I'm an election official. I am an official scanner inspector of the NYC Board of Elections and a representative of the Republican Party. (Why Republican? It's a long story... the tl;dr is there aren't enough Republicans in my area to satisfy bipartisaness requirements, so they make some people Republicans-for-a-day. It makes you wonder why they bother, but oh well).

Anyway, I'm off to work (meaning the election), I'll check back in with the thread after most sane people have woken up for the day.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25207 on: November 06, 2018, 05:16:36 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25208 on: November 06, 2018, 06:23:35 am »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25209 on: November 06, 2018, 07:48:17 am »

My wife and I are leaving to vote momentarily.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25210 on: November 06, 2018, 07:49:20 am »

Vote for me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25211 on: November 06, 2018, 07:51:20 am »

You live in Chicago or something, you're a bit out of my electorate. I totally would though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25212 on: November 06, 2018, 08:34:15 am »

Man they have some new 2-page ballot and it is slowing the process down hard. Extra page means so many new ways to mess up, not to mention the loved...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25213 on: November 06, 2018, 09:41:18 am »

I initially processed that as "voting to leave momentarily".

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25214 on: November 06, 2018, 09:43:53 am »

I initially processed that as "voting to leave momentarily".
I read it as a statement of the extreme temporal transience of any vote so cast, perhaps not even surviving in the ballot-box/database long enough to be counted.
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 3566