Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4167261 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10560 on: August 13, 2017, 08:15:08 pm »

Goodness I fell asleep... Thankfully I don't have to do that much damage control.

"Who benefits from mexican de-facto slaves?

It's not us liberals, I tell you that"

Let me see... Liberal Americans believe in Privatization, which includes prisons, which enacts slave labor and many of these slaves are Mexicans.

Or is the American Left no longer part of Raganism?
I believes you're thinking of libertarians.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: August 13, 2017, 08:39:09 pm »

... that looks more like neo's overdosed on something unhealthy, really. Or trying to make some kind of point in something approaching the worst way possible. Can't really tell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10562 on: August 13, 2017, 08:43:03 pm »

Or still rather tired maybe.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: August 13, 2017, 08:45:40 pm »

... that looks more like neo's overdosed on something unhealthy, really. Or trying to make some kind of point in something approaching the worst way possible. Can't really tell.

Naw it is meant to be more trivia and a funny quip than a serious argument.

The Slavery situation in the USA is more fueled by
-1) Retributive justice
-2) People generally don't know what goes on in prisons.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: August 13, 2017, 09:04:29 pm »

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/13/543259431/as-u-s-copes-with-charlottesville-violence-protesters-take-to-the-streets
shockwaves are spreading.
Spencer is going back to A&M on 9/11. Ironically the event will be at Rudder Fountain, named after General James Rudder, who led Rangers at Pointe Du Hoc.

Personally led his men up the cliffs, was wounded twice but stayed in command, and ensured his men held for two days until reinforcements reached them.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10566 on: August 13, 2017, 09:07:42 pm »

Well this is a cluster truck... and surprisingly not as one sided as it seemed.

I am predicting a severe riot in the not so distant future... MAYBE race riot, but probably a bit different than that.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: August 13, 2017, 09:15:46 pm »

Two options: Neo got into my stash again--dammit don't bogart it--or we forgot to take into account the stuff they didn't say again.

Also, the 1st protects people against government infringement of free speech.

It doesn't mean dick when it comes to private citizens telling other private citizens "hey, you're not allowed to be a fucking nazi" except to say that the government doesn't get to take sides in this fight.

Opinions are worthless, as are arguments based on them, if you want to defend a position based on nothing more than an opinion you might want to stop and examine it first.

If your opinion involves shit like "certain people are automatically inferior to me and people I decide are also better than others" or "it's ok to not just discriminate against others based on arbitrary bullshit, it's actually cool to just go ahead and kill them" then given the reaction of the rest of the world the last time people started actually turning those opinions into actions... maybe you should shut your fucking trap unless you're cool with getting popped in the mouth for being not just a nazi, but a fucking stupid one, at that.

I do agree that it shouldn't be outlawed to say this sort of hateful bullshit, I don't want to go down the "government declaring certain speech is just illegal" road as it gets way too close to thoughtcrime alley, and it's full of sjw's and shit right now so nothxkbai.

On the other hand, I can back up an argument which amounts to "fuck nazis" except it would be based on far more defensible and far less offensive positions than "yay nazis" is, and hey, I'm not afraid of getting punched by a nazi, so it isn't even hypocritical to say I think it is not just acceptable but my goddamn duty as a man to punch nazis, they're literally inviting it by spewing that shit.

Has not punching nazis ever worked?

On the other hand, the internet has apparently been tracking down dudes from the protest videos and letting everyone know what they like to do with their free time, and hey, if some lives get ruined for being fucking nazis maybe the next time some little bitchy shithead gets the idea that he's being oppressed and wants someone to blame, he'll know that--if nothing else--deciding to be a fucking nazi is a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:17:36 pm by Max™ »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: August 13, 2017, 09:17:37 pm »

I can't help but notice that the other counterprotests were completely peaceful, though the police seem to have done their job a whole lot better in those cases.

Perhaps antifa should have used sillystring and glitter on those neonazis. Nothing befuddles them into not fighting like sillystring and glitter, right?

@neonivek: What percentage of violent protestors would it need to be called a riot? And yes, I'm poking at the whole 95% peaceful, 5% violent protest getting called a riot.

As for 'race riot', while I was looking for a source on the helicopter crash, one place I looked at called the whole Charlottesville protest a 'race riot'. The article playergamer linked earlier said that there's one for Berkeley on the 27th, and Berkeley is known for being a bit riotous.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: August 13, 2017, 09:22:01 pm »

If your opinion involves shit like "certain people are automatically inferior to me and people I decide are also better than others" or "it's ok to not just discriminate against others based on arbitrary bullshit, it's actually cool to just go ahead and kill them" then given the reaction of the rest of the world the last time people started actually turning those opinions into actions... maybe you should shut your fucking trap unless you're cool with getting popped in the mouth for being not just a nazi, but a fucking stupid one, at that

The Irony is palpable. I actually thought you were condemning the Witch Hunts at first.

@neonivek: What percentage of violent protestors would it need to be called a riot?

I am not sure such a system works.

And I only predicted that the current climate seems to suggest that we are reaching a boiling point to where we are going to have a major riot...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:25:41 pm by Neonivek »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: August 13, 2017, 09:25:22 pm »

There's no irony there.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:16 pm »

And I only predicted that the current climate seems to suggest that we are reaching a boiling point to where we are going to have a major riot...

And if Trump is his usual self, he's going to botch up the response and only make it worse :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: August 13, 2017, 09:29:26 pm »

There's no irony there.

He who slays 1000 demons becomes one.

Maybe mob mentality vigilante justice based on a moralizing ideology might not be the best approach. Yet I am sure it is ok, they are "right" after all... and as we all know, anyone who is right, can never be wrong.

And if Trump is his usual self, he's going to botch up the response and only make it worse :P

Yeah. Sounds about right.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:35:37 pm by Neonivek »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: August 13, 2017, 09:45:23 pm »

Sillystring+glitterbombing nazis is indeed a fantastic idea, but I think glitter counts as an std so it might violate the human right's act so while I'm still cool with it, I'd hate to see someone go up against shit involving terms like "tribunal" or "court of nations" without actually being a fucking nazi.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: August 13, 2017, 09:58:59 pm »

Like... I get the sentiment, and everything. But it does strike me that trading a thousand demons and only getting one new one back is a pretty good deal? Reducing your considered demon population by around 99.9% is usually considered fairly successful, I think.

Even better, running with the concept, once you've killed off about a million demons, you have a thousand new ones to deal with, can kill them, and have turned a million demons into one demon. This is damn good efficiency we're talking, here. I'm not sure it's a good bit of pith to use, all things considered.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:00:55 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 3564