Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4166533 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10590 on: August 13, 2017, 10:54:00 pm »

It's illegal to say George Soros' name because then his combination mind and weather control laser satellites will core out your brain and replace you with a military android who's finger guns shoot out the throats of patriot real Americans.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: August 13, 2017, 11:15:21 pm »

In other news, Charlottesville local douchebag that organized the rally is confronted at a press conference, runs like the little pussy he is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For all their Sturm und Drang rhetoric, these guys have the tiniest balls.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:17:00 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: August 13, 2017, 11:16:25 pm »

Black guy being beaten with sticks unprovoked.  Police officer standing and watching.  Others with their backs turned.

Also, the mayor of Lexington, KY has announced he's removing confederate statues from his city in response to the events in Charlottesville.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:18:19 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: August 13, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »

In other news, Charlottesville local douchebag that organized the rally is confronted at a press conference, runs like the little pussy he is.

Your link appears broken.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: August 13, 2017, 11:28:30 pm »

Never in history has someone EVER created a far worse problem in an attempt to fix another.

Um, George W. Bush and the Iraq war comes to mind. Though he was trying to fix a non-existent problem and aiming for completely the wrong thing. Shoulda invaded Saudi Arabia instead.
smjjames, I'm pretty sure that's sarcasm. Pretty obvious sarcasm at that. I thought Neo was laying it on thick too, but apparently not enough.

Well, if genetic bottlenecks aren't a problem and you don't care about killing millions of lookalike demons without getting bored of killing the nearly-exact-same-thing over and over. Or some wierd shit.
wierd can be weird sometimes, but don't blame them for things they didn't do; this demon mess is your doing! And you must bear the consequences, genetic bottlenecks and all!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: August 13, 2017, 11:29:31 pm »

Never in history has someone EVER created a far worse problem in an attempt to fix another.

Um, George W. Bush and the Iraq war comes to mind. Though he was trying to fix a non-existent problem and aiming for completely the wrong thing. Shoulda invaded Saudi Arabia instead.
smjjames, I'm pretty sure that's sarcasm. Pretty obvious sarcasm at that. I thought Neo was laying it on thick too, but apparently not enough.

I THIIIINK he knew I was being sarcastic (not 100% sure), and was just filling in a situation where exactly that happened.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: August 13, 2017, 11:37:19 pm »

From the other direction. Man tries to say something, gets shouted down and slandered with false accusations and police has to step in to protect him from physical violence. All for simply trying to say something in public.

Black guy being beaten with sticks unprovoked.  Police officer standing and watching.  Others with their backs turned.

Also, the mayor of Lexington, KY has announced he's removing confederate statues from his city in response to the events in Charlottesville.

We've got one still picture. It isn't clear whether the officer is standing there or moving in to help. It isn't clear what started it, but he admits he was taking part in the "counter-protests" which pushed things to violence in the first place. Article is written on a site with a clear bias and written in a way that clearly steers the narrative in a certain direction. The whole thing stinks of bad journalism.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: August 14, 2017, 12:37:11 am »

In the meantime, a bunch of idiot johnny-come-lately radicals are throwing a fit because the ACLU is suing Charlottesville for trying to shut down a legal protest. Like, y'all don't remember when the ACLU went to the SCOTUS to defend the Klan's speech rights?

Just glad that the ACLU still represents actual democratic values. Nice little bonus bit of schadenfreude for the awkwardness on the right when an organization they regularly malign stands up for their rights, too.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: August 14, 2017, 01:01:49 am »

We've got one still picture. It isn't clear whether the officer is standing there or moving in to help. It isn't clear what started it, but he admits he was taking part in the "counter-protests" which pushed things to violence in the first place. Article is written on a site with a clear bias and written in a way that clearly steers the narrative in a certain direction. The whole thing stinks of bad journalism.

So you get on the high horse about lack of evidence and bias, yet make a fairly significant, unsupported claim that it was the counter-protest that kicked off the violence.

Have you met the kettle?

Both sides came armed, it takes two to fuck.

I mean the protesters were there ostensibly to save a statue. Not really sure how anti-Semitic and Nazi chants are supposed to achieve that, but wtf do I know?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: August 14, 2017, 01:08:26 am »

So you get on the high horse about lack of evidence and bias, yet make a fairly significant, unsupported claim that it was the counter-protest that kicked off the violence.

Have you met the kettle?

I mean the protesters were there ostensibly to save a statue. Not really sure how anti-Semitic and Nazi chants are supposed to achieve that, but wtf do I know?

You said it yourself. One group showed up for a reason. Good or bad, they had their reason. The other group showed up entirely to antagonize the first.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: August 14, 2017, 01:19:43 am »

Have you met the kettle?

You said it yourself. One group showed up for a reason. Good or bad, they had their reason. The other group showed up entirely to antagonize the first.

Did they?

In the middle of Emancipation Park in Charlottesville on Saturday, two young women, one white and one black, took each other's hands and held them tightly, and with their other hands they gripped the steel barrier in front of them.

A few feet away, a young white man with a buzzed haircut and sunglasses leaned towards them over a facing barrier. "You'll be on the first f*****g boat home," he screamed at the black woman, before turning to the white woman. "And as for you, you're going straight to hell," he said. Then he gave a Nazi salute.

I imagine that was said with complete ignorance of the irony of having immigrant heritage. Does that sound like someone who's protesting the removal of a statue? Does that appear like the two women were there to antagonise the young man?

The article does later go on to tell the story of a white supremacist who had the shit kicked out of him by counter-protesters, but then again, there was that incident with the car mowing down the counter-protesters. Swings and roundabouts.

Maybe you can try to spin that into being the counter-protesters fault, too?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: August 14, 2017, 01:47:29 am »

Most predictable response ever :P

I'm also seeing claims (don't know how much of this is true) that the original protest wasn't just about the removal of a statue.  They also intended to intrude on St Paul's Memorial Church where Cornel West was speaking with some others about racism.  Supposedly one of the groups of anti-fascists who showed up that night stalled them when they were almost there, and the church was evacuated.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: August 14, 2017, 01:49:12 am »

Overly simplistic statement to complex and dynamic problem:

Violence is not an answer, nor a means to an answer.

Violence is an outcome when an answer is not found, and people cannot endure any longer.

Some problems have no solution; When there is a worldview that completely ostracizes another group and their world view, there cannot be a mutually acceptable answer. (See the middle east, et al.) All that happens is that both sides get fed up with each other, and the rate of new atrocity greatly outpaces the rate of healing and progress toward mutual understanding and acceptance. Eventually, even the initial cause of conflict is forgotten, and all that remains is the poisonous contempt, outrage, and mutual exclusionism. (See eg, Hatfields vs McCoys)

Which side of the Hatfield vs McCoy feud were the victims? Which side the aggressors?

At some point, when violence gets employed, there are no victims anymore. Just two sets of aggressors, taking everyone else along with them.

Allowing a situation to fester, to the point where violence becomes inevitable, is how you fail to find a solution. There might be some salvation if caught early, but after a certain point, history suggests that only allowing that fire to burn out really gets rid of it.

The protesters need to ask themselves a very important question:  Am I being part of a solution, by choosing to act this way?

This is a very important question, and one they MUST ask themselves, if they are going to try to claim that mantle; Violence is never a solution. It is a symptom of the problem getting worse.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: August 14, 2017, 01:52:42 am »

What was predictable about it? :o

I mean I'm just tired and angry. Call me naive, but violence is never the answer to a problem. I'm struggling to understand how someone can think it's a good idea to drive a car through a group of people just because they disagree with you.

Ah, unexpected ninja. Fuck it :P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: August 14, 2017, 01:55:29 am »

What was predictable about it? :o

I mean I'm just tired and angry. Call me naive, but violence is never the answer to a problem. I'm struggling to understand how someone can think it's a good idea to drive a car through a group of people just because they disagree with you.

Ah, unexpected ninja. Fuck it :P

It was directed at Sluissa's "just one picture - not conclusive" response, followed by throwing yet another claim that the counter-protesters are really responsible for the violence into the mix.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 3564