Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4170632 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10320 on: August 12, 2017, 03:32:46 pm »

Yeah. Iirc there were cops nearby just kinda' watching, at some point or another. Dunno if it was in the vid or not.

I came across that claim, too... but for all I've seen yet, that's still just a claim.

I'm cynical enough about law enforcement attitudes towards these things, that it doesn't take much to convince me, though.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10321 on: August 12, 2017, 03:35:29 pm »

Inb4 someone claims this is the left's fault for initiating the mob violence trend, because white nationalists would have remained peaceful if they didn't feel the need to avenge bike lock and Spencer punch.
⇦ ⇩ ⬃ ⇨ High Punch
SPENCAPANCHUUUUU!
You Win!
Flawless Victory

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: August 12, 2017, 03:42:31 pm »

I came across that claim, too... but for all I've seen yet, that's still just a claim.

I'm cynical enough about law enforcement attitudes towards these things, that it doesn't take much to convince me, though.
Yeah... maybe this time it just was folks getting things mixed up or somethin'. It'd be... nice isn't the right word, but something vaguely shaped like it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10323 on: August 12, 2017, 04:04:05 pm »

Speaking of Spencer, allegedly he was there and got arrested?
Oh yes, most certainly. When I mentioned we could put him on the priority list for the Ambrosia vaccine, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10324 on: August 12, 2017, 04:37:24 pm »

Oh yes, most certainly. When I mentioned we could put him on the priority list for the Ambrosia vaccine, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.
Wait what?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10325 on: August 12, 2017, 04:38:44 pm »

Wait what?

ChairmanPoo works for VersaLife, apparently.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: August 12, 2017, 05:03:32 pm »

Hm, on another forum (Obsidian Entertainment forum, if you want to know), someone who is a resident of Charlottesville said that there were reports of gunfire and there seems to be reports of a state police helicopter that was downed via gunfire. I did ask for an article link on that.

Pretty ancedotial as far as that goes, but if accurate, not good....

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: August 12, 2017, 05:05:41 pm »

Wait what?
Why contain it? Let it spill over to the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets! In the end, they'll beg us to save them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: August 12, 2017, 05:06:52 pm »

Meanwhile, Trump is doing a vagueish condemnation of the whole thing, though it sounds like he's blaming violence on both sides rather than just the white supremacists/nationalists.

Of course, why would he upset his voter base
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10329 on: August 12, 2017, 05:11:30 pm »

Hm, on another forum (Obsidian Entertainment forum, if you want to know), someone who is a resident of Charlottesville said that there were reports of gunfire and there seems to be reports of a state police helicopter that was downed via gunfire. I did ask for an article link on that.

Seems like the kind of thing you have an actual report on. Police helicopters don't tend to go down without plenty of people seeing. But if it was true, wouldn't surprise me if some freedom loving individual decided the day was good in general for lashing out at "the state."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: August 12, 2017, 05:19:19 pm »

Seems like the kind of thing you have an actual report on. Police helicopters don't tend to go down without plenty of people seeing. But if it was true, wouldn't surprise me if some freedom loving individual decided the day was good in general for lashing out at "the state."

Found one through google's news aggregate: http://wset.com/news/local/report-helicopter-crashes-near-golf-course-in-charlottesville No indication on how it happened or whether it's related.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10331 on: August 12, 2017, 05:51:54 pm »

Why contain it
yeeyyayaaahhh

Score so far:
*Police flying good: 0
*Baneposters:        1
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:56:14 pm by Loud Whispers »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: August 12, 2017, 05:53:28 pm »

3 confirmed dead.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: August 12, 2017, 05:55:25 pm »

3 confirmed dead.

Does that include the two people that were in the chopper?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: August 12, 2017, 05:56:06 pm »

If some neo-nazi actually went and shot down a police helicopter...man. There's gonna be as much of a shitstorm about that as the car murder. I've never even heard of a police helicopter getting downed.

Were there any reports of people shining lasers at it? That seems more plausible to me than bullets.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 3564