Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4170478 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10305 on: August 12, 2017, 02:39:21 pm »

Inb4 someone claims this is the left's fault for initiating the mob violence trend, because white nationalists would have remained peaceful if they didn't feel the need to avenge bike lock and Spencer punch.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: August 12, 2017, 02:42:09 pm »

Has the driver been arrested? Do we know that it was intentional? Playing devil's advocate here, but it doesn't pay to jump to conclusion.

It definetly LOOKS intentional, from the way it happened, but theres no 100% conclusion yet. I haven't heard anything about the driver being found yet.

Inb4 someone claims this is the left's fault for initiating the mob violence trend, because white nationalists would have remained peaceful if they didn't feel the need to avenge bike lock and Spencer punch.

Fingers are going to be pointed regardless.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: August 12, 2017, 02:44:29 pm »

Yeah, there's video. If it's not intentional, it was god's own hand making it look like it was.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: August 12, 2017, 02:45:12 pm »

So... was the car rammed into the pro-statue/white nationalist protesters or the counter-protesters?

I second the call for caution. While the protesters are reported to have been wearing armour and wielding shields, suggesting they were ready for a fight, it does take a special kind of bastard to ram a car into a crowd of people purely because they disagree with you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: August 12, 2017, 02:46:14 pm »

... they broke through a line of cars to ram into a group of counter protesters, yes. Frankly caution can fuck right off at the moment.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: August 12, 2017, 02:50:11 pm »

... they broke through a line of cars to ram into a group of counter protesters, yes. Frankly caution can fuck right off at the moment.

And then drove right off away from there. If that doesn't heavily indicate intent, then I don't know what does.

So... was the car rammed into the pro-statue/white nationalist protesters or the counter-protesters?

I second the call for caution. While the protesters are reported to have been wearing armour and wielding shields, suggesting they were ready for a fight, it does take a special kind of bastard to ram a car into a crowd of people purely because they disagree with you.

Not sure about armor, but I've definetly seen shields in footage.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: August 12, 2017, 02:54:06 pm »

A good deal of blame, from what I understand, can be placed on the city officials. The protesters were at first officially denied a permit to march at the park and were sent to a different, larger one nearby instead, but the organizers threatened to sue over it and the judge, knowing full well they'd probably win, rescinded the order. The city police however still tried to use force to move the marchers to the other larger park, and in doing so sent them directly through the counter-protest's picket.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: August 12, 2017, 03:05:23 pm »

Huh. Well, at least one GOP critter looks to have had the balls to at least say it straight on twitter, gods know if they'll go further than that. Can't really recall how surprising it is to be coming from rubio, though.
Ask not!
Ask!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: August 12, 2017, 03:09:42 pm »

Speaking of Spencer, allegedly he was there and got arrested?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: August 12, 2017, 03:12:55 pm »

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/12/542982015/home-to-university-of-virginia-prepares-for-violence-at-white-nationalist-rally

It was inevitable.
Its funny, every time I see someone in this thread talking about how antifa is killing people with leftist violence, I ask them to produce a legit news article about someone murdered by antifa.  And they never give me even one.

Now we finally have a clash between alt-right and counterprotestors, in which someone is killed.  And its a peaceful counterprotestor getting hit by a car :/
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: August 12, 2017, 03:14:25 pm »

Speaking of Spencer, allegedly he was there and got arrested?
There appears to be pictures, at the absolute least.
Ask not!
Ask!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: August 12, 2017, 03:21:11 pm »

Video just came up on my Facebook of people getting beaten with lit torches lastnight, too.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: August 12, 2017, 03:24:22 pm »

Video just came up on my Facebook of people getting beaten with lit torches lastnight, too.

All that's missing are the pitchforks aren't we :P /s

Meanwhile, Trump is doing a vagueish condemnation of the whole thing, though it sounds like he's blaming violence on both sides rather than just the white supremacists/nationalists.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: August 12, 2017, 03:25:23 pm »

Yeah. Iirc there were cops nearby just kinda' watching, at some point or another. Dunno if it was in the vid or not.

And yeah, that was what the craven piece of shit bit was about.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: August 12, 2017, 03:29:06 pm »

Also, in a bit of irony, those were tiki/hawaiian/polynesian torches used, not white-people-made torches.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 3564