Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4252399 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2700 on: February 25, 2017, 06:12:17 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-white-house-correspondents-dinner-235397

Quote from: A big orange crybaby
"I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening,"
"Waaahhhhh, I don't like when people can't be forced to be nice to me, it hurts muh feefees, make em shaddup mistuh bannon!"

Good lord.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: February 25, 2017, 06:14:26 pm »

He's seen Colbert's roast of Bush.

Trump's unwillingness to turn up at the event is actually in line with classic narcissism. Narcisissts live on praise and have a very thin skin to criticism. But it's all paper thin. They will wriggle out of the immediate situation in which they're being criticized. Trump didn't like the idea that he'd be expected to sit there while people attacked his presidency with humor, and not be able to control the situation.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:19:31 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: February 25, 2017, 06:17:54 pm »

I believe theres a bill running around which is supposed to make it mandatory for Presidential nominees to release tax returns and tax stuff. It was mentioned months ago, so, I don't know what it's current fate is. Unlikely to get passed while the Republicans are in power though.

It all comes down to how so much of how we do Presidential elections and everything is actually tradition and not enshrined in law. Theres plenty enshrined in law and the Constitution, yeah, but there's a huge amount that is simply tradition.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-white-house-correspondents-dinner-235397

Quote from: A big orange crybaby
"I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening,"
"Waaahhhhh, I don't like when people can't be forced to be nice to me, it hurts muh feefees, make em shaddup mistuh bannon!"

Good lord.

He's seen Colbert's roast of Bush.

Trump's unwillingness to turn up at the event is actually in line with classic narcissism: avoiding a situation in which he can be criticized and not have the power to turn it off with a switch.

There's been criticism of the event becoming too much of an entertainment event anyway, so, there's that reasoning. Besides, Trump is the embodiment of anti-establishment and the event is an establishment event, so, it fits anyway.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:20:28 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:06 pm »

Besides remember it isn't Trump's style to have a sense of humor.

Sure he had a roast... but Hollywood roasts tend to be... Backhanded insults. >_>

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: February 25, 2017, 06:28:08 pm »

He was also at one where Obama and uh... Meyers I think were zinging him, but man, I don't understand how it is possible for some people on the right to look in a mirror after all the time spent mocking and bitching at liberals for their feelings and snowflakery when they put someone in power with skin so thin you can actually see through it to the solidified cheeto dust beneath!

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: February 25, 2017, 07:27:58 pm »

Honesty, I fully expect that at least several of the things that were traditional for presidential candidates to do, but weren't law, and that Trump didn't do, will probably become mandatory by law the next time the Democrats are in power. Just my two cents.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: February 25, 2017, 08:25:43 pm »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/a-trump-voters-message-to-retailers-keep-your-mouths-shut-about-our-president/2017/02/25/7aa87228-f852-11e6-bf01-d47f8cf9b643_story.html

“I’m very disappointed in what’s happened with the Trump line,” she tells him. “I hate to do this — I’m not a real activist — but I learned a long, long time ago that you cannot mix business and politics.” The manager listens patiently. Carson, who worked in marketing before she retired, pulls out her Neiman Marcus credit card and prepares to give it back. It was the obvious thing to do, she says, once the retailer stopped carrying Ivanka Trump’s jewelry line on its website a few weeks ago.

“If the company feels like they can hurt the daughter of a president by doing something like this, that’s mean,” said Carson, who voted for Trump. “I feel very strongly about that.”

A week earlier, Carson had driven to the nearby Nordstrom and returned her store credit card. She’d had that card since 1988, she told the manager, and had used it to buy at least one St. John suit a year — price tag, roughly $1,400 — for decades.

“I said to her, ‘You all really are the best store in the area,’ ” recalled Carson, who lives in Vienna, Va. “ ‘It’s a shame you couldn’t keep your mouths shut about our president.’ ”

A few days later, Carson is back at the mall. It’s Sunday afternoon, just after church, and she sees something that startles her: a ­T-shirt that says “F*** America” prominently displayed in a store entrance.

She walks in and asks the manager to remove it. “It’s not appropriate,” she says. When he refuses — it’s his opinion against hers, he tells her — she enlists the mall’s management. The shirt is removed.

Nordstrom says its decision to drop the brand was based on plummeting sales, not politics. Company documents obtained by the Wall Street Journal showed that sales of Ivanka Trump clothing and shoes fell more than 70 percent in the weeks before the presidential election.

It's called the Free Market, baby.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:31:25 pm by Reelya »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: February 25, 2017, 08:44:08 pm »

It's called the Free Market, baby.

At least until somebody with power has their feelings hurt.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: February 25, 2017, 08:56:13 pm »

They dealt with the campaign ads, they can deal with tshirts. If they can't they shouldn't have bothered running.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: February 25, 2017, 09:14:19 pm »

smjjames, you might want to edit your post. You are repeating yourself.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: February 25, 2017, 09:17:00 pm »

President Donald Trump said via Twitter: “Congratulations to Thomas Perez, who has just been named Chairman of the DNC. I could not be happier for him, or for the Republican Party!”

Trump really is a monumental asshole isn't he? Like he can't be polite even for a second. Every statement is either boasting about himself, or sneering at someone else's expense.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: February 25, 2017, 09:19:31 pm »

smjjames, you might want to edit your post. You are repeating yourself.

I guess....

Fixed the redundancy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: February 25, 2017, 09:23:52 pm »

President Donald Trump said via Twitter: “Congratulations to Thomas Perez, who has just been named Chairman of the DNC. I could not be happier for him, or for the Republican Party!”

Trump really is a monumental asshole isn't he? Like he can't be polite even for a second. Every statement is either boasting about himself, or sneering at someone else's expense.
He's one of those people who are incapable of exiting the struggle for social dominance, I think. If you're against him, he needs to trump you (I'm not sorry), but even if you're for him he treats you as a building block in his massive phallic symbolism tower and thus accepts no dissent. I suspect most of us know someone who's like this.

Thank god Trump came along so far into America's history, I'd hate for him to be remembered as our first Slytherin president.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: February 25, 2017, 10:06:16 pm »

Honestly I'm kind of interested in what sort of formative events could have distorted his personality to this degree. It's above and beyond the usual self-aggrandizing shit that such people normally indulge in (even discounting the additional opportunities which come with perceptions of wealth). Note: perceptions, since Trump keeps running his businesses into the group and slime-talking his way into new loans.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: February 25, 2017, 11:01:39 pm »

Trump reminds me remarkably of my father, honestly. Both how Trump acts in general, and a lot of what I've heard about Trump's personal relationships and faily history. They've even both got that sort of transparent, "I genuinely don't care about the substance of policy at all, I believe what's popular" thing going, and that pathological need to exaggerate, be the best at everything ever, the paper-trail of scandal and failure that never seems to slow them down in the slightest, and other things like that. The similarities are quite striking, and I think that whatever differences between the two that there are are solely down to accidents of birth. I always did say that if my father had any tolerance for working hard he could easily have been President or something, but perhaps instead of working hard, all he needed was a small loan of a million dollars.

If you guys are curious, I could tell you a bit more. The similarities really are astonishing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 11:03:11 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 3569