Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: \Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase III  (Read 8946 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I was thinking, would we be able to make a much more powerful then normal Lv 1 ability if we give it a very negative passive component? If you would need a clear example I can give the one I'm thinking of.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I was thinking, would we be able to make a much more powerful then normal Lv 1 ability if we give it a very negative passive component? If you would need a clear example I can give the one I'm thinking of.

Yes, as long as it was balance appropriate, but high risk high reward abilities are a welcome addition.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, as long as it was balance appropriate, but high risk high reward abilities are a welcome addition.
Well, what I was thinking, was the avatar would have two powerful spiked tentacles for arms, which they can shoot out with extreme force, at the cost of the character lacking fine manipulation.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd probably fine with that. I assume this means they can not wield any weapons or items in their (lack of) hands.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. Now to get to making the character sheet. And hope I don't get discouraged by everyone else RPing quickly while I'm asleep.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Ah sorry, I fixed it. got rid of old school move speed.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. Now to get to making the character sheet. And hope I don't get discouraged by everyone else RPing quickly while I'm asleep.

This game's a lot more linear than what you might be used to, so it's not like the characters are going to disperse everywhere, going on dates and hanging out while you're asleep. There will be dialogue and inter-player interaction, but I don't think it's as vital as it is in say, a school RP.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

This game's a lot more linear than what you might be used to, so it's not like the characters are going to disperse everywhere, going on dates and hanging out while you're asleep. There will be dialogue and inter-player interaction, but I don't think it's as vital as it is in say, a school RP.

So, like the original game. Sure, there was some good roleplaying in the first RTD:PC (I seem to remember a speech for the fallen after the False Ending), but the name of the game is to fight things, leading up to an epic boss fight. And I love it.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Spoiler: the teenager lol (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:02:12 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

hey look

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On one hand, I want to be an engineer both because we don't have one and it also fits the character, on the other tentacle spike I want to be a gamer because my Avatar can't do much outside of combat due to lacking hands and it would ALSO fit the character. So the question here is should I focus on making my avatar or my teenager more useful

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

On one hand, I want to be an engineer both because we don't have one and it also fits the character, on the other tentacle spike I want to be a gamer because my Avatar can't do much outside of combat due to lacking hands and it would ALSO fit the character. So the question here is should I focus on making my avatar or my teenager more useful
Engineer, imho.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:56:54 am by Failbird105 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@spumpkin: You said psychic overload results in death mostly, is that flavor? I spoke earlier on my tendency to slide away from one-hit kills. If that's the case, acept.

@Blitz: Endless Sunlight is going to work more slowly than you described it, at least for its early levels, but I understand the concept and it is fine. ur sheeet exceppted

@Failbird: When the tentacles are in Trap mode, can they be damaged to stop the Trap? ax ept

The introductory turn will be posted later today.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@spumpkin: You said psychic overload results in death mostly, is that flavor? I spoke earlier on my tendency to slide away from one-hit kills. If that's the case, acept.

@Blitz: Endless Sunlight is going to work more slowly than you described it, at least for its early levels, but I understand the concept and it is fine. ur sheeet exceppted

@Failbird: When the tentacles are in Trap mode, can they be damaged to stop the Trap? ax ept

The introductory turn will be posted later today.
Yep, they can. I'm planning on using my first extra ability points to let my tentacles regenerate quickly when destroyed... Or actually, maybe I could spend two points and have the level 2 of tentacle trap be that they can't be destroyed in trap mode.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:49:59 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9