Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: \Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase III  (Read 8933 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
\Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase III
« on: January 05, 2017, 12:04:07 am »

June 17th, 1986
And you stop sprinting, because there's no way he could be following you anymore. Jamie is relentless but he is slow, and you've eluded him by scrambling deep into the misty forest. With your pursuer out of sight, you hunker down behind a pine tree and process what had happened over the course of the last five minutes. Sally Fervixon, the darling debutante of the affluent family venerated throughout the central Tennessee region, had rented out the entire campsite of Lake Kerwosaki to throw a party celebrating the end of the school year. Sally sent an open invitation to high schoolers throughout the area, and for the first time everyone from the most popular preppies to the oddish outcasts would convene at one function to drink, dance and attempt to get lucky.

When Sally stepped out of the forest, everyone's eyes were fixated on her, some in awe, others in jealousy. A handful spotted the hulking humanoid figure tailing her from the rear, but their cries were too late. With one quick swing of a bludgeon, Sally was face down, the innards of her skull awash in the soil. Most of your peers, like yourself, took to running, some of the bravest and largest confronted Jamie as a group, and the masked entity battered through them like a MMA fighter mascaraing a kindergarten class.

Once you catch your breath, you realize that some sort of metal device with an electronic screen has been fastened to your left arm, extending from the bottom of your wrist down halfway your forearm. In the center of this module is a screen, displaying an electronic written passage:

The reign of Princess Celestia is over. The war has been won, with a pyrrhic cost.
Most Heroes and Gods are dead or gravely wounded. A power vacuum has allowed the most ambitious survivors to try and succeed the Sun Princess's throne. Of those, the old Titan Atlas has been freed from his literally earthbound prison and is forming his own empire on the blood of the nations that have been left depleted in morale and manpower from the last war.
A band of brave souls, seasoned heroes and fresh recruits alike, is forming to oppose the treachery of Atlas.
Are you a bad enough dude to save the world?
-TITANOMACHY-

*CHOOSE AN AVATAR*

Spoiler: TLDR (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gameplay & Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cliques (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Discord Channel

Player List:
1. S34N1C - Jimmy Smith / Giant Dad
2. MidnightJaguar - Jack Austin / DOOM Guy
3. Wipeout - "Sharquia" Shay Waters / Rochelle
4. ATHATH - Fred Johnson / Fred
5. Greatness - Joystick" Clarke / Tobias Creed
6. Ironsnake - Terrance Warden / Dunklesteinn
7. Blitz - Mattew Kentwood / Karlson Meakin
8. Spümpkin - June Wildes / Yun
9. Failbird - Briefers "Briefs" Rock / The Scourge

Waitlist:
1. IcyTea - Francis Gray / Rebel

Graveyard:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:37:34 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved, I guess? If we can even do that? I'll be posting a sheet tomorrow, probably.

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:55:22 am by Elephant Parade »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

In. Let's do this.

Spoiler: My Teenager (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Avatar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:47:10 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

i guess this looks pretty cool or something lol

might post a sheet later today or something, iunno
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Ooooooo.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile

YES. May I reserve a spot? I'll have something up in a few hours.

EDIT: Here you go!

Spoiler: Shay Waters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rochelle (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:59:05 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

this looks cool

Spoiler: Teenager (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Avatar (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:39:42 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Character Sheet:

Spoiler:  Teenager (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Avatar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:20:04 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Greatness: Regarding "Vampiric Defense", do stakes not result in fatal damage? Historically they've been the go-to tool to kill vampires. And does sunlight in general damage him? For his inventory I would go with a Boombox, as an Ipod would be anachronistic. You can bump "The Radio Host" advantage to a +2 because of its specificity.

@wipeout: While "HELL NO." is not strong right now, it has the potential to snowball into an OP status within a few levels, as +3 resistance/defense to all attacks would turn her into a juggernaut. I would suggest starting with something like 50% chance to gain +1 Resistance to enemy attacks. Alternatively, you could specify Physical Resistance instead, which covers any attacks like melee weapons, guns, direct magic, etc., but not mental/status ailments. You don't have to keep track of ammunition for the Shotgun, most conventional weapons will be considered to have unlimited ammunition for convenience sake.

@S34N1C: Giant Dad is properly balanced, even if a lot of his starting equipment is rather odd especially in the context of the game, but that parts up to you. Accepted.

@Midnight: I'm going to take BFG's text of "annihilating whatever it hits" as flavor text, as there are still some types of enemies that will not be One-Hit Killed by it. I would accept it being able to destroy just about any mook in the early game, and perhaps even some of the early bosses, but as we might encounter later it will not be a One-Hit solution; at the same time, even tougher enemies are not going to just shrug off a mobile ball of nuclear fission, so it would still do significant damage, just not fatal damage each time. If this is acceptable, the character is accepted. 
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Completely acceptable, honestly that would make the BFG work more like it does in the DOOM anyway.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Completely acceptable, honestly that would make the BFG work more like it does in the DOOM anyway.

Aight, you in.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile

Yeah, just changed HELL NO to Physical Resistance. Also, removed ammo count for the shotgun.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, just changed HELL NO to Physical Resistance. Also, removed ammo count for the shotgun.

Coo, accepted.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ATHATH: I'm interpreting the last part of summon to mean that the power/number of summons you conjure up has an inverse relationship with how likely you are to control them?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9