Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: \Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase III  (Read 8952 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

@spumpkin: You said psychic overload results in death mostly, is that flavor? I spoke earlier on my tendency to slide away from one-hit kills. If that's the case, acept.

@Blitz: Endless Sunlight is going to work more slowly than you described it, at least for its early levels, but I understand the concept and it is fine. ur sheeet exceppted

@Failbird: When the tentacles are in Trap mode, can they be damaged to stop the Trap? ax ept

The introductory turn will be posted later today.
That was semiflavour, yes. It doesn't instakill anything, it just deals mental damage in an area.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The module screen begins scrolling through a rotation of digital characters that the game calls "Avatars". Most of them don't look like anything special, except for one. The allure of this Avatar is so great that you instinctively press a finger on the screen lest it rotates past this captivating character. It lists out this Avatar's name, age, a list of abilities for whatever this game is exactly, though you have a suspicion that it is not like Super Mario Bros. First and foremost, the graphics are much more life-like than anything you've seen presented by a home console or an arcade machine. You click the "Accept" box for this Avatar and they do a little jig as the game declares that they have been chosen by you. Before you can explore further into this game, a bird caws in the distance and your focus reverts back into reality; no charming character is going to save you from the man on your tail. Reorienting yourself with the layout of the forest, you cautiously continue, further distancing yourself from the original campsite.

About ten minutes later, you come to a clearing revealing a single story camping lodge, and to your relief, a small band of teenagers huddled in front of it. You walk over to them, making sure to be obvious enough to prevent alarm. After some quick introductions, you can tell that everyone had the same idea once Jamie appeared in the middle of the camp. Just as your talking to them, another teen comes through the brush, and a second one hardly a minute later. It appears that everyone that ran in a certain direction had all come to this single spot. You wait after the ninth arrival, but it's obvious at that point that the flow of refugees has been siphoned. Everyone else must have ran in a different direction, at least that's what you hope. Now that you have a defined group, it's time to take action. Obviously, the lodge was a point of interest as they were all stocked with a few pieces of camping equipment that could be of vital use.

It is over seven years past the anniversary of the Fall of the Celestian Empire. A small party of partisans has come together to discuss and plan about what must be done about the rise of the Atlassian Empire; although the Atlassian Empire is currently small, it's borders are spreading exponentially fast, devouring small nations around it too meager or exhausted to resist. The clandestine location of this meeting was McFadden's Taven', a locally popular dive-bar in the suburbs of Neo-Atlanta. McFadden is a stout and powerfully built man with a full fiery beard and a jolly composition, he claims to have some Dwarf blood. A veteran of the Popular Uprising Solidarity Soldier Yakuza Movement, compromising the collective of volunteer citizens who stood up to the Celestian Empire en masse, McFadden was happy to let this new group of warriors congregate in his little establishment, food and drink free of charge. "It's all I can do to lend my part in making sure history doesn't repeat itself, and what's brewing over the horizon burns my bones," he remarked when the party first arrived.

The entrance to the bar is right off a narrow but popular street. The full bar is adjacent to the door, so that you can sit down and get your crunk on right away. The top shelves of the bar itself houses two large televisions, broadcasting two games of Pelota Ball, the most popular sport in the Western Hemisphere. Further down, the bar is splits off into two areas. The Western half is full of your traditional round wooden tables while the East contains a section of recreational bar games such a billiards table and dart boards. All the way to the back are a walls of large booths for bigger parties, and it is at one of these that the group sits at, forming machinations over alcohol, soda, chicken wing and french fries. The crowd is fairly thick tonight, and diverse with races of people short and tall, skinny and muscular, smooth or furry or even composed of non-organic material that makes up an outer membrane. Despite this, the group can talk without whispering, as it is very unlikely that any Atlassian agents would be in this rinky-dink hole in the wall.

Spoiler: Shay Waters / Rochelle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred Johnson / Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mattew Kentwood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  June Wildes / Yun (click to show/hide)

The Teens are free to interact, explore and perform actions as they see fit. The Avatars are in a state of non-fighting, so they do need to do anything, but they are free to interact with each other and their environment to develop relationships and their own personas.

This game now has a Discord Chat Channel.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:20:46 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: \Duplicity/ Finding Friends
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2017, 08:24:27 pm »

Real World

Clarke huddles next to the rest of them, her mouth shut tight by both the fear and the group around her. While she does nod to the nearby lodge, she waits for someone braver to speak up.

Other World

Tobias sits at the table, red wine in his hands as he looks around the group. He opens his mouth, and quietly says, "So, who's this "Atlas" joker, anyway?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2017, 08:46:18 pm »

The Real World

Shay idly checks her nails, before turning to face the rest of the group. "So, first of all, let's start with some introductions? I don't know bout like half of you, because sorry, I do not socialize with those lower on the social ladder than me. But anyways, I'm Shay, and I think we should go search the lodge, for something, if we wanna like, live. I don't think nobody here wants to get murdered by some crazy ax murderer." She looks much more worried now.

The...Game?

Rochelle sits cross-legged at the table with everyone else. She sips a bit of her white wine. "Atlas, Atlas, Atlas. To put it shortly, he's a tyrant, who probably wants to conquer everything. And I mean everything."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:48:11 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2017, 09:05:43 pm »

The "Real" World

Brief shivers a bit, he's legitimately having to put in effort not to piss himself right now. He should have brought his PKE. "well, uhh, I'm Briefers, Briefers Rock. I just build things most of the time."

"Game" World

The Scourge floated quietly, as always. It's eye was closed, it's tentacles hanging from around its neck much like a scarf. "All tyrants fall. Some just need a push."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:10:36 pm by Failbird105 »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2017, 09:36:54 pm »

Jimmy Smith

"I agree, we should search for useful stuff. The name's Jimmy."

Giant Dad

Giant Dad enjoys a very large mug of ale, and merely listens to the conversation.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2017, 09:40:50 pm »

((Is it too late to give my Teen a first name, assuming I can?))
Real World

Even though she glares at Shay, Clarke stays quiet until Jimmy speaks, where she quietly whispers out, "I-I'm Clarke."

Tobias doesn't seem fazed at all about his traveling crew, and says, "Yeah, sure. They all fall. It's just that, instead of a push, I'd rather an old fashioned, permanent way. Do you know if this joker has, I don't know, veins of any sort?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2017, 09:44:04 pm »

Reality

June sits, motionless with her legs folded, appearing calm as ever. "I am June."

She nods her head at Shay, agreeing with the idea of searching the lodge.

In-Game

Yun flits around the room happily, quietly musing to itself.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2017, 09:45:58 pm »

@Greatness: You're free to add a first name.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2017, 09:48:43 pm »

The "Real" World

Brief nods. "I uh, I think we should check the lodge too."

"Game" World

The Scourge laughs with Tobias' words. It's a slow, wheezing laugh.
"Hhhhhhehhehhehhehehhhh"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2017, 10:02:45 pm »

The Real World

Shay raises her eyebrow at Clarke, but then nods at the group. "So, is it decided? We're gonna go in the lodge and look around for stuff? Does anybody disagree with what I'm saying?"

The...Game?

Rochelle looks somewhat rattled by the Scourge's laugh, eyes widening. "So, yeah..."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2017, 10:06:19 pm »

Lana Clarke

Clarke shakes her head and carefully stands up, turning to the Lodge, but still waiting for the others.

Tobias Creed

Tobias turns his head to the odd tentacle thing and subtly bares his fangs while talking, saying, "I meant it.". He then looks at Rochelle and asks, "So, what's your story?"

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2017, 10:22:29 pm »

The "Real" World

Brief just kinda, looks around. Which may lead to some wondering how he can see through all the hair in the way. It's something he's wondered in the past too, but hey, it works.

"Game" World

The Scourge opens its eye, it's pupil moving to look at the Vampire "I am quite fond of the, hhehehehehh, old fashioned, methods. Never went out of style if you ask me."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2017, 11:00:21 pm »

Tobias Creed

Turning to the Scourge, he nods while saying, "Right, right. Never went out of style. Favorite methods."

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2017, 11:02:54 pm »

Real world.
Terrence suddenly snaps to attention.
"O-oh, sorry, I was lost in thought a moment. I'm Terrence, and yeah, I think we should search that lodge for materials to possibly combat and/or escape the horrible, horrible murderer who is currently out for our blood.
In other news, I might be able to put some stuff we find in there to good use. I'm not an engineer like Brief here, but I'm good with chemicals and I've been doing homemade fireworks and explosives for a while now; I might be able to find something of use in there. Even if a flash powder firecracker to the face isn't enough to stop this freak, it aught to at least distract him."

"game" world.
Dunkelsteinn, like the enormous patriarch in the room, is also enjoying a large mug of ale and silently listening to the conversation. He is also eating chicken wings via a technique in which he perfectly removes the bones from the meat before eating them. As another chunk of loose meat disappears beneath his enormous hat, he raises his ale, offering Giant Dad a toast. To what, nobody knows.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9