Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137292 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Stand guard, watching out for any creatures or movment, if anything seems hostile I'll preemptively fire, but ONLY IF IT SEEMS HOSTILE!.

"I say it's time our diver takes a better look at these surroundings."

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Didnt that plan get vetoed  as Yarrick turned around he saw the starfish thing start attacking paintings Hey stop that! These could be sold or bartered.
wack the idiot with my gun till he stops being stupid or awake witch ever comes first
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 04:55:44 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

Okay, fine. Good. I guess. Time to dive to a depth suitable to acquire dank knowledges and mantras.

Spoiler: Jenkens (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Continue following Joshua. Also inspect the statue and the surroundings for anything interesting/of note/dangerous.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Em sits in the crawler.

Legs the Mover relocates the crawler to a (hopefully) safe distance from Shenanigans McFIvearms the eyeless vandal and the comically aggressive exploration subcommittee on Suicide by proxy.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Examine the statue and the stuff that's on the ground. Can I feel any special Deep connection around here?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Continue following Joshua. Also inspect the statue and the surroundings for anything interesting/of note/dangerous.

The suff thats on the ground is fairly banal, mostly clay pots filled with what might have once been food but has now rotted to the point of becoing nothing but dirt. There are also some bundles of arrows, a few spirts, rotted drums, and piles of stones. But in the center of the room is a quite amazing thing; the statue is a clay bear, with the body sculpted from clay and the head made from a bear's skull. Its a huge thing, 7 foot at the shoulder, with the handprints of its ancient builders still clear on its surface. Embedded in its sides are a half dozen wooden spears, clearly on their way to crumbling away.  The statue is standing directly over a mummified corpse that is curled in the fetal position under it. You feel a faint connection to the deep from the statue.

Hang from the harness and paint the outside of the bore as if it was a worm-face

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
The drill itself or the metal encircling and holdign the drill?

Smash some paintings, I guess.  Starfish can't appreciate fine art due to their lack of eyes, and are therefore angered by it when they are informed of its existence.

Also, the hamster actually managed a difficulty five build roll, despite having only 14 build?  So, got the lucky 9% success instead of the 91% suicide?

How do you smash a cave painting? You slam your limbs against the cave walls but the walls don't crumble.

Is attaching an eye disk a roll in the rules? If It is, I forgot.

Stand guard, watching out for any creatures or movment, if anything seems hostile I'll preemptively fire, but ONLY IF IT SEEMS HOSTILE!.

"I say it's time our diver takes a better look at these surroundings."

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
You guard some stands.

Didnt that plan get vetoed  as Yarrick turned around he saw the starfish thing start attacking paintings Hey stop that! These could be sold or bartered.
wack the idiot with my gun till he stops being stupid or awake witch ever comes first

Cave. Paintings.

Ie paintings on the cave itself. You can't exactly move them without literally cutting a chunk out of the rock.

Okay, fine. Good. I guess. Time to dive to a depth suitable to acquire dank knowledges and mantras.

What depth specifically? I wanna know exactly how badly you screw things up.

Em sits in the crawler.

Legs the Mover relocates the crawler to a (hopefully) safe distance from Shenanigans McFIvearms the eyeless vandal and the comically aggressive exploration subcommittee on Suicide by proxy.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
Legs drives the crawler back into the bore, shuts the outer doors and waits with the radio on for the screaming to start.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hang from the harness and paint the outside of the bore as if it was a worm-face

Whichever seems more appropriate.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Oh, nevermind, I was wrong, eye disks are installed for free, unlike all the other living engines.  Don't check the rules yourself, or at least not until I get the disk back from that damn hamster, you can trust me.  Hypothetically, if a build roll were required, the hamster wouldn't retroactively detonate from critfailing the installation roll, yes?  Hypothetically.

Uhh.  In any case, if there's any other obvious exits, Sifeebt's going to lay flat on the ground, and scuttle in as stealthily as possible.  If this room does seem like a dead end, he'll go grab that statue in the center and try to drag it back to the crawler.  Or smash the base if he can't move it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Inspect the mummy in more detail. Use a poking stickTM if needed to move it around to try and get a look at its face. Does it resemble the figure from the cave paintings?

Think of a cool sort of marking to burn/write/draw onto things I resurrect or reincarnate. Like a logo, seal or cattle branding thing.

Accompany the away team by taking a nap in Joshua's backpack. See if there's anything there I could use to attach this eyes disk more permanently. Failing that, try to dive while pressing the thing into my head.
((By the way egan, are you trying to sneakily hide in the backpack, or can I assume Joshua knows he has a hamster hitching a ride?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Legs and Emissary will continue waiting for the screaming. I assume this does not require a roll, therefore I assume it is a safe, placeholder action and needs no character sheet.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Examine the bear from a distance are the spears symmetrical and likely to be artistic or did someone throw spears at an inanimate object

(I'm getting dark souls mimic vibes from this on the one hand loot on the other painful death)

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Watch with certain sense of unease as Joshua pokes the statue and observe the effects (if any)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

How the hell would I know what depth to go to? I'm a bloody hamster! Just dive till it seems like I could grab some power.

((By the way egan, are you trying to sneakily hide in the backpack, or can I assume Joshua knows he has a hamster hitching a ride?))
((I'm not trying to be sneaky about it, but then again I'm not trying to be seen either. Why don't you roll that Find stat of yours?~))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Whichever seems more appropriate.
Well, painting on the drill would be pretty meaningless since it would just get stripped off as the drill dug, so we'll put it on the metal around the drill. Your build is zero so I'm gonna say you complete the paint job but it looks like something a 5 year old would do.

Oh, nevermind, I was wrong, eye disks are installed for free, unlike all the other living engines.  Don't check the rules yourself, or at least not until I get the disk back from that damn hamster, you can trust me.  Hypothetically, if a build roll were required, the hamster wouldn't retroactively detonate from critfailing the installation roll, yes?  Hypothetically.

Uhh.  In any case, if there's any other obvious exits, Sifeebt's going to lay flat on the ground, and scuttle in as stealthily as possible.  If this room does seem like a dead end, he'll go grab that statue in the center and try to drag it back to the crawler.  Or smash the base if he can't move it.

Nah. Not retroactively.

You scuttle over to the statue and start yanking on it. [01/70] Despite it being absurdly heavy and made of dense clay, you manage to drag it back to the crawer. However, you can't get it inside with all these spears sticking out of it.

Inspect the mummy in more detail. Use a poking stickTM if needed to move it around to try and get a look at its face. Does it resemble the figure from the cave paintings?

Think of a cool sort of marking to burn/write/draw onto things I resurrect or reincarnate. Like a logo, seal or cattle branding thing.

Accompany the away team by taking a nap in Joshua's backpack. See if there's anything there I could use to attach this eyes disk more permanently. Failing that, try to dive while pressing the thing into my head.
You observe the mummy now that the statue is off it. It looks like a relatively normal mummy, as mummies go, though very well preserved. As per if it resembles the figure in the cave paintings, thats rather hard to say. Mummies tend to look pretty similar honestly, and cave paintings aren't exactly super detailed. It could be him.

As per a nice sigil, try this: http://www.chaostarot.com/wp-content/uploads/generator/

Uses "Real" methods to generate sigils for specific messages or desires.

Legs and Emissary will continue waiting for the screaming. I assume this does not require a roll, therefore I assume it is a safe, placeholder action and needs no character sheet.
You assume correctly.

Examine the bear from a distance are the spears symmetrical and likely to be artistic or did someone throw spears at an inanimate object

(I'm getting dark souls mimic vibes from this on the one hand loot on the other painful death)

It's hard to tell if the spears were thrown into it or carefully placed. They're not semetrically placed on the body, however each spear seems very solidly buried in the "Flesh" and ther are no marks from misses, no shallow cuts or grooves where a spear hit poorly and did some damage but didn't manage to stick.

Watch with certain sense of unease as Joshua pokes the statue and observe the effects (if any)

The corpse seems to be, for the moment, just a corpse. Poking raises no ire from the dead, it seems.

How the hell would I know what depth to go to? I'm a bloody hamster! Just dive till it seems like I could grab some power.

((I'm not trying to be sneaky about it, but then again I'm not trying to be seen either. Why don't you roll that Find stat of yours?~))
Well, ok. Guess we're just gonna have you dive as deep as you can.
You make it to the third level before you fail a roll. On this level you cal see something very interesting. There's light shining out from the bear statue, and small deep sea life seems to be attracted to it, like remoras to a shark.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Second placeholder action.

Question: Did Starfish Trooper actually manage to pull the statue to the crawler, up in the shaft, by the bore? Or is he on the floor of the room underneath the egress point?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70