Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137317 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

I vote for the cave so no one has to use diving suits or crap like that
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Hmm...maybe...I dunno. What kind of machine are you trying to make to be considered a mech 5?

A Depth Drive (recipe). I'm trying to up my psychic powers to enable me to dive deeper without immediately getting torn apart by monsters, and this is the most reachable bonus right now. A mantra or relic would also help, but to find those I need to get deeper, and to get deeper I need to power up...

The only other obvious way to break out of this catch-22 would be to gain good techniques to help me, but given how much those cost that might take a while. And so I'm gunning for a (powered-down, cause I only have a [deep 3] tag) depth drive, and need a [mechanical 5].

Either way, get on the phone back to home base and see if anyone picks up.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Well, Lets say that you can turn lower level mechanical into higher by combining them. So, find lots of small machines and start combining them into something huge and stupid.

Great, now try to stick the eye disk to my forehead.

Spoiler: Jenkens (click to show/hide)
You stick the eye disk on your head with your little limbs.

FIX YO TAGS, PW! That post is a trainwreck. Much like half of my own.

Edit:

Await the outcome of the vote. emissary remains in teh crawler. Legs will drive the crawler if the bore remains here, or the bore if we are to move back to the hot poison gas hole. (control skill: 80
Seems we're staying here with a resounding vote of 2.

Have a look through the viewports and the bridge and other window like stuff. Scan to see if our immediate surroundings are indeed safe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From the periscope you can see inside the cave. It looks like a reasonably small cave, circular, with what looks like cave paintings on the wall and objects strewn around the floor. In the center of the room is some sort of stratue.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Ready to disembark, would prefer companions, and recommend we take the crawler.
I'll take a bottle of moonshine, as well as some matches and some cloth.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:59:34 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

"So then, men of steel, undead horrors and assorted weirdos, shall we venture forth? Adventure and glory awaits! Also death, probably!"

If the party moves out this turn, accompany them. Grab a backpack and stuff some adventuring tools in it (some rope, a radio, some moonshine of dubious quality. Y'know, the basic necessities).

Use the diving bell or crawler to get down if needed. Once down examine the statue and the stuff that's on the ground.

EDIT: also give my safety harness to Bargthor so he can fulfill his debt.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:14:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grab my gear and get into the crawler

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Cave paintings, eh?  I got an idea."

Get ye harness and paint ready, and head to the outside of the bore.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

Accompany the away team by taking a nap in Joshua's backpack. See if there's anything there I could use to attach this eyes disk more permanently. Failing that, try to dive while pressing the thing into my head.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Em sits in the crawler.
More. rock. pictures.

Legs the Mover drives the crawler into the cavern, taking care not to damage the paintings and stuff. he makes a complete loop of teh cave, inspecting the paintings as he did with the pillar before.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Accompany the away team.  Make ninja starfish noises, and smash anything hostile.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"So then, men of steel, undead horrors and assorted weirdos, shall we venture forth? Adventure and glory awaits! Also death, probably!"

"Very inspiring."
Go with Joshua, be his basket carrier if he so wishes. Keep an eye out for anything dangerous or interesting while we're outside of the bore. Look voer the statue once we're close to it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Very inspiring."
Go with Joshua, be his basket carrier if he so wishes. Keep an eye out for anything dangerous or interesting while we're outside of the bore. Look voer the statue once we're close to it.
I've had worse, my worst was "Alright maggots now we may not have any ammo at the moment but the enemy just got a big delivery as well as some fancy new toys so we are going to run up kick them in the face steal everything and come back for tea" We volunteered the nut job to go first then fell back once his remains hit the floor
My Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Ready to disembark, would prefer companions, and recommend we take the crawler.
I'll take a bottle of moonshine, as well as some matches and some cloth.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

If the party moves out this turn, accompany them. Grab a backpack and stuff some adventuring tools in it (some rope, a radio, some moonshine of dubious quality. Y'know, the basic necessities).

Use the diving bell or crawler to get down if needed. Once down examine the statue and the stuff that's on the ground.

EDIT: also give my safety harness to Bargthor so he can fulfill his debt.

Grab my gear and get into the crawler

Accompany the away team by taking a nap in Joshua's backpack. See if there's anything there I could use to attach this eyes disk more permanently. Failing that, try to dive while pressing the thing into my head.

Em sits in the crawler.
More. rock. pictures.

Legs the Mover drives the crawler into the cavern, taking care not to damage the paintings and stuff. he makes a complete loop of teh cave, inspecting the paintings as he did with the pillar before.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
Accompany the away team.  Make ninja starfish noises, and smash anything hostile.

"Very inspiring."

Everyone grabs their gear and heads to the crawler, it seems. The hamster finds out the eyedisk is already stuck in place and he can already dive. I don't know if he was just checking or actually wanted to do so.

Anways, the bore backs up until there's room for the crawer to get out and walk down into the cave. The driver parks it at the edge and then gets out to do a full inspection of all the paintings. The paintings are, as far as he can see, mostly dedicated towards a single person. They're very simple paintings obviously but one of these tall black figures is drawn with a sort of orangish halo. The paintings celebrate his hunts and his battles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Examine the statue and the stuff that's on the ground. Can I feel any special Deep connection around here?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:12:20 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hang from the harness and paint the outside of the bore as if it was a worm-face

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Smash some paintings, I guess.  Starfish can't appreciate fine art due to their lack of eyes, and are therefore angered by it when they are informed of its existence.

Also, the hamster actually managed a difficulty five build roll, despite having only 14 build?  So, got the lucky 9% success instead of the 91% suicide?

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 70